• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need to Lament about the series!

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    this thread is about lamenting about the things about the show, or ideas related to the show that might slightly or greatly bother you. I'll go first.

1. My idea for a new Evil Team in the Pokemon world is a slightly altered version of TMNT's Foot Clan. The reason behind that is, when I first started watching the Johto saga, I started to get ideas. That was also the time I started watching TMNT 2003 and I saw how well they portrayed the Foot Clan and, coupled with concepts from two other hate-based organizations I saw on TV, I tried to work that into the Pokemon series. I know I didn't change much, but I still think an Anti-Pokemon organization would work. These days, I guess I'm still working at it because I've seen how the other Evil Teams are portrayed; especially Team Rocket and I want to create a group that is far worse than even TR. Also, after seeing how some villains treat Ash, I wanted to imagine a way for them to respond if they knew Ash himself was quite a villain himself (As in, he was going to have been a former member of the Pokemon version of the Foot)

2. I also once had an idea for a talking Persian, about the size of a jaguar, joining the Main cast in the Johto saga. I was told that it wouldn't work outside of as rival to Meowth. Although I don't remember why I thought of this, nowadays, I'm leaning towards this Persian being the very antithesis of TR's Meowth; Kind, intelligent, polite and strong. He was also supposed to act as both Ash's occasional advisor and Pikachu's staunch protector when Ash isn't around.

3. In addition to the Pokemon version of the Foot Clan, I was going to have Ash being revealed to have a sister named Elsa. Originally, she was supposed to be older than him and be menacing and evil. Later, I was leaning towards her being his fraternal twin sister. Now, I'm going in the direction of her being his little sister and actually being as sweet and kind as Delia and love Pokemon as much as her brother. Also, Elsa was going to have one mechanical arm.

4. As many of us have been over, Pokemon BW has gone in a different direction than the others. Many say it is a reboot of the original series, but I just can't roll with that. Sure, like Misty, Iris will make callouts on Ash's methods and like Gary; Trip will act as though he's the better trainer. But when Misty did it, Ash really was a beginner and when it came down to it, Ash proved to be more stick-to-it-ive than Gary at certain things and it was because of his rivalry with Gary that Ash eventually proved he was good trainer. But now, here in Unova, with Iris calling him a kid and Trip calling him a "Boonie", all I can do is think back to how far Ash has come in his training. He trained a Charmander into a Charizard and only lost control of it for a short while. Then battled and defeated a Dragonite. He trained a Chikorita into a Bayleaf, saved a Lugia and beat Gary in a battle. He raised a Treeko into a Sceptile, a Snorunt into a Glalie and won the Battle frontier after battling and defeating an Articuno, a Registeel, Regirock and Regice (He also won the heart of one of the Frontier Brains). He cared a Turtwig into a Torterra, a Starly into a Starraptor and a Chimcharr into an Infernape (something Paul couldn't do). He even bonded with a legendary lake Pokemon and battled and defeated a Darkrai. I know Ash has his quirks; he frequently acts before thinking and doesn't always get the facts first. But the fact remains, he has much potential and skill for battling, he can train Pokemon to be the best they can be. So what I'm getting at is that, after hearing Ash be called a "kid" and a "boonie", I just can't help but think he really should've been treated with a little more respect. Somehow, I think Trip would change his tone if went up against Charizard, Bayleaf, Sceptile, or Infernape. And who knows how Iris would act if she knew that Ash has seen and battled a Dragonair and a Dragonite.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't know about the whole Foot clan thing since I haven't watched TMNT in forever. Or how they parallel Team Rocket, and the other organizations or how Ash has a sister and he would be part of an organization like you stated in one of your points I don't see any of it happening, nor would the writers opt to go that route with this show.

As for your last point, Ash has been reset in terms of knowledge and battle skills for the last couple sagas, as well as Pikachu being nerfed. Ash wouldn't bring his others into the Saga this early, cause the whole point of the journey is to start from anew. Meaning he will only use pokemon outside of Pikachu until at least the Pokemon League Tournament or a Saga like Battle Frontier. He should be treated with more respect, but in the eyes of Trip he doesn't know all Ash accolades, nor do they do anything for Ash at the present time. From what Trip has seen Pikachu(although unable to use Electric attacks lost to Trip newly obtained Snivy), Trip beat down Ash in Battle Club and Pikachu and Snivy actually were the only ones that did anything. So from that Trip thinks of Ash as some noob trainer from the middle of no where. Although in this weeks episode they tied and now I feel Trip has a little more respect for Ash. Long story short Ash needs to earn his respect, not have it given to him. And the only way I see that happening is through wins.

Guest123_x1

The main things that bother me (and I can't watch the show anymore since I don't have cable, I just find out stuff about the show on here) is that Ash is always 10 years old every time he travels to a new region. Also that they always replace his traveling companions every time he goes to a new region.
    One other thing is that since Johto, the producers have been focusing on side stories rather than Ash winning gym badges and getting into the league's championships.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    They changed companions in Johto? And Brock left after Johto? No they just changed the female companions since then and finally opted to go with Cilan above Brock(and yes there was Tracey in Orange Islands as well). That's because after the original series they wanted to expand their horizons on stories. If they went and solely focused on getting badges and making it to the Pokemon League the series would be over before the next generation. Kanto had the filler Saga of the Orange Islands like Advanced had Battle Frontier, so it really isn't much different now. We got 2 badges in 16 episodes and 3 in 25 so I don't see how they aren't focusing on badges and the league at least early on. Focusing on side stories helps for character development of other people beside Ash, which I personally believe is essential to the series. The pokemon and other companions need their development or else there would be characters that lack much personality or back story.

Last edited:
    Back