• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I once caught Mewtwo with a pokeball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
    It's true. I was trying to catch it and was battling with Articuno out, when I used just one blizzard attack and bought it down to the "red zone," and froze it solid. I kept chucking ultra balls at it, but they didn't work too well, surprisingly. Heck, I chucked 99 of those things at it, and every time, the ball either missed or it broke loose after 1 or 2 seconds. I soon used them all up, so I decided to take a gamble and used the one pokeball in my inventory, and, to my surprise, it actually worked! And afterwards? I was umping araounfd in victory going,"Yes, yes! I finally caught Mewtwo! and it only took me about 1000 tries! Yahoo!"

I still reflect on that in awe. Ultra balls, I can understand possibly catching it, but a POKEBALL? That's just next to impossible! I got very lucky, didn't I?

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Bravo.........................................................................

Years
    Lol, it's a very rare thing, but I;ve had similar experiences with full-HP high-level non-legendaries so O'm not surprised it was possible, but again congrats on yar lucky catch. ^_^

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Uh,Yeah um yeah congrats to you.

Oh and have you seen the BRAGGING RIGHTS THREAD in the general game disscussion forum.

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
    It's all on luck. Well, you were determined to capture it. And that's excatly how you finish/accomplish things. I'm glad you caught it and I hope you enjoy your new team member!

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Yeah this should be in the bragging rights definitely lol. *dusts off shoulders* I haven't had too many bad catches myself. *smirks* I caught a Rayquaza in a diveball, in your momma's cambell chicken noodle soup.

Last edited:

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
    I know a person online who once caught a level 70 Rayquaza with one Pok?Ball, with no damage nor status inflicted. Just one Pok?Ball. O_________O

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    eX.A.K.R. said:
    I know a person online who once caught a level 70 Rayquaza with one Pok?Ball, with no damage nor status inflicted. Just one Pok?Ball. O_________O

Okay maybe i'm not too great of a poster because I received a red square from this thread. 0__o someone must hate me. Anyway's, wow to eX.A.K.A.R's onine friend. I think we should all post in that bragging rights thread now because I think this one might get closed real soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back