• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I put in a request for a Rocket version...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    So I put in a support ticket at pokemon.com, asking why a rocket version hasn't been made. Naturally, I got a pre-canned response. I'd be willing to bet that if a lot of people asked this question in a short period of time, they'd pay more attention.

Here's the original message:

I'm sure you're asked this question a million times a year, but why hasn't a Pokemon: Rocket Version been made? According to Google's keyword tool (https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal), there are thousands of searches every month for a rocket version.

In a pokemon fan forum, there was a hack made for a rocket version. It remains to this day very much incomplete, but the thread for it has been viewed over 250,000 times, and the hack has been downloaded over 14,000 times (not counting all the other shares it has had on the Internet).

(NOTE: I didn't mention it in the original message, but I'm referring to this thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=167323)

And that's just one hack.

Obviously, there is a huge demand for this kind of game. But Nintendo has yet to meet it.

I can tell you, I was sorely disappointed when I played Pokemon: Red for the first time, and had the offer to join Team Rocket on the Nugget Bridge, but wasn't given the option to do so.

I understand such a video game can cause controversy, and might not reflect well on Pokemon's image, but may I remind you that such controversy would only serve to increase the desirability of said game, and create an excellent marketing campaign for it.

I think I speak for many now adult fans who grew up with Pokemon when I say, we want a Team Rocket version!

Thanks for reading this. :-)

Personally, I'd love to be able to get into touch with some decision makers at Nintendo, as I think I could persuade them there is a significant demand for this type of game among their older fans.

Perhaps you can also contact Nintendo and Pokemon support asking them for a Rocket version. If enough people do it, who knows, it might actually happen. ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Cool idea, but there isn't really a place here that you can rally up everyone to go send this request, I'm afraid.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back