• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I really nead help in Pokemon Emerald!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I have a Pokemon Emerald for GBA it is a legal copy not a fake one, I have beaten the elite 4 for three times, I haven't been to the battle frontier yet. On the first time I beat th elite 4, I waited for the credits to finish, on the second time I turned off the game on the credits where you can see the character riding a bike (I didn't want to wait) and on the thirt time I pressed a+b+start+select on the credits so that it will just restart and what happened was it got corrupted it says "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage. The game can be played".

My question is, is it because I pressed a+b+start+select? or is my game broken? or is it really risky beating the elite 4 again? please answer my question I really need help...

also the game can still be played, I havent tried saving though..

UekiFan4

Go Green, And Save The World!!
    Years
  • Hey, the same thing happened 2 me!!! I've been trying 2 go to the Battle Frontier for, like, 2 years!!
    And I even wasted 50 ringgit (ringgit is my country's currency) to buy another emerald cartridge!!!
    I'll support ur question, cuz I wanna know too!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had heard somewhere that the internal battery problems resurfaced in Emerald (on a different nature than what happened in G/S/C), but I'm really not sure. I've never encountered this problem, so I don't know what the problem is for you.

It could have something to do with when you bought the game. Did you buy one of the first or last copies produced? Maybe there are some glitches that were found in the earlier versions of the game, and were fixed in later versions of the game.

If it continues, all I can suggest is that you buy a new copy. I've never seen this problem before, so sorry I can't be of much help on the issue.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Ok, I actually HAVE had this problem:

Even though it IS a complete annoyance, watch the entire credit movie. There is a reason it tells you not to turn off the power before they even start.
    Now, when you DO beat the Elite Four in Emerald, to get to the BF follow this:
    Get the boat ticket from your dad.
    Get on the ship in either Lilycove, or Slateport City.
    On the ship, you should meet Scott. He will tell you that from now on, the boat can take you to the Battle Frontier. Once you get off of the boat in the other port town, board it again, and the Battle Frontier SHOULD be an option to go to.

If you do ALL of this, and it stillhasn't worked, you may need to buy another game.

Hope I helped. <3

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Did you turn off WHEN it was saying "Saving... Dont turn off the Power..." or after?
    I have beaten E4 in Ruby 102 times, and usually turn off when the first Pokemon pop up on the screen, WITH [START] + [SELECT] + (A) + (B)

Back