• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] I really, really need help here.

Pikablu Lv.X

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    On VBA, I tried playing Pokemon Ruby, saved (Not through the save states, the normal game save), turned VBA off, and when I played it again, it hadn't saved! I tried this several times, and thought that it might be just a problem with the ROM. But I tried several ROMs and it didn't work! Also VBA doesn't create a .sav file!
    What do I do?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    1) Load Rom into VBA.
    2) Go to the Options Menu > Save Type > Flash 128K.
    3) Start Game.
    4) Save.
    5) Close and then re-open and reload rom into VBA.
    6) Should be working now.

:D

EDIT: Besides, save stating is so much easier. It allows you to continue on from where you left off, especially if you need to go off somewhere in the middle of a battle.
    Hold Shift and press F1 to save state.
    Press F1 to load the save state that you saved.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Actually saving normally is essential with most pokemon games.
    Save stating is useful, til you get to an event where you are forced to save (ex. Elite 4)
    So dont just ignore it..
    Because I know that some hacks require clear save states to change to 128 flash..
    So make sure you can save before continuing.

Back