• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I stopped using Gyarados (OU RMT)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    At A Glance:

introdution:
    Hey guys, here's another RMT from me, and now I've lost count of the no. of RMT's I've made. I've finally stopped using Gyarados, as the title says :D. This is the second successful of the lot, having 60 wins and being the losing side only 27 times. So, I'd like to present it to you:​

In Depth:

Empoleon (M) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 156 HP/100 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Hydro Pump
    - Aqua Jet
    - Ice Beam
    Comments: Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet defeat a lot of common leads, and its not even funny. Ice Beam clears away the anti-lead Dragonites, and for some reason ALWAYS freezes lead Roserades. Stealth Rock is obvious, and Lum Berry saves me against Smeargle and Roserade. Why Empoleon, one of the best leads, is #24 in leads and so underrated, is out of my knowledge.
    ---

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    Comments: Starmie makes a return in my team here, swapping Expert Belt for Life Orb and getting Recover instead of Psychic. Starmie has a great ability, Natural Cure, as well as a wide movepool, making it one of the best special sweepers. When I'm in trouble, Starmie is the first thing I go to thanks to its good speed. Water+Electric+Ice hits everything for neutral, except for the rare Lanturn and the very rare Shedinja. Recover off the Life Orb recoil.
    ---

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Recover
    Comments: Latias too makes a return, having the same set as earlier. The idea is simple, Calm Mind up then proceed to sweep. Dragon Pulse is my main means of attacking with STAB, and Surf helps to kill the Steel types resisting Dragon Pulse. Recover on low HP. Only Empoleon, which is rare, resists the Dragon+Water combo.
    ---

Zapdos @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Comments: Zapdos retains its place in my team. Its awesome, and can sweep through teams easily which dont have Blissey. Thunderbolt is my STAB, having a good chance to OHKO Salamence with Stealth Rock up, Heat Wave was a good Platinum addition, killing the Grass types resisting Thunderbolt. HP Grass is useful, as it kills the Swamperts coming in seeing a Zapdos. Roost is to shed the Life Orb recoil. Fire+Electric+Grass combo is only resisted by Latias.
    ---

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    Comments: Tyranitar also retains its place in my team. Now, having three special sweepers, I needed a physical sweeper, and Tyranitar was the first one to come to my mind. DD up, then sweep. DD also boosts Tyranitar's speed, it's only low stat. Stone Edge and Crunch are my STAB options, and Fire Punch handles Scizor, who loves to come into Tyranitar, then getting killed thanks to the Babiri Berry.
    ---

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    Comments: I needed another physical sweeper which doesn't require to setup, and Jirachi was the first to come to my mind. Choice Scarf is to make Iron Head flinch things, with a hilarious 60% flinch rate. I 8HKO'd a Metagross with Jirachi, and each time it kept flinching and flinching. Fire Punch handles Lucario and Scizor, who love to come in on Iron Head. Ice Punch OHKO's Mence, and Flygon. Spamming U-turn is one of my favourite things :D.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ouch, Scizor is such a pain to this team.

Your only answer to it is Zapdos, which is SS + SR + LO Recoil and also Pursuit weak. Yeah that isnt gonna fly.

It also gets free switch ins on Latias and Jirachi not locked into Fire Punch.

Gyarados weak, nothing stops it (OHKOing Starmie and Zapdos after a DD boost) and it can set up on Jirachi AND Empoleon. T-Punch would be a good starting point on Jirachi >> U-Turn, i guess.

Stall is also a pretty massive issue. Forry and Skarm get free Spikes on Jirachi and Latias. Swampert/Hippowdon/Bliss/Foe Support Tar etc also get ample opportunities to get SR up here.

TL;DR get a better answer to Scizor/Gyarados and actually get something that can break stall. This also has like no synergy apart from "slap 6 random guys together and hope they dont have a counter" you need to open up sweeps via having a strategy and this team isnt doing it.

EDIT :

Also;

dark azelf:
    "blissey used t-wave" well jee i guess there goes your team ?
    dark azelf: lol!

^needs sorting, nothing can take T-Waves. Dont even say Empoleon because Blissey craps all over that.

Last edited:
    Back