• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think the anime is getting old...

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I read somewhere that the Pokemon anime was only meant to air for a year... Wow. Now it has aired for 10 years and I'm still not tired of it. Pokemon probably wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now if it only lasted a year... I'm glad it has lasted this long. It lets kids new to the series have fun, too.

......Why the heck am I talking like I'm so old?

Also, Team Rocket will never get Pikachu. It's like, impossible. >_> The closest they have come to stealing Pokemon is catching that boy's Yanma before he did.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah. I dont think TR is old myself. Its just annoying but how they show more of their past is great and keeps me interested in them.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I agree, but I didn't know about the games until I watched the anime, honestly. That's why I say keep the anime, it keeps the game running.
    Also @ Ebon, I agree, the shows are getting a lot better.

I honestly skip past all the Team Rocket stuff when it comes along.. but other than that I like the new character Dawn. Although she was first at tough.. she now cries all the freakin time.

I wish she would fight gym leaders along with contests or maybe just gym leaders. It kind of gets boring around all the contests episodes.. but other than that it's all fine to me.

i'm getting tired of contests thats why i haven't watched as much the last two regions.....
    Ash better make friends with a girl who isn't into contests Gen V

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I LOVE THE CONTESTS in the anime...it is great...and lately dawn hasn't been crying a bit too much, she's been acting a bit more mature ever since the wallace cup and the summer school arc...

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I LOVE THE CONTESTS in the anime...it is great...and lately dawn hasn't been crying a bit too much, she's been acting a bit more mature ever since the wallace cup and the summer school arc...
    lol mayb i'll watch some i hated it when she acts childish

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years

well she kinda won the wallace cup lol... hmmm the celestic contest episodes are comin up. I wonder if she'll win that and if she doesn't, will she get all depressed again?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm under the impression that it's repeatative, because the point of the anime is grab new fans, and it's typically aimed at younger kids. Kids who watch it these days weren't even born when it first started, and if they haven't seen the older seasons then to them it's still fresh and interesting. So by repeating some of the same ideas that we liked back in the day, and keeping Ash and Team Rocket alive (so to speak..) it'll just continue to grab the interest of more kids. The ideas worked once, and it seems they're still working 11 years later.

If we/the older fans don't like it, then we can shut our mouths and go back to our Gundam 00, Tower of Druaga, Elfen Lied, what-have-you, and stop watching Pokemon.

Ooooor we can stick with it, and hope it gets a bit more original. nn;

..but I dunno, I've been waiting about 5 years for that to happen.

Years
    I can't watch the anime anymore. I pretty much lost interest in it back during the Johto series, and while I've tried to get into a few times recently, I just can't. The voice acting is weird now, among other things, and the show just doesn't really appeal to me anymore like it did during the first season.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I think the anime is awesome! It's not getting old at all because there are new generations of Pokemon. Ahh, I really really love the anime.. and the DP seasons are the best seasons in my opinion. I saw some posts saying that the DP seasons aren't nice after they've watched the first few episodes; I think DP's first few episodes aren't as good as those episodes behind..

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I agree, it is getting repetitive, but at least lately they are starting to make some variations and inserting a few innovative characters, though ash is dangerously close to becoming a gary stu.

Years
    I haven't been able to see much of the D/P series, since they only seem to be on TV while I'm at school, or otherwise preoccupied :/ But personally, I'd like to follow a new trainer as the main character and have the old original main characters pop in every once in awhile. Part of it may be that I loathe the new English voices, but I'm not sure. Even so...I'm getting a bit tired of Ash and would like to follow someone new and fresh. That would make me happy. :3

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    I kinda think anime is getting old, primarily because it seems like an excuse to recreat DBZ. I've grown to hate Naruto and Bleach because they are second echoes of DBZ, with the first being Yu-Yu Hakusho or Hunter X Hunter, or Ninku, or something(which were really good anime) I like action, I just need to see some new type of action though. And have poeple stop using those retarded shakespaerian-wannabe characters. Being alone your entire life? losing your mom? Why the heck do I wanna sympesize with that? It's getting old. I was sad for Vegeta and Fusuke first. And that was enough on its own.

Simply enough, the just need somethin new.

XD

That's how I feel about anime in general. As for pokemon, I've long since grew bored of it. Far too repetitive; so much, I question wether I truly need to go in depth about the matter...

Back