• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna be the very best...(OU RMT =])

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    No one likes me =(OU RMT)

Because nobody really commented on my team, I decided to make a few changes:

Well, since platinum came out, I figured I'd make a new team. I didn't want to use the same pokemon that everyone was using (aka hetran) so I've been trying this out, and it's been working relatively well, but something seems to be missing, like this team isn't living up to its full potential. Anyway here it is EDITED:

Up close:

Lucario @ Focus Sash
    Inner Focus/Lonely
    Hp:4/Atk:252/Spe:252

Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Crunch
    Counter

Lucario may seem like a poor choice for a lead, but it's actually quite a great anti lead. First off, it's sandstorm resistant, inner focus leaves fake out leads rendered useless, and its got an almost unbreakable sash counter. Counter can be used to throw people off, also Close combat and extremespeed combination is deadly 2HKOing both Infernape and Aerodactyl. Crunch is for azelfs and whatnot.

Kingdra @ Life orb
    Naughty/Swift Swim
    Atk:252/SpA:240/Spe:16

Draco Meteor
    Rain Dance
    Waterfall
    Hydro Pump

Mixmence replacement. I prefer him for many reasons, one being he only has one weekness, and he's strong against his weekness. Also I like the rain dance being set up, so I get a speed/power boost (Empoleon may also be able to take advantage of the power boost). Hydro Pump is there, because it's more powerful than waterfall, and can take down alot.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Adament/ Poison Heal
    Hp:48/Atk:252/Spe:208

Swords Dance
    Mach Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Spore

Right off the bat, I DO NOT like the sub seed version of breloom, even if it's on my team. I think it's cheap and unfair. Anyway, this set works really well. Spore, then SD on the switch/sleep, then dominate with STAB/SD/LO. I have poison heal on him to make people think twice about throwning toxic/toxic spikes around. Mach Punch is a nice priority, and Seed Bomb is for Swampart, etc...

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
    Modest/Torrent
    Hp:12/SpA:252/SpD:12/Spe:232

Agility
    Substitute
    Surf
    Ice Beam

I really like this thing. Substitute down, using agility in the process, so i can hopefully be faster, then use STAB+Torrent+Petaya Berry to attempt to rape. It can be a nice late game sweeper, aside from better covereage moves. I like Ice Beam > Grass knot, because well i never really liked grass knot, as it's only effective on heavy pokemon, and most pokemon heavy pokemon are defensive, and the metagame is pretty offensive..

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Jolly/ Arena Trap
    Hp:40/Atk:252/Spe:216

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Sucker Punch
    Aerial Ace

Honestly, I don't understand why people don't use this thing anymore. He's such an awesome revenge killer! Switch into something, and it can't switch out, then proceed to make opponant =(. Aerial ace is for fightings, sucker punch is for ghosts, etc, and just if i want (or need) to get a quick kill. Choice band boosts up his attack, more so than life orb, and honestly, I don't need to change my moves, switching out is just fine considering Dugtrio's attack.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
    Bold/Levitate
    Hp:252/Def:168/SpD:88

Thunderbolt
    Shadowball
    Overheat
    Will-o-Wisp

Well this thing has been a great help so far. It takes care of my Gyrados problem, and my scizor problem. WOW really helps with crippling opposing sweepers. Also, its pretty deffensive, so it can take some hits, then fire back with some powerful moves. Shadow ball is a good stab for takin out other ghosts like gengar or psychics like alakazam. I like thunderbolt, because even though it doesn't paralize as much, it still packs a punch.

Pokemon that I wouldn't mind having on my team:

Cuz i love him

Cuz he's blue... and he can swim... (and he's gyrados)

and anything else the nice people at Pokecommunity tell me to add =)

My concerns...

scares the hell outa me.. I don't really have a specific counter for it either.. =/

any and all help is appriciated =)

Last edited:

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
    Although this looks to be a pretty balanced team it is a bit on the slow side of a fast paced metagame. Scarfgar can come in on a lot of your team members can cause trouble and I prefer the agilipoleon set than the subpataya set as it gives you more coverage, easier to set up and gives you something to hit gyarados with.
    Just my thoughts, I may be wrong but other people haven't posted their opinions yet so I thought I'd help you out.

Back