• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want Misty Back!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    @w@ I know you just make up anything to say that you are right, but man, even that's a little bit too far in failed logic land.

I assure you, I'm not making any of this up.

I don't want Misty back, nor do I think the show needs her. Why was Misty fishing that day in the first episode? Why why she there?
    Not because she was waiting for someone to come along to follow around for the next few years.
    Because she dreamed of being a great water pokemon trainer.
    And that's what she's doing now as a gym leader. Trying to pull her back on the show permanently for nostalgia/pokeshipping reasons is destroying what little she has left as an actual interesting character (her dream), and makes her nothing but "the mandatory girl" or "main boy's love interest".

She can easily do that by joining Ash as well. Besides, becoming a Gym Leader will NOT make you the greatest Water Pokemon Master, not any more than JJM became the world's greatest Pokemon Masters by losing to a Caterpie (which, BTW, I feel that Gym Leaders and JJM are very similar in regards to how they lose).

Besides, Ash dreamed of being a great pokemon Master, so why is he continuing onto Sinnoh if he could finally achieve his goal by becoming a Frontier Brain? It only makes him the "mandatory boy" or "the main girl's love interest", not having him do these things. If they can do that with Ash, they can with Misty as well.

If you miss her so much, go watch the old episodes. :| Let the new show go on, I rather like it with girls who actually do stuff.

And what do you mean by "actually doing stuff"? Misty did a LOT of things as far as I'm concerned, and she did definitely do more than Brock, anyways. Heck, one can argue that Ash himself hasn't done a single thing, either (they have similar goals).

And anyways, if May and Dawn weren't so much of that stereotype that Animes have long shown (Like the girls from Love Hina, the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu from "Battle Vixens", the Fiorello Fangirls, many of the girls that Master Roshi looks at from DB/DBZ, among others), and heck, even NON-animes (the majority of the female characters from "Two and a Half men", Girls Gone Wild, Barbie, Disney Princess Franchise, and the Triplets from "Beauty and the Beast" are evidence of this), and if the cast and crew hadn't used "Eyecandy" as the primary reason to replace Misty, or heck, do that entire Girl Swap for that matter, I wouldn't HAVE to try and bring Misty back.

I don't even care for Pokeshipping, anyways. In fact, I don't even believe in it, especially seeing how Love at First Sight was never involved, never mind the fact that it was never confirmed.

I mean, honestly, do you even know what it even feels like when a character you thought was a perfect rolemodel for females to emulate would end up being replaced by a character who is that exact bad influence on girls? Do you even know what it's like to basically feel as though anyone you knew, anyone you cared for in terms of females, would end up the next day becoming Bulimics, Anorexics, Starlet imitators, or anything like that, Heck, even DEAD as a result of those actions?! I think and fear what would happen to my friends every day. I may not outwardly show it in terms of physical expressions, but I definitely fear it.

Plus, we also have to take into account future generations. If this trend of FAS continues, then the Anorexia and Bulimia disorders will increase, and in a matter of the next generation, most of the female population would die off as a result of that.

Years
    owo Of course Ash is the mandatory boy. It's his freaking show. Not Misty's.
    Ash's dream is null because he's a money maker for the producers, he has to keep going. Misty does not.

Ash does gyms, and has rivals. And you would be shot if you said Paul didn't bring any entertainment, even to the people who don't even like him.
    Brock is the mother, the wise one, the caretaker. You think Ash could really take care of himself?
    Misty sits there. And walks beside them. And sometimes captures a pokemon once in a blue moon. And walks beside them. Says a few things. And....yeah.

I don't really care that Dawn and May are stereotypes. They do contests, have rivals, and provide a little more entertainment besides just "being there".

If Ash is going no where with his quest to be a pokemon master, how will going with him help Misty with her dream to be a water pokemon master?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    owo Of course Ash is the mandatory boy. It's his freaking show. Not Misty's.

No, it's not his show, neither is it Misty's, Brock's, May's, Dawn's, Tracey's, Max's, or Team Rockets. It's EVERYONE'S show.

In fact, arguably, the only TRUE star(s) of the show is/are the Pokemon Themselves (seeing how they are literally the title of the series.)

Ash's dream is null because he's a money maker for the producers, he has to keep going. Misty does not.

Doesn't matter. Contests were also money makers so they could have easily kept May for Sinnoh. but they didn't. A goal would need to be able to be completed, otherwise, don't even bother making one in the first place.

Ash does gyms, and has rivals. And you would be shot if you said Paul didn't bring any entertainment, even to the people who don't even like him.

So did May and Dawn (though replace Gyms with contest), even Misty to a certain extent, and yet they were replaced.

Brock is the mother, the wise one, the caretaker. You think Ash could really take care of himself?

Considering how they fared pretty well in the Orange Islands, as well as the 13 days they were in Viridian forest WITHOUT Brock (in the latter case, they haven't even KNOWN or MET Brock), yes.

Besides, there's a thing called "character development", they should use it, in fact, to try and have Ash learn once and for all that he doesn't need Brock.

Misty sits there. And walks beside them. And sometimes captures a pokemon once in a blue moon. And walks beside them. Says a few things. And....yeah.

Brock makes captures once in a blue moon, as well.

And also, she did far more than that. Heck, I actually have a LIST of episodes where she actually does things that are more than just sitting, talking, walking behind them/besides them. And I'm thinking of spilling out everything out if you say one more time that she didn't "do anything".

Heck, even NOW, Ash is only making a few captures in a blue moon, and so far has NOT captured a single pokemon since Gligar's capture exactly a year, five months, and ten days prior.

I don't really care that Dawn and May are stereotypes. They do contests, have rivals, and provide a little more entertainment besides just "being there".

So, you only care for the entertainment, eh? What if your niece, your daughter, or a female relative of yours ended up sent to a rehab facility to cure herself of Anorexia/Bulimia, because May and/or Dawn convinced her that she has to look like them to be beautiful, or started acting like a bimbo like them because she feels that's how girls must act? If you thought about that, maybe you'd care a bit more about this problem.

If Ash is going no where with his quest to be a pokemon master, how will going with him help Misty with her dream to be a water pokemon master?

Because they kept him when they could have easily replaced him with another character and had him accept the Brain Position.

Besides, becoming a Gym Leader =/= becoming a water pokemon master, so she won't get any closer to her goal at the gym anyways. In fact, if anything. seeing how she'll spend most of her time doomed to lose to several rookie pokemon to the extent that she would be basically a JJM-esque character, like ALL GLs are, it would actually make her grow farther from her goal.

At least with Ash being a Battle Frontier Brain, he'll face off against Pokemon of his caliber (IE, veterans), in Misty's current position, her losses are comparable to JJM having their Ekans and Koffing lose against a completely inexperienced, barely even alive Caterpie despite their vast experience SEVERAL HUNDRED TIMES PER MONTH (I'm sorry for the all caps, but I wanted to emphasize it.). People deemed JJM to be completely pathetic because of that, and the Gym Leaders faced similar losses as well, so if Misty doesn't return to the show, or at least retire from the Gym to someone in the family whose more competent, she WILL become a JJM-esque character.

notoriouslybizarre

Chimchar Lover ^^
    Years
    I love Misty!

When Misty left, and they replaced May, I stopped watching the Anime.
    Now that May is gone, I went back into watching it. I like Dawn more than May.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    I love Misty!

When Misty left, and they replaced May, I stopped watching the Anime.
    Now that May is gone, I went back into watching it. I like Dawn more than May.

I know what you mean; May was ok, but I have to say I like Dawn more than her; maybe we'll be lucky enough to see Misty back for a couple of episodes but it won't be as a main like it was before. But seeing her in a couple of episodes will make me happy ^^.

Years
    owo

No, it's not his show, neither is it Misty's, Brock's, May's, Dawn's, Tracey's, Max's, or Team Rockets. It's EVERYONE'S show.

In fact, arguably, the only TRUE star(s) of the show is/are the Pokemon Themselves (seeing how they are literally the title of the series.)

No, it really is his show. He maybe shares it with Pikachu, but this show is about the journey of a boy named Ash Ketchum as he explores the land of pokemon.

Doesn't matter. Contests were also money makers so they could have easily kept May for Sinnoh. but they didn't. A goal would need to be able to be completed, otherwise, don't even bother making one in the first place.

They switched out Dawn for contests in Sinnoh for more advertisement of DP Games.
    Goals do not need to be achieved, because if they were achieved the show would stop, and that means no more money. They take the current game girl so the games get advertised, get her so far with her contests, and then ship her off to make room for the next one so the goal is not achieved.

So did May and Dawn (though replace Gyms with contest), even Misty to a certain extent, and yet they were replaced.

Yes, that's what I said. They have rivals. Just because they had rivals doesn't mean they won't get replaced. When May has gotten close to her goal, so have her rivals, so now it's time for some new ones! We get Dawn and Zoey, so on. Misty has a rival for like an episode. Ash himself actually restarts to advertise the new game's pokemon and to make more rivals.

And also, she did far more than that. Heck, I actually have a LIST of episodes where she actually does things that are more than just sitting, talking, walking behind them/besides them. And I'm thinking of spilling out everything out if you say one more time that she didn't "do anything".

She didn't do anything. Whee. Hit me.

But yes I know she does not psychically "not do anything" but those things.
    I'm talking about character development, an overall plot, things of the like.
    Post-Togepi, she really didn't do much for these type of things. Her character could really develop no more and Johto really had a lack of an overall plot besides "win the league".

Heck, even NOW, Ash is only making a few captures in a blue moon, and so far has NOT captured a single pokemon since Gligar's capture exactly a year, five months, and ten days prior.

Because it filled his 6th pokemon slot. There is really no need for another capture as right now it's more focused on training his pokemon to finish up the badges and enter the league.

So, you only care for the entertainment, eh?

Why yes, I do. That's why I watch fictional cartoon shows.
    And it's really annoying how you are insinuating all girls who watch this show are so stupidly vain and retarded that they'd base their image off a cartoon.

Because they kept him when they could have easily replaced him with another character and had him accept the Brain Position.

owo Again, no they couldn't.

Pokemon's purpose to make money.
    Everyone knows Ash and Pikachu's faces as they were the main characters when it skyrocketed. It's still working, so why change what's not broken?
    *_* As long as Ash still makes them money, they will not replace him.

And don't say that everyone knew Misty so they was no reason to replace her.
    It may suck
    But Ash is more important than Misty. Period. Ash is the main character, and Misty is the female sidekick.

notoriouslybizarre

Chimchar Lover ^^
    Years
    I know what you mean; May was ok, but I have to say I like Dawn more than her; maybe we'll be lucky enough to see Misty back for a couple of episodes but it won't be as a main like it was before. But seeing her in a couple of episodes will make me happy ^^.
    I agree with you. The last episode I remember seeing Misty was in a Togepi episode. I was sad that she only came back just for Togepi. She should've stayed for a few more episodes.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    I agree with you. The last episode I remember seeing Misty was in a Togepi episode. I was sad that she only came back just for Togepi. She should've stayed for a few more episodes.

The last one I saw her in was before The Battle Frontier; she had an appearance in I think it was three episodes and she left for the gym again in A Real Cleffa-Hanger Episode. But she has been seen in the new theme for series 12 of the Diamond and Pearl so perhaps we will see her again.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lornami said:
    Pokemon's purpose to make money.

But Ash is more important than Misty. Period. Ash is the main character, and Misty is the female sidekick.

/thread.

As much as some of us try to over look that, that's really what it boils down to.

Sorry to take this so seriously, but I'm bored, so yeah. xD Misty won't ever come back for more than small appearances. She may have been the original female, but that doesn't mean much. One of them had to be the original, and it just happened to be Misty. She has as much of a chance to fully come back as May does.. which won't ever happen either. Misty showed up to meet May, May showed up to meet Hikari, (Dawn, whatever. >_>) and Hikari will probably show up to meet the next female in line.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    So, you only care for the entertainment, eh? What if your niece, your daughter, or a female relative of yours ended up sent to a rehab facility to cure herself of Anorexia/Bulimia, because May and/or Dawn convinced her that she has to look like them to be beautiful, or started acting like a bimbo like them because she feels that's how girls must act? If you thought about that, maybe you'd care a bit more about this problem.
    I want Misty Back!

Way to go. Are you saying that there would be nothing that a parent could do to prevent that. You are pretty much stating that as if it was inevitable if Misty didn't come back. It is 100% preventable. Parental Controls are you friend. And I will not expect you to keep complaining that failed excuse into your 30s with any of your descendants. Heck, I hope you don't care about cartoons by then.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    cartoons
    Contrary to popular belief
    Are not serious business
    Pokemon is a cartoon
    Therefore it is not serious business
    Okai end if story now let's eat cake :3

Also
    You really should go outside mr.weedle
    The real world is really a great place, it's filled with real solutions to real problems

And candy :D!!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ooh cake and candy sweet !

What the heck did that comment have to do with anything? He was exclaiming about reality with a little crack. I would facepalm but I already used my card and it's in the graveyard! *damnit*

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    ooh cake and candy sweet !

shinji ate all the cake
    I want Misty Back!

and you'll have to go to the real world for the candy

sorry

but srsly smapping is a nono, please actually contribute to the conversation
    its just like
    not good ya' know?

and im not helping
    soo

i think the lure is as close to an appearance we'll get IMHO at least >3<

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    shinji ate all the cake
    I want Misty Back!
    This is the best and most intelligent thing that has been posted in this thread :D I can now sleep tonight knowing that there is some sanity in this world.

Misty is thin, too, I don't know why May and Dawn are being picked on for being thin. Actually, most anime girls look thin.

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years

...Weedle, I understand what you're getting at, but I highly doubt that girls out there are looking at May and Dawn and thinking they have to be "thin" like them. Why?

They're CARTOONS, since they're not real I'm pretty sure most kids don't take them seriously. :/

Now as for all those real actresses and actors out there in the media who are constantly telling girls and maybe boys, that you have to be thin to be liked and all that crap, they're the ones you should be boycotting against.

And now back to Misty. If she came back maybe she could enter a couple water contests, like Dawn. :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I wonder why Haruka/May fans don't complain like this.

Anyway Misty had her time, May had her time, Dawn will have her time, Generation 5 female will have her time, that's how I see it.

The pictures so far are really poor and overused though. Seriously.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    I don't want Misty back, simply because they'll ruin her like Ash and Brock. The more we see of Misty, the less we'll like her. Despite this, I still think Dawn is quite a bland character and I don't see what the hype is about her. But I'm sure, someone will point out a few things on why she's a great character, and others will point out why she 'sucks'.

But, I'd love to see Misty come back for a few episodes and too bring her Gyarados.
    I have just about the same opinion, Misty is by far one of my favorite character and one of the only ones that they haven't ruined. I still miss her though, and I want her to be a main character, but by now its obvious that its not going to happen.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I have just about the same opinion, Misty is by far one of my favorite character and one of the only ones that they haven't ruined. I still miss her though, and I want her to be a main character, but by now its obvious that its not going to happen.

How can the writers ruin her?

Back