• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I want to hear that track again!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Team Rocket Battle theme. I love that piece of music the most. Fortunately for me, I have that theme, but unfortunately I can't hear it in game ever again, unless I restart, but I don't want to do that.

No probs dude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN5vQ1UR2bA

Savour it :) So far as I know you can find them all on this guy's YouTube profile if you search it.

Suzune

Gary Was Here, Ash Is A Loser!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Ho-Oh Battle and Rival Music. Some of the best I've heard in a pokemon game.

Freydan

Mystery Woman
    Years
    Eusine's Theme and the Rival Battle Theme are both very very awesome. I remember leaving Crystal on when I met Eusine in Cianwood just so I could listen to that theme. :pink_giggle:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Just listening to all the awesome themes on Youtube makes me want to send ALL my good pokemon back to my Platinum and just play through my Pokemon SoulSilver Version over and over and OVER again.

Oh, and here's a small thing I found out:

You know how the DS has that small thing you can plug your earplugs into, right? Well, if you start your Pokemon HG/SS version with them in (and in your ears of course), you can hear the normal bell sound, but you can also hear the echo (thanks Kip :D) of the bell. It sounds really good.

Also, I was just listening to the Vermilion City music about half an hour ago, and it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and calm. <3333333

Also, Route 1... ohmygod. I just listened to ALL the versions of it on Youtube (R/B/Y, G/S/C, and FR/LG, but not HG/SS, since I was listening to it on my DS) and it still has that new trainer feel that I really and truly love.

*gets emotional and distracted from what i'm supposed to do*

Last edited:

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    I wasn't really a big fan of the HG/SS remixes. Specifically, i was disappointed by Burned Tower, which was my favourite in G/S. I think Dragon's Den and the Champion's theme lost the 'power' they had in the original.

But on to the positive...
    I looove Saffron's theme now. Before it was kind of generic and bland, but the beginning now has got this bossa-nova thing going on that totally suits my taste in music.

The Kimono Girls theme also improved from G/S, I think.

Olivine's theme stayed pretty true to the old tune, so I liked that. So did the route that had the Miltank farm in it.

I like Victory Road BECAUSE the music isn't like the original...I always had so much trouble with Victory Road as a kid because the music majorly creeped me out. Still does. :P

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well, if you start your Pokemon HG/SS version with them in (and in your ears of course), you can hear the normal bell sound, but you can also hear the aftersound (??? I don't know the actual english word for it, i'm just guessing xD) of the bell. It sounds really good.

I think the word you're looking for is "echo". :) And yeah, it sounds pretty good.

Though if we're talking about the intro as a whole (going slightly off topic), I was a bit disappointed. It just seemed to be a re-imagining of D/P/Pt rather than a remake of the original (which I loved), which is what happened in FR/LG. I still think Platinum's intro is the best in Gen IV :P

OK, rant over.

Years
    Every music in this game is fantastic. The five which I most love are:

1 - Violet City :D makes me fell like a nine-year old kid
    2 - Ecruteak City
    3 - Rival Battle
    4 - Eusine Theme
    5 - National Park / S.S. Aqua

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Kanto Gym Leader Song.
    For some reason, I also really, really love the Cerulean City theme.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    So I love all Pokemon Soundtracks. In a game where nobody talks, the soundtrack is VERY important. So here are my thoughts on the music.

Azalea Town: This was my favorite song in G/S/C. I even have the 8-bit as my ringtone! But the remake made me very dissapointed... It seemed too sweet and bubbly like a pop song.

National Park: This is my new "Azalea Town" song as for HGSS. I am going to sound really stupid, but that song made me cry... *whew* NOSTALGIA SEIZURE!!

Dark Cave: My favorite "Destination" songs in Gen II. I love how much Koolboyman used it in Prism. The remake was perfect.

Ruins of Alph Theme: OH GOD JUST MAKE IT SHUT UP!! I was SICK of it being in every cave possible! I really would've liked it if they replaced some of the caves songs with Dark Cave music instead.

Saffron City/Viridian City/Pewter City: I liked it. It sounded like elevator music.

Viridian Forest: Without a doubt my favorite song in HGSS. I know this sounds weird, but it was a beautiful song. Nostalgic without making me cry. I loved the screengrabs of Pikachu's hiding around. Very fun, enjoyable, and fitting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Viridian Forest: Without a doubt my favorite song in HGSS. I know this sounds weird, but it was a beautiful song. Nostalgic without making me cry. I loved the screengrabs of Pikachu's hiding around. Very fun, enjoyable, and fitting.

That's my favorite too! ^^

Ballzie

Get your hand off my Pokéballs
    Years
    I really like Ho-Oh's battle theme. It was awesome. Also, I liked the Rival's theme.

Ho-Oh's battle theme music was my favorite in the game. That was the first legend that I was really excited about catching ... it kind of felt epic with the ritual dance and everything. Cheesy, but epic at the same time. ^^

Years
    I am loving Lavender Town's track atm. :3

I love that song and Viridian Forest too. At the first moments of the music, you think its a sad music, and in the next moments its a happy melody. Route 29 and 1 are also nostalgic. Some people hate it, but I also like Cinnabar music. It's also good to hear Hoenn and Sinnoh Sound at the radio ^^

Back