• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ice, Ghost and Fire types!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlemen

Let's fight like...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2010
    You cannot be serious. Ice is one of the strongest offensive types in the game, considering they crush dragon, grass, ground, flying, etc. Go battle against a Life orbed Weavile, or Mamoswine. and watch how they will rip teams apart with proper usage
    Anything with a flamethrower and faster = ko for these two. Or a grass type with high defenses for mamoswine (Tangelas evo?) A Typhlosion can beat these two (if it is faster than mamoswine which he normally is) or A rapidash, Lapras...I could go on and on That or mach punch from a fighting type. They are great because of the dragon pwn they can dish but once dragons stop being weak against ice...(4x anyway) Ice pokemon will fail miserably.

I agree with you however that we NEED more Fire types.

A great concept Ice/Fire but it comes with a 4x Rock weakness...

Whater

Unhatchable Egg
    Years
    I personally think that we need more Ghost types :) But not just any kind, one like Rotom. An 'out of the ordinary' type. That would be amazing :)

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
    I'd say Fire types and Ghosts are in need of some more. Ice... Eh, I'd say the current rate is fine for them.

What I'd like to see is an Unknown type pokemon. Resists nothing, and nothing is super against it.

The Red Chain

Lapras is okay.. it's not that bulky. The only thing bulky about it is it's HP.

Ice is pretty much the greatest offensive type there is. They can hit almost everything that is annoying in the metagame.. Dragon, Flying, Ground, Grass. This being the case, more of them would be very awesome, and yet irritating all at once. Awesome if you're the one using them, pain in the butt when you're the one getting swept. D': Something other than Abomasnow with perma-hail would be terrific as well. <3

I want more good fire types. We don't have many that are very useful in the metagame. ;~;

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I agree that we need more fire types, but not useless ones.

So many fire-types are overlooked because of poor stat placement, Pokes like Arcanine for example with its highest stats being attack and special attack are rather pointless in my opinion.

I want a fire type with high speed and attack/special, not some pokemon with slightly above average attack and special attack while having average stats everywhere else. (Although this is less of an issue now days due to the split, but this happens to fire-types a lot and you end up with few usable ones)

A fire ghost pokemon should be do-able, a flame spirit that burnt to death (Maybe more 6 year old friendly :)), give it levitate too, there a use-able fire pokemon, yay!

Edit. Make Pidgeot stronger :P

Last edited:

The Red Chain

A fire ghost pokemon should be do-able, a flame spirit that burnt to death (Maybe more 6 year old friendly :)), give it levitate too, there a use-able fire pokemon, yay!
    Will-o'-the-wisp based Pokemon anyone? :D
    I actually second that idea.. Fire/Ghost would be one interesting combo.
    They already did Fire/Psychic, so it shouldn't be too odd of a type combo. :3

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    lets see..... i think fire ghost could be pretty cool....
    i think a few ice types r ok as some are already strong *looks at a weavile*
    ive wanted more ghosts since i like ghosts but i think games need some fire!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back