• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ice Weakness 2X

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
  • If this is familiar, it's because I posted this before, but didn't get much help. I'm not sure if this is double posting (since it's a new thread), but if it is, won't happen again.

I'm looking at my team, feeling proud, but I see a major weakness to Ice. Now I'm not so confident. Here they are, with movesets.

Disrupter/Reflector
    Noctowl-Light Clay
    Nature: Modest
    Hypnosis
    Reflect
    Whirlwind
    Air Slash

Meh, I like Noctowl. And I figure that with Stealth Rock, it's Whirlwind could be useful. And Reflect is alway's helpful.

Clergy
    Vileplume-Black Sludge
    Nature: Calm
    Sludge Bomb
    Energy Ball
    Aromatherapy
    Stun Spore/Toxic (Most likely Toxic)

Vileplume's my favorite. It isn't going anywhere. Besides, as said before, it could be a good cleric.

Physical Tank
    Golem-Hard Rock
    Nature: Brave
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Stealth Rock
    Rock Polish/Sandstorm/Swords Dance

I'm really not so confident in Golem, but, still, I like to battle with those I use in the game. A replacement (Other than Rhyperior) would also be nice.

Special Sweeper
    Raichu-???
    Nature: Modest
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Nasty Plot
    Brick Break

I feel I did good on Raichu. With Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, and Thunderbolt, I figure it could really help. Brick Break I feel should be replaced, but I'm not sure with what.

Physical Sweeper
    Gyarados-???
    Nature: Adament
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall
    Dragon Dance

Sampson said I did good with this moveset, so I keep it. If one has something better, great.

Main Defensive Wall/Sweeper
    Torterra-???
    Nature: Impish
    Wood Hammer
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Synthesis/Leech Seed

Torterra I am very proud of. Now, I feel that it should have a healing move, but should it be disruptive, or just pure healing? With all this Tyranitar and it's damn Sandstream, maybe Synthesis won't be as good, but still...

And for my backup-

Special Sweeper
    Roserade: Heat Rock/Damp Stone
    Nature: Timid
    Rian Dance/Sunny Day
    Weather Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    ???(Some grass move, maybe Solar Beam?)

Like I said, I like using Poke's from my game. I also don't feel like breeding for Leaf Storm, so if their's another suggestion, then that'll be great.

If anyone can suggest better movesets, or even replacements for one of my pokemon to help deal with Ice types, then that would be perfect. But Torterra, Vileplume, and Raichu I'm not getting rid of. Thank you very much.

SORRY. MADE A MISTAKE AND POSTED TWICE. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE THIS. THE OTHER ICE WEAKNESS 2X POST IS THE ONE I MADE UPDATES TOO. IF ANYONE (LIKE AN ADMIN) COULD DELETE THIS, THANKS.

SO IGNORE THIS ONE PLEASE, BECAUSE THE OTHER ONE IS THE REAL THREAD. AGAIN, SORRY

Last edited:

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
  • Well, the main problem with your team is that there isn't a single fire move in there. If you had at least two pokemon that know Flamethrower, you would be pretty well off.

As for your Golem, I would suggest switching it with Tyranitar. Tyranitar only has double weakness to fighting as opposed to Golem's three double weaknesses against grass, water and ice.

sims796

Years
  • Thank you very much. I looked up Tyranitar on Serebii, and I feel in love with it's stats. However, while I'm normally good at movesets, I can't really seem to think of a good opn for Tyranitar. Here's what I was thinking:

Tyranitar
    Nature: Adament
    Fire Fang
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    ???

You said someone needs a fire move, so I put Fire Fang. But I can't think of another move.

If anyone can help me out, it would be most appreciated, even with the other pokemon on my team.

Tommy

Crazy Diamond
    Years
  • If you want to be an all out attacker, go with the above w/ Earthquake.

Crunch
    Fire Fang
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge.

Tommy

Crazy Diamond
    Years
  • Ditch Crunch if you want Stealth Rock, ideally. Although it is physical STAB, Earthquake/Stone Edge hits every single type for neutral damage or more.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    check my trainer card... all weak to ice, eh? well too bad most of them kno fireblast/firefang, and they have unstoppable speed. My teams vunerable to ice... but not if i kill them first. yah got what i posted?

sims796

Years
  • I didn't see it like that. You're right, but at least you have a fire type. The only ones who could learn a fire type move is Tyranitar (Fire Fang, Flamethrower) and Roserade (Weather Ball + Sunny Day). My Gyarados can learn Flamethrower, but whats the point? He can barely use it. Should I teach Tyranitar Flamethrower over Fire Fang? It's special isn't low at all. Or should I keep Fire Fang, since it is far superior in terms of attack?

Back