• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Id est damnum innocentiae

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    That's no problem, there are 2 others who are on a sort of back up list. :)

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! you are Accepted, if there is any pokemon items you would like to have, be sure to do that now. :) It's interesting that you chose first person. Of course this still works in an RP though. And ooo a perfectionist :O He'll soon learn in no time. XD You might also want to add a bit of history in terms of when martial law was enacted. :)

We need more girls (just one so far! :P).

Idk when I'll have my SU up though, I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few days, but will at least be periodically on to accept SUs and such. So hopefully by Monday I will have my own SU up and have started the RP. I also hope that the OOC thread will be accepted around that time as well. :)

[S-HIGHLIGHT]EDIT: also in terms of coming across legendaries, this will generally be a rare occurrence that I will introduce myself at the beginning of the day's challenge post things. Plus don't expect catching them to be a cake walk[/S-HIGHLIGHT] :P

So when it comes to RPing, please don't say that your character just happened to come across Dialga (or some other legendary). But I don't mind that happening for regular pokemon (again, if it is realistic).

Will there be a challenge each day, like real days?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It doesn't have to be every day. Some challenges might take more than one day. If that is the case, you can instead fill your post/day with things like catching pokemon, fighitng off wild pokemon and something like that. It shouldn't go too slow I think. Plus you can always mention something like riding a pokemon to make things go by faster.

If you think though that your post is too short, interacting with your pokemon is always a good bonus.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Name: Phoenix Vant

Personality: Phoenix Vant is, to say the least, a happy, relaxed person. Despite Phoenix's being neglected by his parents during his life, he is very happy most of the time. Pokémon are one of the things that keep him happy, just the sight of Pokémon gives him joy, being neglected all of the time, Pokémon were his main source of happiness. There isn't just one side to his personality of course, he also can be angry at humans, he usually is very social and warms up to new people, however when he sees abuse to Pokémon he's filled with rage and will most likely take physical action, he'll assault the person abusing their Pokémon, and attempt to release the Pokémon into the wild. Phoenix, even when he doesn't catch Pokémon, will befriend them and they sometimes end up following him around for a while. Because of his time spent around them, he has deep understanding for Pokémon. Phoenix also has many human friends because of his kind nature.

Phoenix is very laid-back, he often times, to get away from business and the city, climbs a mountain and lies on the top, taking in the sun. He has many likes and fewer dislikes, his favorite activity, second only to being with Pokémon, is to climb. He has a great joy of being outdoors and in nature. The climbing that he does isn't like hiking, he climbs sheer rock faces, whether it be 90 degrees, or inverted he'll climb it. He uses a pair of metal stakes to climb. He also likes to climb trees. Anything that will get him away from walking.

Appearance: Phoenix has tangled, untamable hair, his hair is jet black and couldn't, even in light, be mistaken for brown. He stands at 5 feet and 4 inches, average for his age, and has a, slightly more so than not, muscular build from rock climbing all the time. His eyes are a dull blue, similar to the color of the sky. His eyes are rounded and neither thin or wide. He, however joyous, a determined gaze that can often times be mistaken for cold and demanding. His nose is on the smaller side that slopes neither up or down , it is parallel to the ground. He has a face with an average chin and cheek bones that go to around the eyes. His skin is neither tan nor pasty, however when it's summer his skin is a little bit lighter than a Hawaiian tan.

At all times Phoenix will carry a blue bag lined with the occasional white pocket, like the side pockets. He wears a gray hoodie with nothing on it that has a zipper down the middle for when the whether gets warm, he will put his hoodie in his bag if it gets too warm. Even though he wears the hoodie he never puts up the hood. Beneath the hoodie is a brilliant blue shirt with sleeves that go to the elbows. He wears black soccer shorts that go just beneath knee length so that he can move more freely than if he were to wear jeans. His sneakers are white, he often hides the laces so that as he climbs they won't get caught on a branch or what have you. He wears average clothes to say the least.
    History: Phoenix, since his childhood has been a Pokémon trainer because his parents neglect him.

Pokemon: (up to 6 of course, additional info on your pokemon is optional)

Preferred starting location number: 1-6 (7 and 8 may be used as well; see attached map below for details)

Bag: (What's in your bag? Be realistic here. These will be finite resources. Make sure to include things that will ensure your survival, if not then those consequences you may encounter when RPing - just think of what "Lord of the Flies" did to the boys).

Sorry, I'll finish tommorow but i'm in a time crunch at the time. Tell what needs to be changed.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    No worries, I'm giving everyone till about Monday to put it up (though there is at least one person maybe still wanting to get in, in the event someone doesn't post an SU by then).

But yep history, pokemon, preferred starting location # and bad, as well as RP sample are the only things missing for now.

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
  • Ah, the lack of girls is a little annoying >.> I wanted to play a boy character, but now I'm not sure if I should switch their gender.

EDIT: All done!

Name: Osric "Oz" Grayson

Personality: Oz is the most cheerful person you will ever meet. With an ever-present smile on his face he goes through his troubles with boundless energy. There's rarely a time when he'll say no, and dislikes (but doesn't hate!) debates and arguments because he believes both sides have equally valid points. He's incredibly naive for one his age, blindly believing everyone has good intentions regardless of what they do (Murder? "Oh, the other person must've been in pain so they put them out of their misery!") He's excessively friendly to everyone he knows, whether they're childhood buddies or they just passed him in the street. He's also a little... awkward with social taboos, as growing up in a hot spring made him comfortable with the human body (So don't be repulsed if he wanders into an occupied place after having a shower). He finds fun in everything he does. Oz can't really grasp romantic concepts, so whenever a girl would show interest in him he would be totally oblivious and plain ol' friendly. He has virtually no temper and doesn't get annoyed easily (it has also been a point of contention amongst his peers about what he'd be like if he ever got sufficiently pissed; the most dominant answer is that he's get Hulk-like insane).

Oz has quite a love for the outdoors and isn't a fan of staying inside, watching TV. As such, he feels at his best when it is sunny out and he can go play. He's a rather strong swimmer for someone who lived near a desert due to his parents' business with the hotsprings- he actually watched over any little kids splashing about. Overall, Oz is a cheerful, dedicated boy, but tends to be too comfortable with everything for his own good.

Appearance: Oz stands at a decent 5'3", with a slim, puberty-wrought build. As a thirteen-year-old spots have begun appearing all over his face, particularly on the nose (but he hides these with a strategically placed bandaid). His skin is a medium tan from being outdoors so much, and his dark brown hair has been tinted slightly golden from the sun. He generally slicks his hair back, but the stubborn stuff still puffs out at the back and two bangs hang in front of his eyes. His eyes are a light hazel and large, displaying his naive innocence. His mouth is large and always smiling, displaying two rows of slightly yellowed teeth. His shoulders are thin and his arms and legs somewhat too long for his body. He doesn't have a lot of muscle but is quite fit.

Oz wears a red and orange singlet mostly (red predominantly, but with an orange band around the bottom), but keeps a hooded jumper tied around his waist. The jumper is black and has a white X on the front. He wears denim shorts that go to halfway down his shin, and sturdy work boots on his feet. His socks are thick, the kind that's made to soak up sweat. He keeps his pair of polarized go-goggles around his neck (if he keeps it on his head, he gets a headache.) He has a tan satchel that he wears over one shoulder, with the popular half-Pokeball symbol in black on the front.

History: The main thing to note of his past is that his parents ran the Lavaridge Hot Springs. Yup, the one behind the Pokemon Centre was maintained by the Grayson family. They didn't charge entrance, but they did have donation boxes- to which the populace generously gave. As such, Oz grew up rather comfortably. He spent most of his time at the hotsprings, cleaning, helping lost children, cheerfully berating perverts, etcetera.

When he was eight and raking some of the thermal sand, he hit something rather solid. Upon inspection, he found it was a Pokemon egg, left there by someone or something. He put it in the lost property room for a while, but since no one claimed it he took it for himself. He looked after the egg ridiculously- he'd take it into the pools, he'd sleep with it, and other odd acts. Eventually, after a month, it hatched into a male Cyndaquil. Oz was overjoyed, and his parents even allowed him to keep it!

Four years passed and Oz was growing restless. Though he loved the hotsprings, he just wanted to get out and explore the world! After his parents found a few extra employees to make up for his absence and sent him off with good wishes. He spent some time in the desert and caught two more Pokemon there, a Sandshrew and a Trapinch. Again, his wanderlust took control and he went off to pastures new. He didn't feel like becoming a League hopeful, he felt that he'd deprive other trainers the chance! So he passed through Mauville (found the game corner to be headache-inducing), caught a boat over to near Fortree, trekked over to near Lilycove, participated in the Safari game (and caught a Doduo while he was at it)...

And then the announcement happened. Suddenly, he was put in a foster home in Lilycove and wasn't allowed to do anything fun. His carers, for that time, were nice but incredibly paranoid. He asked to see his real parents but they refused due to the apparent danger they were in. And so six months passed sluggishly, Oz forced into school again, not being allowed to go outside to play, terribly homesick... but one night, he heard a voice deep within his mind...

Pokemon:
    Quilava [Male, Lv 31] Quilava was Oz's first Pokemon and is extremely attached to the boy. He's quite mellow and calm, and likes to drape around Oz's neck sometimes. He's not too much of a fighter, but prefers to use more ranged attacks in battle.
    Dodrio [Male, but Oz can't tell, Lv 31] Dodrio is Oz's newest Pokemon, and quite stoic and hardy. He tends to not show too much emotion but cares deeply for the boy. He has a bit of a rage problem but Oz hasn't experienced this yet.
    Sandslash [Female, Lv 29] Sandlash is rather timid. There's nothing more she wants to do in battle than curl up into a little ball and roll away. However, Oz has turned this into one of her best attacks- rollout.
    Trapinch [Male, Lv 30] Trapinch is quiet, contemplative. He likes to think things through. Of course, when that doesn't work, he just goes and clamps his huge jaws around it and doesn't let go.

Preferred starting location number: 5

Bag: He bought most of his stuff from a camping shop in the Department Store. It was a really big camping shop and he just bought everything he could.

3 x Bottles of Sunscreen
    1 x Space Blanket
    1 x Sleeping Bag
    1 x Popup Tent
    3 x Plastic Poncho
    2 x Polyester tarp
    1 x 10m Rope
    5 x 3m Rope
    5 x 1m Rope
    2 x Bug repellant
    1 x First Aid Kit
    3 x Toilet Paper Rolls
    3 x Lip Balm
    1 x Large Bottle of Tea Tree Oil
    1 x Packet of Paracetamol tablets
    3 x Toothpaste
    1 x Toothbrush
    5 x 2L Water Bottle
    1 x Pot
    1 x Pan
    3 x Waterproof Matches
    3 x Tinder
    1 x 1kg Salt Bottle
    1 x Loaf of Bread
    5 x Baked Beans
    5 x Tin Spaghetti
    1 x Can Opener
    1 x Handline with hook and sinker
    1 x Hand-charged torch
    1 x Swiss Army Knife (with fork)
    1 x Small Whetstone
    1 x Folding Saw
    1 x Roll of Aluminium
    1 x Heavy Duty Sewing Kit (with 8 spools of thread and 10 needles)
    2 x Change of clothes (all the same as his usual outfit)
    1 x Sunhat
    1 x Beanie
    5 x Pairs of socks
    8 x Potions
    8 x Super Potions
    8 x Full Heals
    8 x Revives
    1 x Swag backpack, to keep it all in.

All this is too heavy for him to carry, so he ties this swag to his Dodrio and wanders around with it out of its Pokeball.

On his person or in his satchel, he has:

3 x 250g Chocolate bars
    5 x Packets of gum
    1 x Thermos of coffee
    3 x Small Energy Drinks
    1 x 600mL Bottle of Water
    1 x Machete
    1 x Polarised Goggles
    1 x Berry Holder
    10 x Oran, Sitrus, Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Lum berries (90 total berries)
    5 x Pokeballs
    5 x Greatballs
    2 x Ultraballs

RP sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    New Age Retro Hippie you areAccepted

I liked how at the very end his caregiver was all "Just make sure you don't die!".

And now we are just waiting for Monochrome, pokemongarnet, namora and myself for SUs. Which by Monday will hopefully be up. I'd also like to start it on Monday (and I do know some people will be away).

EDIT:

Also, for the two extra starting locations:

9. This person will be starting INSIDE the cave, so you will wake up to the dark. You will be closest to the entrance to the west (as opposed to the eastern one).

10. This person will be starting at the second fork in the river (the one NE of the power plant).

I've updated the picture, so you can have an idea where.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, would it be okay if I changed some of my supplies, and specified what 'cooking stuff' and 'first aid kit' had in them?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yep, I don't see why not. Once we have our OoC thread and everyone's finish their profiles, I'll copy and paste each individual profile into the main thread, so it is there for easier access, and it shows which person has what, so I can keep tabs that someone isn't using supplies they don't or no longer have. XD (it's fun to have a challenge!)

So here's my profile, I feel that I wrote it kind of quickly though, so if you guys find any fault with it or something, be sure to point it out to me, thanks. :)

-----------

Name: "Dragon"

Personality: Dragon has always been stubborn and persistent. When he sees something he wants, he must have it. He has a good visual memory (while undeveloped), and otherwise very observant. He is not a people person that much; he would rather avoid having to talk with someone he did not know. Of course however, within his own group, he talks with them a lot, always scheming on new stake outs for food or supplies. Often times however, he is more talk than actions, making him a bit laid back. He will however follow what their leader has to say, as he knows it is for the better of their group as a whole.

He will not lie to his friends, and respects them a lot. While still selfish and naive for his age, he does at least care for his own group, but cares for no one else. His friends are like his brothers and sisters, so he would do anything to protect them.

Appearance: First and foremost, Dragon is a skinny kid (despite his nick name). Mostly due to malnourishment, it looks as though Dragon gets by with the minimum. This does not however diminish his running ability as he is quite fast. At the age of 10 as well, he is 80 lbs and 4'8". He gets reminded of this a lot by his friends.

He has long brown hair, and blue eyes. His white complexion is always filled with dirt. He'll usually be seen wearing his favourite long shorts and a light hoodie, the shorts being a beige colour, and the hoodie being an aquamarine colour. These items don't get washed as much as they should be though, and at times can be quite dirty.

History: Dragon has always known life on the streets, he has never had a proper family, and he doesn't even know his own real name. He has just been told by his group leader, Normal, that he was found abandoned next to the local grocery store on Cinnabar Island. The group of kids he was with, were orphans or runaways, mostly due to the volcano eruption. Thus for his whole life, he has been living in the abandoned mansion, among the other pokemon (though not being bothered by them). He acquired his name by all the other kids in his group, that is to say, they're all named after different pokemon types. It was also used as code for those who did know their real names.

Dragon had never thought of joining a foster home, and feels that his family is truly with the other kids, and would hate to be taken away. Though even by the island's standards, who were still recovering from the eruption, they were of little concern to begin with. Thus he avoids the police and any sort of hub bub that might occur in or around the abandoned mansion. A few of his friends in the past have been caught, and probably taken into foster homes, but Dragon never heard from them again. Otherwise they were never seen nor heard.

The mansion itself had its commodities, so it wasn't like they were without nothing, but they did have to steal often, such as food, clothing and other commodities. Because of this, he has become pretty agile. He doesn't feel guilty at all in doing so, for him, it was just a part of life. He and some other kids would also find time to go swimming in the ocean, so he wasn't a bad swimmer either. After all, even kids have to have fun sometimes.

As he got older, he began to wish he could go to school, like other kids his age, so Normal took it upon himself to teach Dragon and others, how to read and write. It took an unnecessarily long time, but for the most part, Dragon had a basic knowledge.

About 2 years before he turned 10, something rare occurred. The kids knew about the resurrection lab, but they never bothered with it. One day when Dragon was out on an errand tasked by Normal, he saw a pokemon flying through the air. And as though something had hit it, it plummeted down, crashing into the ocean. Dragon knew the area it had crashed in, it wasn't that deep, and there was a sand bar, so with his visual acuity, he dived into the water and went looking. Seeing the pokemon, he was able to recover it and bring it to the shore. He didn't know what type of pokemon it was, he only knew a few, but he did think it best for Normal to help look after him. When he laid it down on some blankets, he noticed a sort of shock collar around its neck, as though that setting it off, is what made the Pokemon fall. Dragon didn't know what went on in that lab, but he wasn't too sure he wanted to find out.

Once Normal was informed about what had happened. He immediately came to Dragon's aid. Normal, like any other sane person, went out of his way to do what he could for the pokemon. To avoid being caught with a pokemon that wasn't theirs, they first removed the collar, then they successfully absorbed it into an ultra ball. They decided to do this, so that the nurse wouldn't see or know what pokemon it was. Heck even Normal didn't know the pokemon, they were trying to save.

Thus they were able to successfully heal the poor pokemon. It wasn't their idea, but another of the kids, Lightning, decided to steal someone's pokedex so as to be able to identify the pokemon. While Normal wasn't happy about what Lightning did, they nevertheless utilized it, thinking to return it to the Pokemon center's lost and found later on. At the same time, Dragon, with his visual memory, memorized as much as he could, in terms of information found in the pokedex. It appeared to be one that belonged to the pokemon centre, so it had all the latest information about the 500 or so discovered Pokemon. They did in fact return it after a few days, without getting caught.

They were able then, to identify it as a male Aerodactyl. To which they named Snap, because of his tendency to bite things. The unfortunate part of it was that, it appeared to be a Pokemon that was already highly trained, thus it was quite unruly, and refused to listen to any of them. Though at times, it seemed to have a soft spot for Dragon, if he uses a stern enough voice, or if there is food involved.

Time moved on, and Snap became an important pokemon for them, in stealing things, and generally helping them. Even Dragon was surprised on how long they were able to evade the public. And while still unruly, Snap had spurred something in Dragon, he wanted to become a trainer, but he knew it wasn't an easy task. Some days, he would just watch the people come in and out of Blaine's fire gym, and wished he could do the same. He wished he could be able to train Snap properly and not have him misbehave so much... as though he wanted to prove something to himself as well.

The kids were never ones to watch the news, but even they couldn't avoid some strange rumour about the world ending. Fire, another kid, took it upon herself to nick newspapers to figure out what was going on. They had found out that some translated thing was predicting the end of the world, and that only a chosen select few could save it, selected by someone called the Harbinger. To their dismay however, the populace didn't take the this news too well. They found out that martial law had been passed, and that there were police patrols out at night, told to shoot to kill if they saw anything suspicious.

This made the kids' lives much more intolerable, they could not go out at night at risk of getting caught, and they even had to make extra effort to hide Snap. One night, one of the younger kids was having a fever. Fire knew that medication was dire, and while Normal agreed, he was still uneasy about letting her get the medication from the store. She persisted however, and Normal caved in. All the kids uneasily waited in earnest for her return, and yet it seemed to take forever. Then the worst thing happened, they all heard it, the sound of a gun being fired. They never saw Fire again. With what little money they had though, they relegated to just buying the drugs. This saved the kid, but that meant they no longer had money for other things.

Dragon's whole family was uneased by all this, and just wanted it to go away, to end. Little did he know it would too, involve him.

Pokemon: Aerodactyl (Male), approximately at level 65. Nickname: Snap.

While this is a powerful pokemon, none of the kids are able to fully take control of him. Snap is unruly and untrained, it often does what it pleases and doesn't listen. However, it knows the importance that the kids are doing, so when it feels like it, it will help them with their tasks. He too cares for them as they have cared for him. It is unknown to Dragon as to what it was doing before he found it, but among other things, he had found out that Snap was able to use Dragon pulse, as well as fire blast. Dragon and crew have been pretty fortunate that Snap didn't... well, snap and decide to burn the whole town down.

Preferred starting location number: 9

Bag: (pretty much all these items were stolen)

- 1 biffy sack (tent + sleeping bag combo)
    - 1 change of clothes
    - 1 Extra pair of socks and underwear
    - 1 rain coat and rain pants
    - 1 astronaut blanket
    - 1 thermal blanket
    - 4 rolls of toilet paper
    - 2 bars of soap
    - 1 two litre jug, full of water
    - 10 packets of freeze dried food
    - 1 flashlight
    - 1 cooking stove with foldable pot
    - 10 ultra balls
    - 10 full restores
    - 10 max repels
    - 1 pokemon beginner trainer's guide
    - 1 pocket knife
    - 1 first aid kit
    - 1 large bag of pokemon food

RP sample: (I realize I don't need one, but it's fun back story stuff anyway)

"Normal... When can we go out again, I'm starving..." This time it was Ice complaining.

"I don't know," Normal responded.

Dragon wasn't paying attention, this sort of argument occurred on a regular basis when curfew for the town started. It also sent shivers down his back, as it also reminded him of Fire. He merely did what he was told to do now, there was no point in worrying if nothing could be done.

"I'd be a bit more assured if you went along with someone, in fact – hey Dragon, you haven't been out for a while, how about you take Ice here with you," Normal called.

"I suppose I could..." He responded.

So he and Ice set out towards the grocery store, it actually surprised Dragon, that while it was an older couple running the store, that they did not seem to miss any of the stock. Then again, it's not like the kids were taking all that much anyway, making it less suspicious. What surprised Dragon even more, even at unease, was that they did not see any patrols. Ice and Dragon headed through their usual small opening, and immediately found their way into the shop. Suddenly, Dragon heard something:

You have been selected to represent humanity. You have one day to prepare all that you wish to bring.

"What did you say?" Dragon asked, questioning Ice.

"I didn't say anything, and shut up, just take what we need and go."

For his and Ice's safety, he didn't say anything, but his lips trembled like he wanted to explode with questions, as he "listened" to whatever it was the thing in his head had to say.

For the next year, you will prove yourself... Failure to do so, will result in the extinction of the human race, and all those you love.
    Be warned, this journey will not be easy ,and if you are to persevere with the challenges ahead, you will be cause to my appearance, do well and humanity survives.
    I as the Harbinger, will be watching.
    Be prepared at this time tomorrow...

It was not until they got back into their hideout in the mansion that when he dumped the food on a counter that he cried out.

"Crap crap crap crap..." he said, now not able to contain himself.

"What's the matter Dragon?" One of the kids called.

"Uhh okay, you know all those newspapers that Fire- that, well that she was collecting?"

"About the end of the world and the chosen people to save it?" One questioned back.

"Yeah... Well... I think I was just selected," Dragon finally said.

"What? Really? Are you sure? How do you know?" Now Normal was concerned.

"I... uh, heard it in my head, it sounded so real, and I don't think a human could do that."

"Wow... so what did it say?" Normal asked, now intrigued.

"Well it said I have one year to prove to him to keep us all alive, us like as in everyone in the world. And that I had one day to prepare."

"Well then," Normal said resolutely, "We'll just have to help you prepare. Well get 3 of us to go to the outdoor shop, man I haven't been there in ages, I can barely remember where to get in no problem."

"Should- should I take Snap with me as well?" Dragon hestentially asked, seeing as he felt Snap to be everyone's friend, not just his own.

"You're the one who found and saved him man, I think he belongs to you, now let's get going, we'll make sure to get the best supplies!" And with that Normal set off with Dragon right behind him, his journey about to start.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It's advisable to carry some (at least initially), but you can later RP stuff like finding raspberries (and pokemon berries), or genearlly other fruits and veggies accustomed to the current location you're in. That is to say too, you can use your pokemon to hunt other pokemon (ekans does eat pidgey eggs). I'm anticipating that people will also go after a Taurus or something to eat that as well. XD

Years
  • Okay, another question. Will we be able to find items like Potions, TMs, Rare Candies, Pokeballs, etc. somewhere? (Sorry if I'm asking to many questions)

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Name: Phoenix Vant

Personality: Phoenix Vant is, to say the least, a happy, relaxed person. Despite Phoenix's being neglected by his parents during his life, he is very happy most of the time. Pokémon are one of the things that keep him happy, just the sight of Pokémon gives him joy, being neglected all of the time, Pokémon were his main source of happiness. There isn't just one side to his personality of course, he also can be angry at humans, he usually is very social and warms up to new people, however when he sees abuse to Pokémon he's filled with rage and will most likely take physical action, he'll assault the person abusing their Pokémon, and attempt to release the Pokémon into the wild. Phoenix, even when he doesn't catch Pokémon, will befriend them and they sometimes end up following him around for a while. Because of his time spent around them, he has deep understanding for Pokémon. Phoenix also has many human friends because of his kind nature.

Phoenix is very laid-back, he often times, to get away from business and the city, climbs a mountain and lies on the top, taking in the sun. He has many likes and fewer dislikes, his favorite activity, second only to being with Pokémon, is to climb. He has a great joy of being outdoors and in nature. The climbing that he does isn't like hiking, he climbs sheer rock faces, whether it be 90 degrees, or inverted he'll climb it. He uses a pair of metal stakes to climb. He also likes to climb trees. Anything that will get him away from walking.

Appearance: Phoenix has tangled, untamable hair, his hair is jet black and couldn't, even in light, be mistaken for brown. He stands at 5 feet and 4 inches, average for his age, and has a, slightly more so than not, muscular build from rock climbing all the time. His eyes are a dull blue, similar to the color of the sky. His eyes are rounded and neither thin or wide. He, however joyous, a determined gaze that can often times be mistaken for cold and demanding. His nose is on the smaller side that slopes neither up or down , it is parallel to the ground. He has a face with an average chin and cheek bones that go to around the eyes. His skin is neither tan nor pasty, however when it's summer his skin is a little bit lighter than a Hawaiian tan.

At all times Phoenix will carry a blue bag lined with the occasional white pocket, like the side pockets. He wears a gray hoodie with nothing on it that has a zipper down the middle for when the whether gets warm, he will put his hoodie in his bag if it gets too warm. Even though he wears the hoodie he never puts up the hood. Beneath the hoodie is a brilliant blue shirt with sleeves that go to the elbows. He wears black soccer shorts that go just beneath knee length so that he can move more freely than if he were to wear jeans. His sneakers are white, he often hides the laces so that as he climbs they won't get caught on a branch or what have you. He wears average clothes to say the least.

History: Phoenix, since his childhood, has been a Pokémon trainer because his parents neglect him. Raised in Ecutreak city, he made fast friends with Morty the gym leader there. Morty being his friend, would always play battle with him. Now Phoenix hasn't taken on any other gyms aside from Ecutreak so he has only one badge. Though he doesn't challenge gyms he is still an experienced trainer due to all the training he does.

He has caught all of his Pokémon by befriending them not by battling, and he still hasn't once put his very first Pokémon, Smeargle, in a pokeball. Everyday in the morning, with his Pokémon, he has climbed mount mortar for fun. Mt. Mortar is where he spends most of his time, on the top, waiting, listening, relaxing. He has had a peaceful life until the news of the calendar. Since that time riots have broken out in his town and across Johto. He thought he wouldn't be involved, until a strange letter arrived, on the letter he was told to pack everything he needed to survive and such he did. Why not? At this point he had no reason to stay.

Pokemon:

rojoj.png

Smeargle
    Rojo
    LV. 35
    Nature: Jolly
    He named it Rojo because, unlike most Smeargles, it had red paint on it's tail as opposed to green. He never officially caught his Smeargle, he just one day befriended it and it hasn't left his side since.
    68.png

Machamp
    Arms
    LV. 31
    Nature: Brave
    He met Arms while climbing mount mortar, it was on the top, just punching rocks. At first he was attacked by Arms, but seeing how he meant no harm, befriended him.
    424.png

Ambipom
    Purple
    LV. 28
    Nature: Timid
    He met Ambipom while he was chilling in a tree and, Aipom at the time, was swinging in a nearby tree with it's tails. At the site of him it ran due to his nature, Phoenix chased it all day until he finally caught it.

Preferred starting location number: Any. Surprise me.
    Bag: A gallon of potion formula

A steel box of Saltines
    A jug of water
    A metal sifter (to shake out debris when filling up the water.)
    His metal stakes for climbing
    20 ultraballs
    5 premier balls
    1 pokeball
    1 collapsible tent
    1 sleeping bag
    A collapsible grill
    30 super repels
    A jar of liquid soap
    A large bag of food for his Pokémon
    A roll of gauze
    A rope
    3 rolls of toilet paper
    A jar of revives

RP sample:

According to the voice in his head, Phoenix was supposed to pack up what he needed for survival and leave. He had no reason to stay in his hometown, his parents neglected him, he didn't have much to do and riots were occurring in his town.

Phoenix packed up his belongings, with a trip to a poke mart and went back to his house for one last time. In his room, the messy bed, the white painted walls and the clothes on his wall all gave him no reason to stay.

He set off out into the upstairs hallway where his room was, and as he passed his parents' room he stopped. He thought maybe say goodbye, let someone know where he was going. He ran his fingers through his messy black hair, thinking of what to say. He couldn't possibly say "I love you." Or "By, I'm leaving" for that matter. He managed to say something. "Mom, Dad, I'm out."
    "Shut up Son!" said his father from the other side of the door, His fathers' imperial voice booming through the hall leaving a slight, ringing echo.
    Music to his ears, he expected no more than that and set off out the door.

He went past Ecutreak gym as Morty exploded trough the door.
    "Phoenix?" Phoenix turned.
    "Where are you going this late at night?"
    "I don't know." He said bewildered that he hadn't taken that into account.
    "Then what are you doing?"
    "I can't say I know that either you see I was told by this voice in my head to go to" His words were cut short. He had disappeared by a flash of light, and so his journey begins.

(sorry how short it is.)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    lol... I wonder what his parents were up to O_o XD

anyway pokemongarnet you are accepted. Though just to point out that you mentioned getting a letter about you being selected (I think) so it is a bit confusing.

@grishnax: sorrry my laptop overheated while writing a reply to you. Anyway, you won't get to find items. You might get items from the harbinger a part of the vhallenge, but those items will disappear once the challenge is won or lost.

I might consider the use of TMs as a prize or something. Though idk

2 more days for SUs!

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    DAY 1

Monochrome:

Spoiler:

Grishnax:

Spoiler:

Macaroni:

Spoiler:

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!:

Spoiler:

New Age Retro Hippie:

Spoiler:

RAGECANDYBAR:

Spoiler:

Spikey-Eared Pichu:

Spoiler:

Perfectmonster:

Spoiler:

Feign:

Spoiler:

PokemonGarnet:

Spoiler:

Notes in general:
    • Everyone will get the chance to have some interesting challenges, so don't worry. Everyone will get a chance to meet a legendary, for example. ;)
    • If you want to catch a pokemon, you can write up to the point of throwing the pokeball and it absorbing the pokemon, to which I will mention if you catch it or not. This does not include legendaries though.
    • Remember, feel free to come across the types of pokemon you would find in the type of environment you are in, or ones that are somewhat expected to be there, that make sense anyway.
    • If you feel there is something I forgot to mention, do so here until the OoC thread appears.
    • Another good thing to show is how pokemon will have families too, like in the games, they seem to be by themselves, but you character can come across a family of pokemon too.
    • All pokemon in your area are catchable, unless otherwise mentioned.
    • You don't have to complete a task in a day, you can take longer (especially for those ones where traveling is required).
    • You also don't have to write all your Day 1 post in one post, but in a succession of posts.

Now I think I got everything... This took a bit longer to write then I thought. XD

Also: For the two that are still getting their SUs up, you still have until Monday, I've just decided to put this up early. :)

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Day 1: Part 1
    His mother, Markus, Jasmine, and Professor Oak waving their goodbyes, that's the last thing Ethan saw before the white light of the Harbringer enveloped him. Now, Ethan found himself in the middle of some unknown valley, with a volcano in the distance, and an abundance of wild Pokemon. Ethan got up off the ground and dusted off the front of his clothing. A quick scan of his immediate surroundings and Ethan sighed, "I guess today begins my "job" as Savior, or something, huh, Luno?"
    Ethan's Umbreon, Luno, nodded his head to his Master's question. Luno appeared to be checking the surroundings as well. Ethan smiled, "You always were the quiet one, Luno." Ethan shucked his backpack and checked through the content as to make sure that nothing was lost on his way to this strange world. "Everything seems to be-huh?" Ethan had just now noticed the strange wristwatch device that now replaced his PokeGear, "What's this thing?" Playing with the device, Ethan discovered that it seemed to display a compass when pressing one button, another that said "DENY CHALLENGE", and a third that displayed a message. Ethan read the message:
    Ethan, human with the golden heart and silver soul,
    Your first challenge is to battle against three wild Pokemon using a Pokemon you brought with you, or a wild Pokemon you caught from my world. Once you've made your selection, press the center button and your challenge will begin. The time limit is nonexistent. Choose wisely.
    Alternatively, you can deny the challenge. How this will affect the future of your world, and more importantly, your future, is unclear.
    "Battle three wild Pokemon? That's it? Hahahahahah!" Ethan began to laugh hysterically. Luno sighed and smacked Ethan's ass with an Iron Tail to snap Ethan out of his laugh attack. "OUCH!" Ethan rubbed his ass, "not nice, Luno!" Ethan's Umbreon shot him a look that he interpreted as 'Get serious now'. "Okay, okay, let's see…One Pokemon…Okay then," Ethan reached for the PokeBalls at his waist, "Come on out, everyone!" He grabbed and threw his PokeBalls upward, released his remaining Pokemon in bursts of white light.
    A powerful Meganium, calm Togekiss, timid Poliwhirl, sneaky Magby, and worried Ampahors appeared before Ethan. "Leaf, Valentine, Poli, Spitfire, Amphy, and Luno; my ultimate team…now, the question is: Which of you do I use for this challenge?" He pondered for a long while before deciding, "Poli, I choose you!" Poli was taken aback in shock, Ethan never chose Poli unless he needed to since the Poliwhirl hated battling. "I know you don't like to fight, but I need you, Poli. Your moves are the most diverse I have. Please?" Poli looked to his teammates for support, but they all gave him the same look. The Poliwhirl kicked a pebble with his foot before looking Ethan in the eye and nodding. Ethan patted Poli on the head, "Thanks, buddy. Now," Ethan looked at his enhanced PokeGear and pressed the center button, "Let's get on with it."
    The PokeGear sent a beam of white light towards the sky for a moment before a new message was displayed:
    I see you are not hesitant. That is both a blessing, and a curse, human. Your challenge will commence in a moment. Return you other Pokemon to their PokeBalls.
    Ethan skimmed the message and nodded, "Okay, everyone, you guys need to sit this one out. Poli is the only one allowed to be outside of his PokeBall right now. I'll let you all out after we complete the challenge." Luno and the others nodded and disappeared into their PokeBalls in glows of red light. Ethan sighed and looked to Poli, "You ready, Poli?" The nervous Pokemon looked from side to side before nodding fiercely. Ethan's face tightened with seriousness, "Alright," he pressed the center button on the PokeGear, "Let's begin!"

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
  • OZRIC - DAY ONE, PART ONE

And he was suddenly there. No whoosh, just a brief flicker of white light and he was lying down on some of the softest grass he'd ever felt. The sky was a bright blue, devoid of clouds, and the only noises were the gentle chatter of Pokemon in the distance. "Whoa, this is nice," Oz mumbled softly. All sense of anticipation was gone, and with a yawn he pulled his hands back to cradle his head-

Something solid knocking against his skull brought him back to his senses. Confused, Oz brought his right arm up into his eyesight. Around his wrist was some kind of watch, a little like one of those PokeGear things but less intricate. "Did I buy this?" he wondered as he sat up. Naturally curious, he pressed one of the buttons. A little circle with letters at four points sprung up on the screen, swiveling around until the point labelled "N" was facing upwards and slightly to the left. A compass.

With his next touch of the button, text popped up. "Whazza?" Oz muttered, and peered closer at the small lettering.

Ozric
    Your first challenge is to seek out and successfully capture 5 Taurus. You will be provided with 10 Harbinger Balls. Once they are all captured successfully the challenge will have been passed. In the event you no longer have enough Harbinger balls to capture the 5 Pokemon, the challenge will be counted as a loss. You will not be able to use your own capturing equipment either. There is no time limit, the challenge will be over once the last Harbinger Ball is thrown and used. I will be watching.

"Capture five Taurus, huh?" Oz leapt up with a grin. "Just like the Safari Zone!" Finally looking around at his surroundings, he noticed his insanely oversized backpack hunched over next to him. "Ah, there it is!" He unzipped the swag, and digging through heaps of objects he pulled out a moderately long nylon rope and then plucked a Pokeball off his belt.

"Go! Dodrio!" He tossed the sphere high into the air and watched it land with a soft thunk and open in a blaze of light. There stood a tall, proud-looking bird. Its wings were tiny and curled into its downy side, but its legs were muscular. Its three heads stared at the boy, seemingly devoid of emotion. Oz grinned at his Pokemon. "I told you this yesterday, but in case you didn't hear, listen up. You're the physically strongest and biggest Pokemon I own, and since I'm just a little weakling, I need you to carry this for me." He pointed at the swag. The Dodrio's heads nodded simultaneously, and it walked over next to the bag and crouched down.

Oz really had overdone it with the survival stuff, as he strained for ages trying to lift the pack up only a few feet to place it on the bird's back. But, of course, he remembered with a smile, determination can do anything. And so it did, with him standing proudly next to his Pokemon, his bag tied securely down.

"Alright, I'm ready!" he called into the field, not really expecting an answer. So naturally he was surprised when another burst of light in front of him caused him to topple back a bit. When the brightly coloured spots finally cleared from his eyesight, he saw ten pure white Pokeballs by his feet. He picked them up without a second thought.

"Okay, let's go!"

Years
  • ((OOC: Question, are you controlling the Celebi NPC, or do I have to? Also, does the compass not work either, or does it keep pointing Lucas in the right direction? I'm going to assume it does work, if it doesn't, I'll edit my post. Also also, did you mean for me to go north? Because according to the map, northwards goes off the map from starting location 2. Unless the map is a lot bigger than I originally thought, I don't see how I can go very far north. Maybe I could go south? Or was I not supposed to follow the compass? Sorry for being so nitpicky, but I just feel like it doesn't make sense.))

Lucas: Day 1, Part 1

Lucas looked back at his home, feeling as if he would never see it again. This was his first time away from home, not counting him moving from Johto. He hadn't wanted to say goodbye to his parents, fearing that they would cry, and make him reconsider going. In fact, he was reconsidering even without their help. I might get wounded, Lucas thought, or get badly sick, or even die... Lucas shook his head to get rid of his pessimistic thoughts. Suddenly, a flash of light...

...And Lucas found himself on the ground. It wasn't so much ground, though, as it was a cushion. But when Lucas looked down, he saw that it wasn't a cushion at all, it was just thick vegetation. Lucas suddenly noticed how humid it was, and how thick the vegetation was all around. Suddenly, a Pokemon called out, and was greeted with the calls of many others. Yup, definitely a jungle.

The vegetation looked extremely thick, so thick that Lucas assumed that he would have to cut (or burn) his way through. It would be much easier to burn, but then there might be a forest fire... But then again, it's a jungle, which means everything will be moist, so maybe the fire won't catch at all?... Wait, I'm overthinking things again. Well, I may as well get moving, and see what happens. I can't stay here forev... Wait, what's that on my wrist? At this point Lucas noticed the PokeGear-like device strapped to his wrist.

There was a compass on it, which was already pointing north, and a few other buttons. Lucas pressed one to see what it did, and the compass changed to an objective screen. He looked at it, and scrolled through the message:

[For this first challenge you will be beset into a jungled maze, a psychic pokemon has temporarily obfuscated your sense of direction, and you must seek it out and defeat it in combat, in order to restore the balance of the forest. If you are unable to defeat it, you may try again, however the forest will remain the same until you complete this task. You will not be allowed to capture this pokemon before, during or after battle, doing so will void the challenge's win. The pokemon you must seek out is Celebi. Once defeated it will lead you out to the proper edge of the forest. There is no time limit. You may wish to capture any of these pokemon (except Celebi of course). The Harbinger will be watching.]

Lucas felt dizzy for a moment, but then it passed. However, he couldn't tell left from right, north from south, east from west. Hoping the compass still worked, Lucas pressed the objective/compass switch button. It appeared to still work, thank Arceus. Well, as far as I can tell. I think it's pointing north, but I don't know anymore.

"Come on out, Umbreon." Lucas said, and tossed his Pokeball. Umbrion came out, and glanced around, wondering how he got in a jungle suddenly. "Don't worry Umbreon, I'm here." Lucas said to Umbreon, who was beginning to feel a bit nervous. Lucas began to rummage through his pack, while saying to Umbreon, "I'm going to need your help, Umbreon. I want you to help me cut through the vegetation, and I can't use Growlithe because he might burn something. So can you help me? Aha!" Lucas pulled out his survival knife and looked back at Umbreon. Umbreon hesitantly nodded, and went up and rubbed against Lucas' legs. "I knew I could count on you, Umbreon." Lucas said to Umbreon. And with that, they began trudging northward.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Day 1: Part 2
    The first opponent appeared in a flash of white light after Ethan pressed the button. Ethan and Poli were slightly taken aback, as about 20 ft. away, was a crystal-like doppelganger of Ethan holding a PokeBall. "Is this…?" Ethan mumbled, struggling to grapple with the image before him.
    "Possible?" The clone answered. Its voice was like Ethan's, but slightly more…clear. "I am your opponent. The Harbringer has crafted me from your data to challenge you. Now, let us begin!" The clone Ethan threw up the crystal Pokeball and it released a waterfall of crystal blue light. When the light vanished, there, before Ethan and Poli, stood a hulking Electrivire, electric spurts traveling over its body.
    "This is unbelievable," Ethan murmured. Poli trembled slightly. Ethan balled his hands into fists and shouted, "Poli! Go, use Hypnosis!" Poli immediately responded and launched a Hypnosis attack! The crystalline Electrivire dodged to its left and dropped to its knee. "What?! But, you didn't command it to dodge!"
    The crystal Ethan smirked, "I don't have to. The Harbringer created me as a medium to watch you, and to create the Pokemon." Ethan grimaced.
    "Poli, use Hydro Pump!" Poli launched a powerful jet stream of water which hit the Electrivire head on, "Yeah!" The foe Electrivire fumbled backwards, the Hydro Pump obviously causing damage. "Okay, follow up with Double Slap!" Poli ran forward with astonishing speed and began pounding Electrivire continuously. However, Poli didn't notice the two tails snaking behind him and was shocked by a Thunderbolt! "Poli!" Ethan cried out. The Electrivire grabbed the still shocked Poliwhirl in its left arm and unleashed a Dynamic Punch with its right. Poli flew back and landed on the ground before Ethan. "Poli! No!" Ethan knelt before Poli and checked to see how he was doing, "What?" Ethan noticed Poli's eyes were tightly closed and his fists were closed tightly, "Could he be using?" But, before Ethan could find out, he was knocked backwards by a powerful energy. It was a Focus Blast attack launched by Electrivire. Ethan struggled to his feet and felt a sharp pain in his right leg, "Agh!" Ethan's right leg had been cut deeply from a jagged rock that flew up in debris from the Focus Blast attack. "Damn it! Poli!" Poli looked to his Trainer in worry, struggling to control the pent-up Bide, "Do it! Finish the job, Bide!"
    Poli nodded and lept forward, attaching himself to Electrivire. The giant Electric-type roared, but its bellow was engulfed by the sound of Poli's held energy being released. The clone Ethan stepped back in shock, "What?! This isn't possible!" The energy was white and blinding. When it finally dissolved, Poli was down on one knee besides a fainted Electrivire. Ethan struggled to get into a sitting position, a strained smile on his face, "Good job, buddy!" Poli immediately ran over to his Trainer, obviously worried about Ethan's wound. "Don't worry, Poli, I'll be fine," he reassured the Poliwhirl by patting his large, blue head, "Now, we have to continue the challenge."
    The Electrivire disappeared in a shower of crystal light, leaving the clone Ethan staring at the real Ethan with utter astonishment, "You…you defeated the Electrivire…How's this possible?!" The clone crumpled to the floor and cried out in agony, "AGHHHHHH!!!! NO HARBRINGER PLEASE!!!!!! AGHHHHHH!!!!!"
    "What the hell?!" Ethan got up, ignoring his injury and ran towards the clone, who was still screaming in agony in a fetal position, "What's going on?!"
    "THE HARBRINGER! HE'S…HE'S…AGHHHHHH!!!!" The clone let out one last cry before also disappearing in crystal lights. Ethan stared at the spot where the clone was a moment again, a look of utter terror on his face.

Back