• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'd like to introduce myself, erm, again?

Years
  • Hello PokeCommunity! My name is CaptainSlayer and... apparently I've been here before?

I decided to look up a fan community for Pokemon a few minutes ago and after finding the site I was a bit confused as to why I wasn't able to make an account with my email.

As it turns out, I actually found this site a little over a year ago and created an account while I was looking for some breeders to trade with. Ironically enough I never returned and completely forgot about the site.

That said, I'm here to actually join the community at this point.

So, where to start...

I'm a twenty-one year old male who first discovered what Pokemon was when I picked up a pokeball/raichu toy at a friends house and asked "What is this?" with an arched brow. For the next ten minutes I was schooled by a five or six year old kid on how I was awful for not knowing about Pokemon.

Busting out his Gameboy (yes the original) and popping in Pokemon Red he gave me the run down and well... the past two decades or so haven't been the same since.

I recently started collecting the TCG cards again and my fiance and I both play the games to this day. (Waiting on Y).

Erm... Apart from Pokemon I am an avid Xbox Player, enjoy aggressive inline and Punk Rock Music.

It's nice to meet the lot of you and I hope to see you around as I dig through absolutely massive amount of content offered on the forums. ^^

- Slayer

Years
  • Hey there CaptainSlayer and welcome (back) to PC!

Glad to see that your coming back and joining our awesome community. We have so much for you to check out. We have sections for every single Pokemon game, including spinoffs located in the General Pokemon Gaming Discussions section of the site. You can chat about what your favorite parts of the games were, post your Pokemon teams, and so much more there. Also, be sure to check out our newest forum, the X and Y forum! There you can speculate and chat about the new upcoming games. So excited for them! The graphics look so amazing.

We also have a section dedicated to the TCG that you may enjoy since you collect the cards, so definitely check it out! I personally do not collect them anymore, but I have a binder filled with all the old cards from back in the day that I just love to look at from time to time.

Annnd finally, since your an Xbox lover, check out our Video Gaming section, where you can chat about non-Pokemon games for any platform such as Xbox, 3DS, PS, etc. You can also write gaming guides and walkthroughs too!

I hope you enjoy your time here and please dont hesitate to ask if you need anything!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hello there CaptainSlayer and welcome to PC! Or should I say welcome back!

It's so good to know you're back and that you discovered this account again. I recently found an old account that I abandoned too. Though what happen with mine is different. I remember signing up wanting the username I have now, but accidentally typed "AWsqaured" instead. XD So instead of sticking with that account I created a new one. Thank goodness for having multiple emails lol.

I found the story of how you got into Pokemon rather interesting. That's how kids are though when someone doesn't like or knows about something they like. That reminds me of how I learned what a "Bop-It" was lol. I remember getting into Pokemon just by hearing commercials for it on TV and then so many of my classmates were into it too. So I started watching the anime and then when I was 7, I got Pokemon Red for my birthday. And now at 21 , look at me, I'm still addicted to Pokemon! Anyway, you're interest in seem to range all over so I say take a look at all of General Pokemon Gaming Discussions along with Pokemon General . Pokemon General just added two new moderators, [/mod]Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers[/mod] and Brendino who are really nice and really hoping people come over to their section, so come and visit them sometime! There's also the Trading Card Game section here too. I'm sort of into the TCG myself, but mainly collect the cards for the artwork now. XD Might get back into actually playing the game though.The mod there, donavannj will kindly help you with any TCG related questions you may have.

As for your other interest PC has you covered for them too. You're an Xbox player? Check out our Video Gaming section. You can talk about all types of non-Pokemon related games there. There's also General Entertainment since you're into punk rock. There isn't a thread for punk music, but you can maybe make one just for rock in general. As well as discuss other topics relating to music, movies, and anime too. There's even a thread for telling people what song your listening to. Check that out here. As you can see , PC has alot of off-topic discussions and sections besides the Pokemon related ones so it isn't hard to be apart of the community as you intend to.

And I do hope you can become a part of the community and that you do enjoy it here. We have a friendly staff and friendly members so don't hesitate to ask questions. The moderators will gladly assist you with anything. It's nice to meet you and I hope to see you all over the forums too as well!

Years
  • It seems like everyone that is into pokemon is 18-22 years old. Interesting. Pokemon came out in 1999? That means everyone must have been introduced to pokemon at 5 to 9 years old and have loved it ever since.

Isn't it great when you find old accounts though haha. It's like finding undiscovered treasure except not really.

Years
  • I'm a bit taken back back how kind the community here seems to be. In just three replies it's shown that this forum is well-maintained and I must say that's quite the feat in today's world!

I very much appreciate the warm welcomes and in reply to "bradosia", When I downloaded the Pokemon TCG Online for my PC I quickly found out that the majority of the players were in my age range. It's a pretty great thing.

"AWsquared", I'd also recommend you trying to TCG Online. I only play in person with my fiance now-a-days but the Online opens up an entire community with the click of a mouse!

As said, thank you for the kind welcome and I plan to stick around. In fact, I think I'll go digging through the threads now!

Back