• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ideas how YOU would improve the pokemon games ... if any

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
Years
  • ... if any yes ... it is indeed one of the best RPG games along with Final Fantasy.
    But keeping with Pokemon, I came up with AN idea that would almost change the way that pokemon normally works.
    I thought if maybe a totally new pokemon game was made but it was for the Wii. AAANNNNND it was like a first person free roam RPG action game. Something like Oblivion IV The Elder Scrolls or Dragon Quest Monsters-Joker. You see pokemon everywhere when your walking through a .... cave, lets say, Zubats flying overhead one flys at you and your in a wild pokemon battle. Only its in 3D like on Pokemon Colleseum. And it would be the same for trainer battles. Annd you could enter worlds via wireless broadband through your Wii where trainers from all over the world wonder the pokemon region. :P :)
    If a game like this was to come out I would get very excited :D I want to know what you guys would think if a pokemon game like this was to come out ... and any other ideas that you guys would like to air out :)
    All feedback is welcome :D

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Things Pokémon need: a better (and actually new) storyline, and that includes reducing the number of Legendary Pokémon; balancing IVs in some way so that you could hipotetically have and need good Pokémon before beating the entire game; showing all the trainers in the game the Smogon page, and making the battles rely less in level and type advantage only.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I would have said: make the odds of a shiny pokemon 1/600 rather than (I think) 1/8192, but it doesn't matter with chaining.

Definitely less legendary pokemon. 4 per generation max.

I also agree with IV balancing. For example, I thought Pidgey was good at the game's start, but Pidgeots totally suck.

Better AI. The next time I see someone Baton Pass nothing, I'll barf. Pokemon Stadium 2 had ok AI. The last trainer in Prime Cup Round 1 knew to switch out his Mew when facing a Wobbuffet. Why can't they put that AI on the DS?

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I would definitely focus more on the storyline, and give the villains some motivation and backstory rather than just wanting to rule everything.

The number of legendaries would be reduced to maybe six or seven at max, and some would be focused on in the storyline and others would have to be hard to get.

Also, I would balance out the type availability. More Fire-types, for one thing.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    You see pokemon everywhere when your walking through a .... cave, lets say, Zubats flying overhead one flys at you and your in a wild pokemon battle. Only its in 3D like on Pokemon Colleseum. And it would be the same for trainer battles. Annd you could enter worlds via wireless broadband through your Wii where trainers from all over the world wonder the pokemon region. :P :)
    If a game like this was to come out I would get very excited :D I want to know what you guys would think if a pokemon game like this was to come out ... and any other ideas that you guys would like to air out :)

I would like something like this, but when you get into a battle, you control your Pokémon. They have their attacks, you press the buttons to use them, like(lets just use PS3 for an easy example) You run around with the joysticks, and then the L and R triggers activate your attacks(or what you set them to) and like lets just say x is jump.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • First: That 3D-stuff you wrote about in the first post, is 110% impossible with a DS, and Nintendo has never actually focused on the Stationary Consoles very much... And even there it would be nearly impossible.
    Have you ever heard about RAM-Memory and (De)allocation?

The Computer, DS, Wii, Digital Watch, iPod or whatever that is digital, has something called "RAM-Memory".
    It works like a Drawer, with one thing("byte") in every box in it.
    If you, for example, start a Pokémon Battle, you would first put the Pokémon Species, Level, Shinieness, known attacks m.m. in separate boxes.
    When you make an attack, it stores even more data about what you did, if it will be a crit, if it will miss m.m. in even more boxes.
    The Problem: There isn't an unlimited amount of boxes in it.
    That's why the game will need to "Clean Up" after it, known as "Deallocation".
    If all of the boxes is full, new data won't get room, and everything will crash :(
    Every pixel(colored dot) on the screen takes up one box.
    If you then take into account all the memory required for first calculating where to print out what, when to print it out, store it all in those drawers, and then print it on the screen...
    That's also what makes Action Replay and similar stuff work, it modifies the data within the drawers, or fixes the content of one.

But, that with Joining Team Rocket would be fun, even since i'd prefer Team Magma :P

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Less legendaries, better bad guys and the ability to travel to former regions a la G/S/C. I wouldn't mind a new type either. :P

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • Something that dissapointed me on dpp was that dialga and palkia didnt do much but waiting to be caught. And i really wanted time travel.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    More exciting Legendary events. One that you actually have to use your brain for and make you feel good when you complete.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • MORE TYPE DIVERSITY!!

I'm tired of nothing but water and normal types on the games. What is even more annoying is the same flying/normal, grass/poison, dragon/flying, etc, etc. Not all dragons can fly and not all flying types have to be normal. Imagine a dragon/fire pokemon or flying/poison

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Actually Several things:

1.More interesting storyline: No more 10-year old, new pokemon rival, gym -> Evil team -> Elite four.
    2. Your rival appears more often and in more ways: Maybe a tag team section against Team _____ (not one battle, a whole section). A few more meetings and such. (New rivals in the middle of the story?)
    3. Choices: A different choice would lead to a slightly different event, just to make playing the game over again worthwhile.
    4. Better Team Grunts: Please no more lvl. 25 cascoon, that doesn't even make sense! A balenced team?
    5. Plot Twists! Yay!
    6. Longer Event (Like the distortion world))

Back