• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

if ash could only have 6 pokeballs on him at one time then what about pikachu?

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    basically i am asking that if u lived in the pokemon world and were only allowed to have six pokeballs with pokemon in them at one time, then what about a pokemon that does not have a pokeball, like pikachu.

and if u say no to that, because u still "own it"...

then what about this loophole, say u meet a pokemon and don't capture it but still battle with it, u dont offically "own it" because it has yet to be captured, can u still have six other pokemon,

and if u say no to that because u still battle with it...

then what about a pokemon companion, or pet pokemon that travels with u but since it is only a pet that basically just sits on ur shoulder and is not trained or used for battle, like a chingling or pichu, not meant for battle, just enjoying the ride. what do u think is acceptable or not?(apolligies for the lenth)
    if ash could only have 6 pokeballs on him at one time then what about pikachu?

Last edited:

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
    Well, I would put my six biggest pokemon in the pokeballs - the likes of Rhydon or whatever.
    The rest? I would make little pokeleads for them and walk them around, that way I still 'own' them (although they're pokemon, therefore I can't actually own them) and I'm only using six pokeballs.
    Pikachu would get a rubber lead so that it was shock-proof.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    then what about this loophole, say u meet a pokemon and don't capture it but still battle with it, u dont offically "own it" because it has yet to be captured, can u still have six other pokemon,

and if u say no to that because u still battle with it...
    Well if i remember cor******ly, there was a lavitar that ash and co. found that was lost. It traveled with them for a few episodes and ash was the one giving the commands.
    So yeah, you can have "more" than 6 pokeballs.
    You can also take into account that misty her bag and it had more than 6 pokeballs in it,though some could of been empty... but yeah....-ponders-

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    yeah, it's hard to decide what the rulling is. i feel that if u didn't actually capture it, it could still travel with u and u could have six other pokemon, but because it wasn't captured it would not obey u in battle.

also if u have a pet pokemon who is never used in battle it would be okay to have six others like misty's togepi

Years
    Just remember that these 'pet' pokemon can potentially be caught by other trainers since it isn't officially one of yours. ;)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Yes, but it's likely that it will just return to the wild if you don't put it in a Poke Ball. I mean just think about the episodes where the Pokemon is a "Character-of-the-Day" and then at the end it offers to join the party by stopping Ash and Co. on their sunset path to the next city. If Ash just said "Oh, just come along, but I won't put you in a Pokeball," the Pokemon might think that Ash doesn't really want the Pokemon and will leave. In addition, if you don't capture it, the Pokemon is much more subject to being disloyal and it might also join another trainer, just like Haunter in the anime.

Well if i remember cor******ly, there was a lavitar that ash and co. found that was lost. It traveled with them for a few episodes and ash was the one giving the commands.
    So yeah, you can have "more" than 6 pokeballs.
    You can also take into account that misty her bag and it had more than 6 pokeballs in it,though some could of been empty... but yeah....-ponders-

I lol'd at the typo.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yes, but it's likely that it will just return to the wild if you don't put it in a Pokemon.

Should I lol at this typo? :P

But that's if the uncaught Pokemon doesn't have a bond with the trainer. If the Pokemon was, say, a family pet who wasn't put in a pokeball for some reason*going with someone else's idea from above*, then the Pokemon would have a bond with the Trainer already, and it'd be unlikely to run back to the wild after being domesticated for years. It's the same as not putting a leash on a dog that you've had for a long time, they tend to stick around you, as you're a member of its pack.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I dont like pikachu -_- but yeah, he always carries around pikachus pokeball even though it never goes in it

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Should I lol at this typo? :P

But that's if the uncaught Pokemon doesn't have a bond with the trainer. If the Pokemon was, say, a family pet who wasn't put in a pokeball for some reason*going with someone else's idea from above*, then the Pokemon would have a bond with the Trainer already, and it'd be unlikely to run back to the wild after being domesticated for years. It's the same as not putting a leash on a dog that you've had for a long time, they tend to stick around you, as you're a member of its pack.

Lawl, got me. Except yours was censored by PC :P

Sure, but also remember that you lose all the benefits of having the Pokemon in a Poke Ball too. If your Pokemon faints, you'll have to carry it yourself. If you're in a crowded area or a narrow passage, it will be harder to maneuver. If your Pokemon falls off a cliff, you'll be unable to return it with the laser beam. Conceivably, you'll be unable to use the Poke Ball healing machines in the Pokemon Center. You can't enter Pokemon tournaments (Grand Festival, Leagues, etc.) with them, since they aren't legally yours. If your Pokemon becomes confused, you can't return it -__-. You won't be able to give each Pokemon the same amount of attention and it will cost you more to take care of them.

But, sure, if you wanted to, you could.

Also, I think all the Pokemon farms in the anime did the same domestication thing, though their Pokemon weren't nearly as battle-oriented as most others.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    If I was in pokémon world I would use only like 3 pokémon in my party to battle and an extra small one to keep me company, a Chatot would be a perfect choice, one of the three pokémon would be a Meganium so I could ride on its back, awesome stuff.
    But, I think that if I had 6 pokémon in my party I would eventually forget some of them and wouldn't treat them with the respect that a trainer should. When you have a large group of friends you can't keep every single one of them in mind, it's pretty much the same thing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I always thought that Pikachu's Pokeball was back with the Professor. And Pikachu didn't count toward the limit. But I guess I'm wrong XD

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    Pikachu doesn't like to be inside a Pokeball, I don't know what Ash has done of it, but Pikachu never go inside. So I guess, like this he can carry six Pokeballs on him, since Pikachu would probably be on his shoulder, or he would walk.​

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    Remember in the first season of Pokemon when ash had already caught 6 Pokemon and than he caught krabby and wondered what happened to him but than they explained to him that he could only have 6 Pokemon and that was including Pikachu.

Back