• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If Black and White were released on the Game Boy...

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
    There are 8-bit hacks of Mega Man 7 and 8 out there, so it might actually be completely possible (with a lot of work) to make old-school versions Black and White, complete with derpy, off-model sprites, insane balancing issues, and bland Routes.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Yes because i mainly play the games because I love collecting things and i love battling. I also like the idea of an organized sequence of bosses, and i love the story in black and white. Plus, i love eight bit music. ;D

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Assuming that all the Pokémon in White Forest are counted (Porygon is still an original in this time-line, yay!), Generation V would have 189 Pokémon in it, a single Poké off Generation I's original intent of 190. B/W would have been the most awesome thing since sliced bread at the time, and the only issue would be future generations living up to the standards it would set.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i would not have enjoyed the franchise as much. black and white feel like a fifth gen game and if they were invented any other time it would have ruined it. the story line is grand, almost to the point of hysterical unlike the old games relatively simple plots, the fifth gen pokemon are meh but i'll give them credit for making enough good pokemon so far into the series, and the villains have got dialogue and personas equally laughable and bad in fifth gen. so overall it would have been bad in my opinion if they had created the games earlier but they were fine for the year 2011

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Personally I quite like the new graphics, I also don't think the games would have been as widely anticipated if they came out back then so personally I like that they came out now :D

Back