• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If I were crazy enough to use Missingno. in a team, which one would be best? (R/B)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    Hello, all! I've recently re-entered the Pok?mon craze, having gotten all 12 games (Red/Blue/Japanese Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and FireRed/LeafGreen) by... certain means.

Anyway, this time through, I wanted to try something new. As a rule, people try to avoid Missingno. unless they want 127 Rare Candies or Master Balls. Because of his glitchy nature, most avoid using him for teams and the like. Well, now that the Missingno. guide by Brian Raddatz has been released, we have a list of all his moves, evolutions, types and his base and max statistics. Problem is, unlike other Pok?mon, different versions of him have different types, moves, and evolutions. This is where I need your help. If, by some chance, I'm bored enough to actually train a Missingno. to fight, which would be of the most strategic value?

The reason I'm asking for your input is because I'm so out of practice that I have yet to regain my "battle senses." The different types of Missingno. can be described here:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ga...ame/907714.html

Just look under In-Depth FAQs for the "Missingno Guide" by Okk.

I'm trying to stick to legally caught Pok?mon (if you expand the term "legal" to include glitches), so only the Missingno.'s of a hex value less than C8 are viable, and of those, 193 (C1), 196 (C4), and 199 (C7) are disqualified because the game freezes when they enter the battle, making them useless. "Battle sense" or not, I can tell you right now that 182-184 (B6-B8) are too risky to use effectively as well. While they may be the only Missingno.'s with un-glitched sprites, their stats, movesets, and known TM's/HM's also change every time a new Pok?mon is viewed, making them unreliable.

Well, experts, if someone held a gun to your head and told you to pick one to fight with, which one would you choose?

Champion Taylor

PokeTrainer
    Years
    Well, different Missingnos don't really have different types. Missingno is almost always the same type as the last poke in your party and some versions of missingno will have an attack from the pokemon data the game has read. Like a poke on the title screen or wil poke battle or even pokedex or data. Keep that in mind.

typoflosion

lvl 999
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2005
    john, you missed Japanese green...

anyway, I always thought that "missingno." was suppose kangaskan's baby becuase if you have a piture of a kagaskan, you can see that it always have some kind of pokemon in it's pouch. also that the pokemon in the pouch does not exsist. another clue is that our "m." evolves into a kangaskan. so if I put these three peices together, I think that "missingno" was suppose to be a pokemon, presumably that baby of a kangaskan.

that's my two cents.

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Um... this wasn't asking what missingno. is, or for that matter it's origins. It's asking what missingno. to use.

I'm going to do this assuming it's for Link battles/Stadium. You have two options, imo: Missingno. 194 and Missingno. Zero/31.

Missingno. 194: Sub/Strength/Rest/Psywave from what I can tell by looking at its movepool. It should make an excellant physical wall/sweeper/tank/whatever this monster is. Psywave will cause massive damage at Lv.255. Strength can be used to finish off low health foes after a Psywave. Sub+Rest are for lasting longer I guess. T-Wave or Agility might be an option, for obvious reasons, most likely over Sub (T-Wave), or Rest (Agility).

Missingno. ZERO/31: Swords Dance/EQ/Tri Attack/T-Wave is the best this one is gonna get. With an already insane Atk getting boosted by SD there's nothing that's gonna get in its way... except stuff that's faster than it. That's what T-Wave is for. Although with its low defensive stats, you'd probably be better off having another poke do the paralyzing - it won't survive long enough to both SD and T-wave. If you plan on using it on Stadium 2, you could use a BPer to get it some Spd and Atk.

Missingno. 195 is also worthy of mention, as having an Exploding Vileplume is always cool.

Back