• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real and you were battling a guy and...

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
Years
  • they released like Giratina or Arceus or something, what would you do?
    its sort of like someone going "oh I'm just in town with my friend Jesus, you know he comes from Nazareth or somewhere!"
    I would call the police to get the Pokemon released tbh
    just realizing how strange this is but I always think in game when I use a lugia or something "what must the other person think?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    It's exactly why I don't catch them. It is the illogical part of the story. "Oh, Dialga is needed for time to exist, Mesprit is needed for emotions to happen, If Kyogre and Groudon were to ever be released again, Rayquaza qould be needed, but lets catch them and the world will somehow be fine."

I personally think we shouldn't be allowed to catch the diety type pokemon, only the Zapdos's, the dogs, Heatran...the ones that don't really have a huge purpose and have more than one species.

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years
  • It's exactly why I don't catch them. It is the illogical part of the story. "Oh, Dialga is needed for time to exist, Mesprit is needed for emotions to happen, If Kyogre and Groudon were to ever be released again, Rayquaza qould be needed, but lets catch them and the world will somehow be fine."

I personally think we shouldn't be allowed to catch the diety type pokemon, only the Zapdos's, the dogs, Heatran...the ones that don't really have a huge purpose and have more than one species.
    Yeah like if a Team did steal Dialga or something and the police turn up afterwards, "Where is the captured beast?" "Oh I caught it I'm keeping it now" "oh thats fine, its fine for you to do that when thats just what the team wanted to do"

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    Haha yeah I know what you mean. I've always kinda wondered that while playing the games. It's like, how WOULD people really react if you had one of the rarest Pokemon or a Legendary?

"Oh yeah I caught this Mewtwo the other day, you like it?"

Pretty sure they wouldn't be as nonchalant as they are in the game. Like it's any average or ordinary Pokemon you see often.

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    But the other thing is team rocket cant they just beat the **** out of you with their bare fists instead of pokemons rofl..

Ayselipera

Well I think if Pokemon were real, Legendaries would be uncatchable. The only reason why we can catch them in the game is because... well it's just a game and that's part of the story line. I can't remember anytime in the anime were someone just threw a poke ball and caught a legendary. It was always done with weird electronic devices that no normal person would have.

Anyways if somehow that really did happen I guess I would call the Pokemon control? I think there would be some sort of program like that if they were real. :)

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    ^ Yeah, but you could fight back. Then having Pokemon would be pointless. lol

Haha, but its true your alone in a Team Rocket HQ, you just shut-off their full proof money making idea, and you beat their pokemon with your pokemon. Wouldn't they get pissed off and just start beating the living craps out of you ?

Years
  • But according to the second movie... Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, and Lugia are needed to keep order in the world. Should you not capture them either?

Mifune

*Lurk Lurk Lurk*
    Years
  • Haha, but its true your alone in a Team Rocket HQ, you just shut-off their full proof money making idea, and you beat their pokemon with your pokemon. Wouldn't they get pissed off and just start beating the living craps out of you ?

...if that's the case then I'd run. like hell.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Haha, but its true your alone in a Team Rocket HQ, you just shut-off their full proof money making idea, and you beat their pokemon with your pokemon. Wouldn't they get pissed off and just start beating the living craps out of you ?

But your pokemon could just take them all down since you've still got urs from winning.

I'd like to see a rocket stab a guy who's being guarded by a charizard. He'd be burned to death before he even get two steps away from you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    But according to the second movie... Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, and Lugia are needed to keep order in the world. Should you not capture them either?

And, yet, there has been cases showing that there is more than one Lugia, more than one Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, etc.

They are just incredibly rare.

Lugia, in the anime, has been shown to have children, and the three islands in the movie are not the same places as the Gen I games where you find the three birds, indicating that they're more than likely not the same pokemon.

It all makes for a good bit of drama to say "we need <such and such> or the world will end!" and drop the implication that there's only one of that legendary, but, in reality, it's probably not true.

Mew
    -- Possibly more than one. I think there are probably a few failed Mews -- genetically similar yet not quite the same as the original (the worst cases ending up as Ditto's, which contain every pokemon's DNA yet are not stable enough to retain a form unless presented with an outside stimulus).

Zapdos / Articuno / Moltres
    -- Multiples. Very Rare, but there's more than one. One of each on their respective islands at all times. Articunos are known, for example, to be seen by people lost in Mountain snowstorms.

Lugia
    -- Multiples. It has been shown in the anime to have children.

Celebi -- Only one, but able to move through time, possibly creating the illusion of many.

Latios / Latias -- I am inclined to say multiples. I don't think their birth was anything out of the ordinary -- they're just amazingly rare pokemon that happen to be powerful, as well.

Jirachi -- Most likely multiples.

Deoxys -- Shown to have multiple Deoxys, I believe, in the movie.

As for the other legendaries, there's most likely only one. I don't see how there could be two Arceus, for example.

Also, remember, Giovanni ended up using Mewtwo against Gary, and all the reaction he managed to get was a "whoa, what the heck is that kind of pokemon?" Considering that most of the legendary pokemon don't have any solid research done behind it, they're almost never very well-known, so meeting it on the battlefield would probably be met with surprise, confusion, and even, perhaps, a bit of excitement?

Years
  • Celebi -- Only one, but able to move through time, possibly creating the illusion of many.
    The time travel theory is a good one, but I still think there are multiples of this Pokemon.

As for the other legendaries, there's most likely only one. I don't see how there could be two Arceus, for example.
    Mewtwo: One of a kind.

Ho-oh:
    Lets see... There's the Bell Tower one, the Mt. Battle one, and the Navel rock one. I doubt that these are all the same one.

Regis: There are multiple tombs containing the regis. We know that some exist in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Weather Trio:
    They are in Hoenn and Johto.

Pixies: No idea.

Dragon Trio: There's the ones Team Galactic tried to control and there are also the ones Arceus creates in HGSS.

Heatran:
    The pokedex implies that there are multiples.

Regigigas:
    I think we only know of one right now, but that may change.

Cresselia and Darkrai:
    Probably multiples.

Manaphy and Phione: Tons of Phione in the anime, the 9th movie states that there are multiple Manaphy.

Shaymin:
    I think these are actually common.

Arceus:
    Probably one of a kind.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Also, remember, Giovanni ended up using Mewtwo against Gary, and all the reaction he managed to get was a "whoa, what the heck is that kind of pokemon?" Considering that most of the legendary pokemon don't have any solid research done behind it, they're almost never very well-known, so meeting it on the battlefield would probably be met with surprise, confusion, and even, perhaps, a bit of excitement?

I completely forgot about that. This isn't just hypothetical: that actually did happen in the anime.

As for me, if I saw a legendary on the battlefield, it would depend on which one: for something like Shaymin or Heatran, I wouldn't care, against Zapdos or Regice, I'd be especially wary but fight on, and against ones like Lugia or Darkrai, I would give up on the spot.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    HELL YA!!! i love a challenge,bring on the real life legendary in a battle, id just shrug,and get my team to do their best, wed win anyways,i end up killing legendaries usually in 1hit on the game by accident (its why i need a non-normal type false swipe, cuz giratina gets owned lol)
    ----------------------------------------------
    but considering all the event pokemon, the anime, the in game ones, and the manga ones
    i rather doubt their all the same single one, and weve seen multiples of just bout every single one, several have reproduced/multiplied
    the only 2 who are most likely 1of a kind are:
    arceus, & mewtwo (then again,another mewtwo could just be recreated)
    mew isnt one of a kind, weve seen 3 confirmed different ones (minus the mirage one,theres still 2)
    theres bound ot be dozens of other wild pokemon
    and shaymin is got numbers in the hundreds (hell i can capture 1with a quick ball lol)
    ---------------------------------------------
    to be honest i dont think legends are really legends except for the deities:
    dialga, palkia, giratina, &arceus
    those are the only true legends IMO

Also, remember, Giovanni ended up using Mewtwo against Gary, and all the reaction he managed to get was a "whoa, what the heck is that kind of pokemon?" Considering that most of the legendary pokemon don't have any solid research done behind it, they're almost never very well-known, so meeting it on the battlefield would probably be met with surprise, confusion, and even, perhaps, a bit of excitement?

this is why i only consider the first movie,& the sequel to it
    canon with the anime ;)

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • A regular is able to defeat a Legendary before, so why can't it now? Sure, knocking out something like Arceus is impossible in real-life, but the chance of encountering that one trainer who does have Arceus is almost impossible.

My team can probably knock out some of the minor Legendary Pokemons, but it would only get harder as the caliber moves up. Anyways, my reaction would calm. I'd probably ask him or her how he or she caught it anyways.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'd probably think "OMGWTFBBQ!" before trying my hardest anyway. Unless he sent out a deity. Then I'd probably forfeit on the spot.

to be honest i dont think legends are really legends except for the deities:
    dialga, palkia, giratina, &arceus
    those are the only true legends IMO

Surely as long as there are legends about a Pokémon it's legendary? That's why I, unlike almost every other person in the world consider Unown to be legendary. Hell they're probably on par with the Dragon Trio in power when they are in large groups. Canonically mind you, the games understate their prowess.

As a side note, I've always wondered why Mewtwo; of which there is only one which is the product of a secret experiment is listed in the Pokédex and before Mew.

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Honestly, most trainers in the world don't actually own Legendaries - at least, that's how it is in the Pokemon anime. If the above scenario was the case, I would simply try my hardest to defeat the said trainer. I mean, they're not that hard in the games, so they shouldn't be impossible - granted, the games are different from a real life situation.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    If it real, i think that will be impossible since they are the one that controlling time and space. No human capable controlling such huge power and endure their pressure

Back