• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon were real

Do you whish Pokemon were real

• Yes

Votes: 74 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    If pokemon were real i'd own water,ground,flying,grass & fire type pokemon

I would use my flying types to do air patrol for all types of fires and carry the water types to the scene and undertake aerial water bombing

My ground crew would consist of water,fire & ground types to undertake direct attack on fires as well as performing asset protection,back burning, fire break digging and hazard reduction

In the event of a industrial fire i'd use my flying & water types to do air & direct attack fire fighting

Oh yeah i would also have my own pet Pikachu as well

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2009
    I'd say there are cons and pros for this kind of topic...I remember I ALWAYS wished Pokemon were real, and I ALWAYS drifted off to my dream world to be with my Pokemon...XD
    The pros here is that for one thing, the theory of evolution won't be an arugueable statement for sure XD It'd be really cool to have battles and train and kinda do things the way the anime is like...I know I'd have fun, and many people will generally stay healthy 'cause of the good amount of exercise (considering that they eat once in a while...finding a berry or two a day) and there will be a lot less obesity (sp??) and overweight issues with children and teens and even adults. It's also great to have fun with Pokemon too! ^^
    Now the cons....With a more use of Pokemon, people would be able to fly or surf their way through most courses, which will kinda be bad for transportation business, but that's an debatable statement right there since you still see people using boats and trains etc. in the anime, but that can still happen if at one point Pokemon and humans were like 200+% companions. So you got a few people in a bit of a pinch. Also, if there were legends in Pokemon like in the movies/anime/etc. it would be really dangerous that if they were to be true 'cause I'm pretty sure most people would wanna chase after those legends rather than living like a normal person...Yet, that's also debateable as well.

But thinking positively....Real life Pokemon=totally awesome!!!!! XD

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    I for one wish they where real so I could have a Salamence as my best friend and bodyguard.

A Blaziken would be a good friend too, and possibly a good cook.

I wouldn't mind having a Latias, they're soo cute, and would make a good playmate for my younger siblings.

Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, those are good pokemon, if I could have my own pokemon team it would probably have all those pokemon, I would treat them with love and care, and maybe they could help me finaly clean up my room..

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    I think this topic is highly debateable, If pokemon were real it would mean alot of good things, less pollution for one, much calmer enviroment, and to be honest, the Legends are more of Safe Guards, to protect the planet, like Celebi, and Mew, and the Legendary Birds, but as one person has said Garydos would eat you alive, so its a pretty bad thing too, but making Pokemon Real isn't a hard thing, if wishes were possible it could happen, also the way genetics are moving so fast, its easily possible for an ANIME addicted scientist, to actually create bio-genetic pokemon, which would be so awesome, so its a really hard topic to debate on, but i go with they should be SO real. Especially Flannery :P, my Girlfriend loves Ash too.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    It would be kinda cool, if it ever hapens, there probably will be a League, if so, I put dibs on an Elite 4 spot.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Of Course!! I'd love it, I'd want my own Pikachu and Meowth and Skitty ^^ Itd be so cool

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    if pokemon where real i would have:
    Charmander,Squirtle,Bulbasaur,Pikachu,Pidgeoto,Growlith,Chikorita,Cyndiquil,Totodile,
    Haunter,Dragonite and Lapras

the downside would be that we would then have a real team rocket trying to caputre all the rare pokemon

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Of course it would be awesome if Pokémon were real, but it would also result in a higher crime ratio. It wouldn't surprise me if they were used for war if they'd exist. Which would practicaly be animal abusing.

Either way, if Pokémon (and Pokéballs, of course n_n) were real, I'd totally want:

Dunsparce
    Cradily
    Feebas
    Arbok/Seviper
    Butterfree/Beedrill/Ledyba <3
    Dodrio

But since Cradily and Feebas would most likely be incredibly rare and the chances of me finding one of either one of them would be astronomical, I'd have to say Bulbasaur or Ivysaur and... *drumroll* Pidgeotto
    the downside would be that we would then have a real team rocket trying to caputre all the rare pokemon
    Incorrect. The topic is, ''if Pokémon were real...'', not ''if the Pokémon world was real'' or something like that.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I wish they were real, personally. True, I realize that some Pokemon are dangerous, but no more dangerous than things that are currently real... i.e. serial killars, cobras, panthers, pumas...

Most Pokemon, however, are loyal and friendly. I would love it if they were real. It would be a dream come true! *laughs* I'm fairly certain that any roleplayer or fanfic writer wishes they were real, otherwise we wouldn't participate!

*walks of dreaming about searching for Mew*

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    Which pokémon are predators, like do they pray on each other, cos I'm sure some of the species would be annhialated & become extinct because fire pokémon are powerful.
    & how would you poeple get these legendary pokémon seeing as there's only one of each, and they're there to protect the planet.
    I think it would be cool still. To ride round on my dodrio, or blaziken. & go out to the sea with friends on my tentacruel.
    I'd hate it if they beame weapons of war, which is probably likely, but hopefully people will get along.

SuperGuy

I hope I win.
    Years
    I'd want pokemoon to be real
    I'd play with my cute, little Sandslash
    and It's strong too, SANDSLASH IS UNBEATABLE!!!!!

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    The Great Saiyaman said:
    If Pokemon were real

"You know..Gyarados become sinister, cold hearted monsters due to the fact that as Magikarp, they were treated poorly by people due to their very poor intellect. Magikarp are worthless. Not only that..but they can be found everywhere - literally...as long as there's a water source..Anyway..They can't be eaten as they mainly consist of bone and have limited attacks. Most Magikarp just splash (flipping around) in battle and therefore always lose. When Magikarp evolves into Gyarados.. it's hatred for the people who mistreated it causes it to go insane. Therefore, most Gyarados are maniacal killers. Gyarados, since ancient times were known to go on violent bloody rampages lasting up to a month. Once awakened, they only seek to destroy and are incapable of calming down even after eliminating whatever or whoever angered them. Treat your Magikarp well or suffer Gyarados' rage." If you saw one of those in the water you'd be dead.

No, I don't want pokemon to be real. They're very dangerous and could poke an eye out. But,seriously... Do you think pokemon would be kind to you in real life? I don't think so. We would be food to them. I could list 6 common pokemon that could kill you. Weedel,Beedrill,Geodude, Onyx,Rhyhorn and Sycther. I don't want to die at such a young age.
    yea..I'd agree with..but at the same time,I don't....I do,cuz I'm tough enough to take on dangers like that(wich is also the reason I wish the show was a bit more.....T...for teens,instead of E for everyone....catch my drift?...)but I don't cuz.....well....I think armies,and stuff would problably hunt them all down until they're extinct,for the sake of humanity.....

so,yea,but at the same time,like enyce said,.......get real guys......

Rayquaaza

The trainer of Dark Pokemon
    Years
    It would be fantastic (would be very happy if I had indeed as a Deskull or an Alakazam! ) But seeing the negative and positive sides there would be if the Pokemon were real is necessary. We would have some animals able to become actually clever friends our and would have of safe many very fascinating hobbies. But it is also true that some people could use the Pokemons to do of the evil to other people or earn money and this would be a very bad thing. However it would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    Think about all of the problems in the Pokemon universe. That's because of the Pokemon. Now, apply that to our world and it would still be chaos. Every world has it's bad guys out to take any strength the world has, and we would too.

Pokemon has Team Rocket.
    Naruto has Akatsuki.
    We have the IRS. Now, imagine the IRS with strong Pokemon.

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    & think of all the accidents, wiht liek mowing the lawn, you might kill an oddish, and people would spray pesticide to kill caterpies and weedles and wurmples. & their might be Vulpix hunting, and spheal clubbing, how horrible, and rhydon might be used in chinese medicine.
    & nobody answered my question before about wether pokémon are predators, cos in the pokédex it makes refrence to cathing prey and such, but do they kill each other?

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    of course!!!pidgey eat the bug poke'mon such as caterpie!!!seviper and Zangoose intend on KILLING each other!!!!it goes on....so if you didn't hear stuff like this before,then it's because they wanna make poke'mon likable to kids....so of course you likley wouldn't hear "yes indeed poke'mon do indeed kill each other" from the creators........catch my drift?....

Back