• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a parent, would you allow your child to use gadgets in early age?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Honestly I think raising children as natives of the digital age is essential. Yes that means giving them all access to things. That also means that you have to sit beside them and parent them constantly until they're old enough to handle themselves properly during tech use. As for web access, parental controls exist and I'd deploy them as needed and let them go hambone with the controls enabled. No need to hinder their social skills. Pretty sure they're mature enough at some point between 8-12.

Obviously don't give them anything not suited to rough handling. They don't always understand their strength or how breakable a thing is. I'm an expert at computers so it's doubtful they'd be able to break my parental sandboxing so easily. (I'd simply configure everything so that they've got exactly the level of access they're supposed to have and release restrictions as they grow)

Back