• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Illusion Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    OOC: Sorry it took me so long to make another post. First there was Harry Potter and now school starts back in a week so there's a big rush to get all the required supplies and finish all the homework I was supposed to have finished already. ^-^; I can't make any promised on when I'll be able to post again after this but I'll try to be on more often.

IC: There was a moment's pause, then everything began to change. It happened so fast that she was barely able to comprehend the blur that surrounded them. Then everything turned back to normal and they were standing in the middle of a deserted city. It was not a city that Rataki was used to. It was very outdated in her eyes and also creepy from the lack of life. Still, this was hardly noticeable compared with confusion and shock she felt at moving from the middle of a forest to the middle of a city.

"Wha...ho...you...how did you do that?"

'Illusion control. I learned it many years ago but I still don't have complete control over it. Now, you see we have moved from Viridian Forest to Violet City. Do you believe me now?'

"I..." Rataki didn't really know what to say. What had happened was strange, yes, but what she had been told thus far was stranger. "Ok, maybe the trainers who defeated Tiono were trapped in an illusion, and maybe there was a curse placed upon their Pokemon, but how did I get here?"

'Did none of your relative ever tell you that you are the descendant of Eya Emera, one of the trainers who defeated Tiono?'

Rataki gaped at him. She tried to speak several times but no words came out. Finally she closed her mouth and shook her head.

'I doubt they knew anyway. Eya is not a direct relative of yours. A great great aunt, really, but you were deemed worthy by her long before you were born. I won't get into that now. There are, however, things you need to know. For instance, this illusion was created to hold only those who defeated Tiono. Therefore, you, or your physical body, could not enter. But, your soul and mind placed inside the body of your ancestor, could. Because you were the one deemed worthy by her so long ago, you were the one who was imprisoned.'

"My mind and soul? But I'm still in my body. I'm not a spirit. I'd notice if I was."

Arcanine smiled at her. 'I am going to show you something that will no doubt distress you, but you must know. Come along.' Rataki had not released Arcanine's fur so she was once again transported to another area. This was a room with a full length mirror hanging on the wall. 'Look into it,' the great fire dog instructed.

Rataki flashed a suspicious glance at the Arcanine then did as he said. She stepped in front of the mirror, stared at the reflection for a moment, then nearly passed out again. A squeak of fear and confusion escaped her as she did a one-hundred and eighty degree turn, staring at herself. Deep crimson eyes, not too dissimilar from her own, showed shock as the tall girl in the mirror stared back at her. Her hair was rich brown with a streak of green in the front and she looked older, perhaps eighteen. Her shirt was black with flames and a great bird on the back and a fiery PR on the top left side of the front. Her jeans were worn and a little dirty, she had a red bandanna tied around her head, and a Pokeball hanging from a black cord around her neck.

'Try not to be too alarmed. You have simply taken on the appearance of Eya when she was trapped in the illusion. She was seventeen, older than you, but she looks a bit older. She was very powerful and quite popular. I am Iyo, I helped Eya win countless battles along with the rest of her Pokemon. That is my Pokeball hanging around your neck. The others are in her bag, over there.' Iyo nodded to a small red backpack sitting against the wall. 'This room looks much like the one Eya had as a child. This is where she lived in the illusion for many years.'

Rataki didn't know what to say. She wanted more than anything to wake up in the Pokemon Center and find out everything she saw and felt at the moment was all a dream. She wanted this Arcanine to vanish and this person staring at her out of the mirror the never bother her again, but she knew that wasn't going to happen. She was smart enough to tell the different between dreams and reality, and this was all too real to be a dream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back