• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Deaf. Wait, blind! No, limp! JK, can't smell! Hmm!!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Smell. My current sense of smell is not particularly great anyway, so to lose it completely wouldn't be as big a loss as, say, losing one's sight. Food would end up being a weird experience, due to the interconnectivity of taste and smell, but apart from that (and the inability to smell flowers and stuff), the downsides are kinda minor in comparison to losing any of the other senses.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Being someone who is rather touch sensitive and tends to be bothered by soap on my hands or very minor injuries, I'd have to say I would choose to lose the ability to feel. Losing sight is also a close second, as without sight I could not judge someone by the outside, which is something many people do, unfortunately. My other senses are far too important to me. Music is what makes most my life, so without sound I probably wouldn't be able to go on. Taste is important as it lets me enjoy (or figure out if something's been poisoned either accidentally or on purpose) meals and the like. Smell... I love smelling anything good, be it a scented candle or a flower. Smell can also alert one to fires or poisonous gases and the like.

I'd also like to add that people who already have a loss of a sense (typically sight or sound) have heightened senses, and if I were to lose sight I could try and learn to find my way around with echolocation. That's right, click my tongue and listen carefully to see if the sound bounces off an object. ...Of course, I suppose this would be harder to master at my age, but you never know.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Limp meaning weak right? Certainly not! Or do you mean dead...

Probably my scent. I could finally go dumpster-diving or something. Sure I'd miss my hobbies of sniffing wet paint and filling up my car for the sake of smelling gasoline, but it's a noble sacrifice. I wouldn't be able to sniff out smelly people anyway and that's a bonus I guess.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I would sacrifice smell. Even though I can't smell good things, at least I won't smell the nasty things around outside.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Taste. Then I could eat super healthy foods and like it. Or conversely eat nasty food if I had to.itd benefit me more than it could ever harm me.[/SIZE]

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Smell probably, but with that you lose taste too, so that'd be a double sacrifice. The only thing you'd still be able to taste are the main tastes like salty, sweet, sour, bitter, umami, etc, I'd probably be fine with that but it would still suck (also I don't think your limbs are part of the senses lol).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm most familiar with not being able to smell. I can't imagine not being able to touch, see, or hear (god forbid I need my music). So, if I had to choose, I'd go without that since I can do without it just fine.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I'd have to jump the bandwagon and say that I don't need smell, for all the reasons that everybody already posted here. Even though we do lose some sense of taste as well, it'd be easier eating vegetables anyways. (I don't thrive in sweet taste, either)

Years
    I can't smell very well as is, and I'm waaaaaay too attached to my other senses, so I'd get rid of smell. I'd just have to hope I didn't smell awful all the time, though. But from the sounds of things most people won't have their sense of smell anyway, so I should be good. :p

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I love to see things especially my appearance so that is out
    I love to smell, but its not that serious....smelling is annoying half of the time
    I love to hear my music so thats out of the question
    I love to taste things so thats out of the question
    Hmmm touching, that means I won't feel certain things, like needles.....yeah I would forfeit this one.

:t354:TG

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Taste or smell for me... probably taste. I think the others are really vital for me but I can't really think of any reason why taste would be important if society was run the exact same way it is now. (I mean, I guess I wouldn't be able to tell if milk was going sour but in the long run, that's not such a big deal. :P)

But losing sight, touch, or hearing would be fairly debilitating in my opinion.

Back