• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I'm in a pickle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_master13

Pokemon Master- I can prove it
    Years
    Well I restarted Leaf green Yesterday and I beat the elite 4. I only got 18 Pokemon in my 'Dex. I got a firered game with like 129 pokemon. The thing is, should I trade pokemon from Fire Red ( I want to get to the Sevii Islands/Johto-hoenn pokemon) Or catch them myself? what do you think?
    -Colton

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    whichever you prefer. if you can trade, i guess that would be a good thing for those pokemon that CAN evolve through trade.

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
    Well, it really depends on if you want to complete your 'dex. If you do, you could do a trade-trade back, and simply add to your dex. Also, if the ones you have on FR are rare, trade 'em. Otherwise, I would keep them all on one game. It's easier to keep up with them all. In fact, you could just move 'em all to FR. (Go catch Pidgeys and Caterpies on FR and use them for trade fodder.) But if you want to keep both games, and have the ability to trade to Emerald, CLONE TIME. That's what I do.

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    just catch low level pokemon and evolve them, then when you get 50 get an expshare (or just trade exp share from fire red)

Years
    Really only what you prefer but I would rather trade then use the strong ones to beat Sevii Islands and get high leveled. Then bring back to original and beat it all again so you get easy level 100.

That is how I got my first Typhlosion to level 100 in my silver/gold game.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Trading would also suit me more as not only is it better but you can gain additional pokemon to your Pokemon Dex as many pokemon evolve through trade as already mentioned above. However you must decide which version you prefer in my opinion i much prefer fire red as one of my favourite pokemon is only accessable through that version. Also bare in mind that trading is time consuming and i think that it will bore you in a very quick matter of time.

~Kipper~

Years
    If you do that you'll be caught in between which game to play and where pokemon should be. I would say to just go out and catch pokemon at random and evolve the ones that evolve at lower levels to make it easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back