• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: I'm looking for quirky and fun completed ROM hacks to download and play while I work on my own projects.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    I'm looking for quirky and fun, completed ROM hacks to download and play while I work on my own projects.

Here are some ideas:

Play as a member of Team Rocket--not another evil team because I just don't really care what happens with the other evil teams; Team Rocket, on the other hand, has a whole side story going on in the anime and manga.

Catch all Pokemon from a certain generation, including those only awarded through contests, like Mew.

Play a version of the game that is super hard!

Enjoy a game with a story that is extremely interesting and/or has new mechanics. Creepy games or mystery games would also be pretty interesting.

Collect something besides Pokemon but still play using Pokemon-like mechanics. I imagine if anyone did this, they probably made something pretty creative.

Let me know if you know of anything. I'm open to GBA, GBC, or plain old GB format. Other retro game formats--like SNES, NES, SEGA, etc., work as well, but I'd imagine GBA would be the most common.

Back