• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm meeting Sen. John McCain tomorrow

Gunn

horror resident
Years
  • There was a notice that came in my mailbox today. It was an announcement to meet Sen. McCain tomorrow at 2PM (PST).

I didn't vote for him, but I figured it would be an good opportunity to meet someone like him. I'm pretty excited and I got my sister coming with me. I'm just wondering what sort of questions I should has him? I've been thinking but nothing has really come up in my mind yet. xD I'll probably take photos and shake hands with him and such ...

So can you guys help me out? If you have questions, I can probably ask them for you.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • So...are you seeing him or are you actually talking to him o.o? How did you even get this opportunity? This is really awesome :3

I didn't support him either, but he is a very admirable person; congrats on getting such a great opportunity!
    If I think of anything smart to ask though...if it was Palin, trust me, I'd have a ton of questions.

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
    Years
  • You should ask him why he wasn't campaigning in the swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania while Clinton and Obama were fighting over the nomination. If he did campaign then, I'm sure we'd be having a Grand Old Party right now.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • You should ask him why he wasn't campaigning in the swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania while Clinton and Obama were fighting over the nomination. If he did campaign then, I'm sure we'd be having a Grand Old Party right now.

I'm not sure questions like that would be very responsive, haha. I don't think he wants to relive his faults during the election.

With that said, though, I have no idea what I'd ask him. But it sure would be an honor!

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • So...are you seeing him or are you actually talking to him o.o? How did you even get this opportunity? This is really awesome :3

Well, he's visiting us; and by "us" I mean the Indian tribe I live with. I'm a member of the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe and our CEOs, chairpersons, leaders, whatever have had past relations with Sen. McCain. We're strongly associated with this politician and I would probably say more than half of our tribe supported him during his presidential campaign. Even my grandfather knew him personally.

So ... the tribe sent out a notice to all of its members, informing us that he will be here tomorrow at our administrative offices. Sounds like my chance (and probably my ONLY chance) to meet him, so why not? ^^

I'm not sure questions like that would be very responsive, haha. I don't think he wants to relive his faults during the election.

I'm going to have to agree with you there. I kind of what to avoid those sort of questions like that or anything that would seem to make him feel uneasy. :P
    Don't forget an autograph.

That's a good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • I would've voted for McCain, but I was a month shy of turning 18 at the time. :(

Anyways, don't really think there's anything worth asking. I'd say just go for an autograph.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You should ask him why he wasn't campaigning in the swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania while Clinton and Obama were fighting over the nomination. If he did campaign then, I'm sure we'd be having a Grand Old Party right now.

I doubt it. I would take more than those two states.

Anywho. I hope you have fun, just be sure to get a good look at his facial skin, I wanna know if its real or an alien attempt to look human. ^.^

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years

Erm, I know this sounds weird, but Colorado was actually a state he needed more.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Guys, this isn't a "discuss what McCain did wrong" thread because we all know picking Palin was his biggest mistake. Stick to what he should ask McCain tomorrow.

I personally like the man and hated what he became during the election. You should ask him it takes to become an intern for a Senator because that's like my dream.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Sorry if i sound like a republican hating douchebag but is there a chance you can ask him if he if elected as president was going to do anything further in iraq and if so what. i mean i would just love to here if he were to continue the bush path of chaos or not. I mean if he wasnt then hell im happy. If he was then i am even more happy that he wasnt elected.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Okay, I'm writing a couple of your guy's questions down. I know for sure that I'm going to forget them.

Random much? So you got a random letter saying that you were meeting sen. John McCain.

xD Weird.

Yeah, now that I think about it, it is pretty random huh? My mom was the one who showed the notice to me and I was all like, "What?" and I had to read it again and again, lol. My dad was a supporter for Sen. McCain and I'm pretty sure that he peed his pants when he got his notice. xD

Come on, kids, running out of time here. 0:

Did you meet him yet?

My only question towards him is what kinds of reforms will he support, coming out of the Obama Administration?

Nope. Not yet. :) Still have a couple of hours to go. I'm in California, soooo yeah. Argh, why does time have to be so slow right now? xD

Years
  • Wow, you are one lucky person, indeed.

I think you should ask him what he thinks of Obama's job so far, and what he likes/dislikes.
    I'm not good with ideas such as these :3

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • That's actually pretty cool. Though I never supported McCain, I often wonder what it's like to be a losing nominee and to serve your opponent... Probably a somewhat bittersweet feeling.

Back