• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] I'm new, and having trouble with the $player.party_count script

Days
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm trying to make it so your mom at the start of the game checks your party to see if u have any pokemon using the $player.party_count script so that if u have no pokemon in your party then she will tell you to go see the professor and if u do have party pokemon she will heal you when you talk to her, sorry if this is a basic question I started a few days ago and really cant get my head around this one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    It would help to know what version you are on, but for v21 I used a Conditional Branch with the script "$player.party_count > 0".
    The first section after the conditional branch is where you put everything if they have a Pokemon in the party, after Else is where you put everything if they don't have anything in the party (which should only be at the beginning of the game).
    This should also work for v20.

Days
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    This did work I was working on v21 thanks for the help I was having trouble figuring out what to put after $player.party_count to get it to work, thank you

Back