• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new! Q: The wrong way to start a romhack.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2018
    Hello everyone.

My name is Noce, I've some years of experience in SMW hacking and absolutely non in Pokémon hacking. Because of this experience I know, there are a lot of way's to not create a good romhack and that letting a project fall behind, because you just have started wrong or to messy, is very easy.
    This question goes mainly to the experienced Pokémon romhackers: What are the typical mistakes of beginners, which lead to a very bad game or a project not being finished? (All saltyness is welcomed.)

I'm not a good informed player of Pokémon in any way. The last Pokémon game I played has been Hard Gold. But I think that I have a good idea for a Pokémon hack, which I want to create and I'm willing to invest time into this. Like a year or two.
    (BTW my tipp as a chronical hack beginner/not finisher, is to write the idea down first, so it can grow in a more organised way, and so I did.)

Thanks for any answers!

Years
  • Hi Noce! I've approved your thread, sorry for the wait. Seems like it got caught in the filter aaa.

As far as your question goes, that's something you should definitely ask over in the Fan Games Hub. It'd make for a good discussion and I'm sure aspiring hackers would value others' input. PC isn't solely a fangames community so you wouldn't have much luck asking in your introduction thread, especially since this is a place meant for welcoming people. Much luck! I'd answer had I been someone who dabbled in making games...but alas lol. Have a good time here either way =')

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    yooo and welcome :)
    Seems like Sheep has explain everything, putting that aside, I wish you good luck in your future fan game and enjoy your time here.

See ya around!

Back