• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new to game making...

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Do you have your story planned yet?
    After you do, you can start by looking for some chipsets, to play around with map making and eventing (since Rm2k3 have no scripting language T_T).

Later, since you are new to game making, you should get some pre-made stuff in other development forums, like custom Menu system and battle system. It will give your game a pro look, and it will be closer to the original Nintendo games (closer != equal).

Guess that's the basics for noob-game-making ^^

If you need any additional help, feel free to reply or PM me.

No more,

~Azura.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    I would like to know the coding on how you are able to catch a monster in battle using an item.

Dragetre

Creator of PCA
    Years
    darthmoose said:
    I would like to know the coding on how you are able to catch a monster in battle using an item.

Wouldn't we all? Sorry, however this is completely off-topic from how Shining Stealth can get a boost on how to start creating his games.
    -Dragetre.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    You can probally do it via common event, or scripting of course.. but that would require RMXP. My advice is to find a game making progam thats flexible such as GameMaker, Sphere, and RMXP i've seen some great Pokemon Games being made with those.

Back