• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] I'm new to ruby scripting, I got this error, what to do?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Hi everyone, I'm super new to RMXP and Pokemon essentials.
    I'm slowly starting to understand what some thing mean, and ANY help would be much appreciated.

So, I'm trying to change some scripts values on the settings script;
    I tried enabling debug menu, changing the shiny rate and the overworld poison damage. However, even by just turning them form false to true or changing the number on the shiny chances, I get this error when trying to open the game, even on playtest (F12 key):

Compiler
    :361:in `[]'

Compiler
    :361:in `csvquote'

Editor_SaveData
    :108:in `pbSaveMoveData'

Editor_SaveData
    :74:in `each'

Editor_SaveData
    :74:in `pbSaveMoveData'

Editor_SaveData
    :70:in `open'

Editor_SaveData
    :70:in `pbSaveMoveData'

Editor_SaveData
    :1386:in `pbSaveAllData'

Compiler
    :4484

So, I went tho those lines, and saw some codes/scripts, but I can't figure it out why they are giving said errors. They don't mention the Debug, Shiny or Poison damage variables whatsoever, neither they seem dependant on it.
    It says that it cannot convert into Integer. However, I didn't touch ANY of those lines under those sessions. All I did is go there once I got the error and read them, trying to understand what is wrong.

Is this a normal error? Did I screw up? Should I have left those variables under settings untouched?

Guys, any, literally, ANY help is appreciated. If you need any further info, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Is it possible that you made changes in one of the PBS files that are causing this error? That error looks like it comes from trying to compile moves.txt to moves.dat (see around Editor_SaveData line 108)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Is it possible that you made changes in one of the PBS files that are causing this error? That error looks like it comes from trying to compile moves.txt to moves.dat (see around Editor_SaveData line 108)

OOOOOHHHHHH
    I'm gonna try to delete and get the PBS folder back form the Pokemon Essentials zip file as soon as I get home.
    Thanks fam :]

Back