• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Retiring From Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Hi. I don't know if many of you still here know of me, but I've been into making Pokémon cards for over 6 years and have been into Pokémon ever since it first came out back in 1998. However, I've spent the last 2-1/2 weeks in depression and then thought. I've come to the realization that I've been a bit obsessed with Pokémon during that time, maybe even to a point where I almost lived my life by it. I've had a lot of long-lasting interests before and even have developed new ones over the years. But I don't think I ever took most of them as seriously as Pokémon. There hasn't been a day since I first got into Pokémon that I've thought about it in some way. However, I think that the root of my recent problems and preoccupation has been with Pokémon itself. I've also evaulated my career with Pokémon and how it has gone downhill.

First, the games. When I first got Pokémon Red, I got into Pokémon and had restarted and played through the game several times. My brother also got Pokémon Blue, and later, I got Pokémon Yellow and in that, went as far as to train my main six to Lv100. I also played Pokémon Stadium quite a lot and went as far as to unlock Round 2 in that game. When it came to Pokémon Gold and Silver, I didn't play that as much as the first generation, but at one point, I took it back up for a little while. Silver was played by my brother and when it came to Crystal, all I ever did with that one was take it for a test drive. I was really into Pokémon Stadium 2 for quite a while and did as much with that game as I did with the first. Eventually, I got Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, but only played Ruby. I went as far as to defeat the Elite 4 and catch Rayquaza, but stopped shortly after. When I got Pokémon LeafGreen, I only played up until Brock and never touched it again. In Pokémon Emerald, I played up until Wattson and stopped playing that again. With Pokémon Colosseum, I went as far as to catch all 48 Shadow Pokémon and in Pokémon XD, I caught all but the Shadow Dragonite. Whtn it came to the fourth generation, I only got Pokémon Diamond and played up until Roark. I even decided not to get Platinum when it came out. When it came to Pokémon Battle Revolution, I only did the Gateway Colosseum and went no further.

Second, the TCG. I got a little into it when it first came out in the US. Over time, I got several TCG decks and other Pokémon cards, and even got the Thunderstorm Gift Box for Christmas 2000. However, shortly after the e-series sets started, I started to get less Pokémon cards and have only three Ex-Series ones. In early 2003, I got into making fake Pokémon cards in the CaC Forum on the PokéGym and was very good at it. However, in more recent years, I've ended up working less and less on them and have been holding back some sets at times as a result. I have already decided to give up CaC as a result of what I've been going through.

Third, the Anime. At first, I was reluctant to watch it, but my brother got me into it and gradually, I started to like it. Over time, I would record various Pokémon episodes on tape and watch them when I wanted to. I've recored many episodes over the years and became attached to a few of them, but mainly old ones from Kanto and Johto, even though I have a few Hoenn ones I really liked. Eventually, I got a DVR and just started recording every Pokémon D&P episode that came by, but never once watched any of them via the DVD's. When it came to the movies, I've watched evry one of them at least once but at times got negligent with watching them, preferring to just watch them when they come on Cartoon Network. I think the anime is starting to wean on me as well.

Over my life with Pokémon, I've even written or started several Pokémon fics and have done a number of other projects involving Pokémon. In fact, virtually everything that was on my computer was Pokémon related. However, I've gotten to the point where I just don't care about them anymore. There have been times when I wanted things like the anime and TCG to cease and for there to be no further generations. In short, Pokémon is starting to bore me, and I've decided to retire from it. I've gone as far as to prepare anything Pokémon that hasn't already been stored away to be put into a box and stored away. After that, I'm going to go through life without Pokémon in order to break my dependency on it before accepting it as what it is really; a game, a fad, a hobby, and something I took too seriously for too long. As of this point, I'm done with Pokémon and am moving on to other things and interests and going as far as to spend more time with my family.

I don't regret having liked Pokémon and am okay with having liked it for as long as I had, but it's time for me to move on and live a better life. I'm glad to have made a few friends here and partook in several activities. I'd like to thank Crystal Clair, EmeraldSky, Omega Latios, and other members that I made friends with over the years here. Sorry, but it's time for me to leave the PokéCommunity and Pokémon itself.​

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Wow, what a history you've had with Pokemon over your life, how sad you have to quit Pokemon & the community itself :( Best Wishes for your future.

Alec_

Years
  • Goodbye!. I hope that you would sucess on your future. i also hope that you would come back ( maybe? ). I know Blessings would come to you. Thanks for being part of PokeCommunity. :DDD. And it's a great opportunity for stayin here for over 5 years. XD. Goodbye!

~Fairytales.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Well, that's a shame. You can still have pokemon as your hobby or something(if you're really really bored. Maybe you cannot take it seriously, for the sake of killing time). I've only known a few person who abruptly stop to something he/she likes. But it's your choice mate.

Good Luck!

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    You leaving != Other Chat.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

kthxbai.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back