• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm too Exploud for my own good!

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
  • exploud.png

So, I was an avid sprite artist, but I never really showed you my other artist side...and Thus that is why I am making this thread. While I may not be the best artist here, by far I am not, but I like to show off what I at least think looks good. So, Doran's Digital and Traditional art thread, go! ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM REQUEST, I promise I will take your suggestions into account in my next drawings! *note, most of these drawings were made on Marriland Oekaki*​

Groudon
    Spoiler:

Kyogre
    Spoiler:

Ocean Kyogre
    Spoiler:

Cavern Groudon
    Spoiler:

Ursungle
    Spoiler:

Volcelk
    Spoiler:

Pheonawk
    Spoiler:

Braziliant
    Spoiler:

Gastly
    Spoiler:

Exploud
    Spoiler:

Love Hina: Pokemon Version
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Sapphire Team
    Spoiler:

Mirran Myr
    Spoiler:

Invader Zim
    Spoiler:

Hellhound
    Spoiler:

Ludhia for TogeKissesXxX from MO
    Spoiler:

Sol for Suki-chan from MO
    Spoiler:

Alexsey for Maya-Kitajima from MO
    Spoiler:

Ruubie and Saphyre
    Spoiler:

Calamitas and Dominus Leaders
    Spoiler:

Sexy Saphyre
    Spoiler:

Tron Ruubie
    Spoiler:
    Cool Flygon/Sprite
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Nice work, I like it.
    Since you wanted constructive critisism, the Gastly looks a little weird and the eyes are way too small. Most else looks great. :)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Meh, Gastly's eye proportions are fine. They fall off his face in the official artwork, and I always thought it made more sense to keep them on by shrinking them. The only problem there is the right eye (the one on our left) is a lot lower than the other one.

I guess also work on your people faces. The only solution is practice, though. Try to reach an equilibrium between your frontal / angled / side views of faces (in terms of style) and practice drawing faces from all angles. Do a study of real life just to try it out. Body proportions are alright, but the shapes need to be defined a bit more. Look at a picture of a naked--or near-naked body to emulate the curves.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • MO_D_113366.png
    Ruubie and Saphyre (redo)
    MO_15266.png
    Bad Ass Whismur
    MO_D_113348.png
    Albert for Maya-Kitajima
    MO_15168.png
    Water Dragon
    MO_15276.png