• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] I'm trying to make a patch for Platinum but don't know how to start.

Vagabond+

Dream Traveler
Years
  • I'm trying to make some edits to Platinum. The idea is to make the game more difficult but still have every pokemon legal. The ideas I currently have in mind are:

1. Edit wild encounters to include Dual Slot, Swarm and PokeRadar exclusives naturally
    2. Team buffs to trainers to make the game harder
    3. Learnsets become more strategic and interesting, allowing for the tools to fight the harder bosses.

I could easily do these things with ROM Editing tools I'm familiar with, but that would change the base game of course. Can't legally distribute the changes in that case. However, when I google "how to make a patch" followed by whatever specific key words, I just get results about how to patch a game with an already existing patch instead.

I *think* the changes I listed are simple, so can I be pointed to a tutorial/program that helps me?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    rompatcher.js lets you do it right in your browser. Both patching and patch creation.

Back