• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: IMPOSSIBLE BATTLE FACTORY CHALLNEGE - NO PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT - GONE WRONG

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
That's right, no physical/special split.
Inspired by me getting into gen 3 comp a little bit.

About:
This is a small hack of Pokemon Platinum that removes the physical/special split, and takes the player straight to the Battle Factory.

FEATURES:
-Removal of the physical/special split (DUH)
-Fully edited Battle Factory rentals: EVs, items, movesets, natures
-Fully edited Battle Factory trainer's text
-Minor text edits in batte
-Faster HP bar (2x) (not shown in video)
-Added GB Sounds battle music from HGSS
-Player can choose what battle bgm they want (method shown in video is outdated--you have to leave the Battle Factory and talk to the Guitarist NPC)
-All the Clowns are named Phil/Phillip.
-All the Guitarists sing real lyrics.

ROM Base:
Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Rev 1)

Tested on DeSmuME emulator 0.9.11_x86 (if there are any emulation issues).

DOWNLOAD:
Version 3.5 https://www.mediafire.com/file/95qcge2ifocnhi9/Pokemon_-_Platinum_Version_No_PSS_v3.5.zip/file
Spoiler: Old versions

Patch using Xdelta:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Pre-physical/special split info, for those of you who don't know:
Whether a move uses the Attack stat or Special Attack stat is no longer based on the move itself, but its type.
Here is a list of whether each type is physical (uses Attack) or special (uses Special Attack):
PHYSICAL TYPES:
Normal
Rock
Ground
Flying
Fighting
Ghost
Bug
Steel
Poison
SPECIAL TYPES:
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Dragon
Psychic
Dark
Ice

Things to note:
-Hidden Power is not yet included in this hack, but if it were, it unfortunately would NOT be type-based. If this hack expands, I'll definitely get a fix for that.
-There is a Magnezone with Overheat toward the end (when your streak is nearing a gold symbol) because of the aformentioned lack of Hidden Power
and because I feel Magnezone should really learn Overheat.

Completed updates:
-v1 Revamped all 950 possible rental mons to have more appropriate stats, natures, and/or movesets.
-v2/v3 Balanced rental mons from v1/v2; turns out it WAS severely needed.
-v3 Add easychat-esque text for the Battle Factory opponents, a la gen 3.
-v3 Crunch has been reverted to lowering SpDef once again. Flash Cannon was changed to lower Def.
---(Crunch lowered SpDef in gens 2 and 3 and was changed to lower Def in gen 4 onward when it became physical; the same makes sense for Flash Cannon).
-v3.5 added ability to change battle music. Leave the Factory and talk to the Guitarist to change it.
-v3.5 updated low HP bar sound.
-v3.5 doubled HP bar speed.

MAYBE updates:
-(If severely needed) balance rental mons.
-Option to change battle music.
-Edit titlescreen.
-Change parts of intro, like naming Player and Rival.

Bugfixes:
v3.5 fixed a Parasol Lady's opening text that was just "PARASOL LADY"

This will probably be the last major update. I've already gone way further than I initially thought I would--or could.
I thought it would be interesting enough with just the PSS removed (v1), but then the movesets and stats for almost every mon SUCKED SHIT. So I redid them (v2).
And then I thought "hey this dialogue is kind of boring" and wanted to make my own EasyChat style (like gen 3's Factory) so I made this, v3.
These two updates have been more work than I anticipated, but they were also very fun and let me be creative.
At the moment I can't imagine what else I could add to make a v4, but there may be a v3.1, or even a v3.2, or something.
I also do plan to make a list of every Pokemon, its EVs, nature, moveset, and item in the future, if this ever gets traction enough to warrant it.

And maybe one day I'll do more than the Battle Factory. Like a whole game. But I fucking doubt it.

SPECIAL THANKS:
Lhea, AdAstra, HD125D for all their help and making dynamic music possible

Spoiler: Screenshots

Coincidentally, Werster started doing gen 4 Battle Factory runs today (3/6/24). What are the odds of that? It turns out, pretty good.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.png
    2.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.png
    3.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.png
    4.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.png
    5.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
UPDATE, UPPPPDATE
Version 2 is here, with big changes:
Revamped all 950 possible rental mons to have more appropriate stats, natures, and/or movesets, and a few changed mons.
I tried hard to make the sets both fun and good, but that's not easy. I tried to make all mons as viable as possible, so there may be some that are too good/too stupid.
All sets are legal, too, except one Magnezone with Overheat (toward the end so near Gold symbol) because, imo, Magnezone SHOULD learn Overheart and HP Fire isn't a thing I can do yet.

Link:
OP has been edited with the link as well.

Next update:
Add easychat-esque text for the Battle Factory opponents, a la gen 3.
(If severely needed) balance rental mons.

Please enjoy.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
VERSION 3 is here and there are massive changes (all also included in the OP).

CHECK THE OP FOR VERSION 3 DOWNLOAD LINK.

EASYCHAT DIALOGUE:
S2EUjeA.png

Dg67hQA.png

Things to note:
-Hidden Power is not yet included in this hack, but if it were, it unfortunately would NOT be type-based. If this hack expands, I'll definitely get a fix for that.
-There is a Magnezone with Overheat toward the end (when your streak is nearing a gold symbol) because of the aformentioned lack of Hidden Power
and because I feel Magnezone should really learn Overheat.

Completed updates:
-Revamped all 950 possible rental mons to have more appropriate stats, natures, and/or movesets.
-Balanced rental mons from v2; turns out it WAS severely needed.
-Add easychat-esque text for the Battle Factory opponents, a la gen 3.
-Crunch has been reverted to lowering SpDef once again. Flash Cannon was changed to lower Def.
---(Crunch lowered SpDef in gens 2 and 3 and was changed to lower Def in gen 4 onward when it became physical; the same makes sense for Flash Cannon).

MAYBE updates:
-(If severely needed) balance rental mons.
-Option to change battle music.
-Add a HeartGold version of this hack.
-Edit titlescreen.
-Change parts of intro, like naming Player and Rival.

This will probably be the last major update. I've already gone way further than I initially thought I would--or could.
I thought it would be interesting enough with just the PSS removed (v1), but then the movesets and stats for almost every mon SUCKED SHIT. So I redid them (v2).
And then I thought "hey this dialogue is kind of boring" and wanted to make my own EasyChat style (like gen 3's Factory) so I made this, v3.
These two updates have been more work than I anticipated, but they were also very fun and let me be creative.
At the moment I can't imagine what else I could add to make a v4, but there may be a v3.1, or even a v3.2, or something.

And maybe one day I'll do more than the Battle Factory. Like a whole game. But I fucking doubt it.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.png
    5.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
I thought I was done, but I couldn't help myself

Version 3.5 download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/95qcge2ifocnhi9/Pokemon_-_Platinum_Version_No_PSS_v3.5.zip/file

What's new:
-Minor text edits in batte
-Faster HP bar (2x) (not shown in video)
-Added GB Sounds battle music from HGSS
-Player can choose what battle bgm they want (method shown in video is outdated--you have to leave the Battle Factory and talk to the Guitarist NPC)

Bugfixes:
-Fixed a Parasol Lady's opening text that was just "PARASOL LADY" lol

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Version 4.0 coming soon(tm).

What will be new:
-Customizable lobby/arena music
-HP bar drains/fills even faster; 3x and 4x, respectively
-Huge rental Pokemon changes: new movesets, items, and much more... creative strategies

Back