• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen In addition to the poke following you...

How many Pokemon should follow you in HGSS

Votes: 90 79.6%

Votes: 6 5.3%

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 13 11.5%

• Total voters

Arle Kaa-kun

Wakasyamo DESU! X3
    Years
    One Pokémon at a time makes more sense. Having another Pokémon is still a crowd even with a fact known "Three's a crowd".

Devil Theory

Symphony of Destruction
    Years
    To be honest, I don't think any Pokemon should follow you.

It annoyed me enough on Pokemon Yellow, I don't want to be playing a remake that could be really good, only to have it mess up and have a bloody Eevee or something chasing me around.

Plus, it uuh, it'd get to crowded xP.

Ayselipera

I would only want to have 1 pokemon following me,
    but I think it would be funny if they made the option
    of letting all 6 follow you. I would try it just for laughs.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    I really doubt it if they would have more than one Pokemon following you, because it would be just too many. However, it would be so funny to walk all six Pokemon in a really tight or crowded space XD

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Only one pokemon should follow the trainer, anymore than 2 would be just ridiculas.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    One. Just one. More than one would be too crowed.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Maybe 2 at the most. I think it'd be great if you could choose. Like in the pokemon menu where it says: Switch, Move, Status, and any HM moves you may have. It could say Follow/ Ball depending on whether it was following you or not.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I actually didn't think it looked too bad in Ranger. And even though it may get a little annoying in HSGS, I think it'll work out pretty well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If it were following like in Ranger (ie, not restricted to walking at 90 degree angles), up to two would certainly be tolerable. But since your Pokemon walks behind you at all times and you can't get off an x-y axis of sorts, having any more than one would just get really, really annoying and fast.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I'm not even really liking having one follow you all the time, more than that is just irritating. It'd probably get confusing too.. you're supposed to be able to interact with them, but how do you interact when they keep following you? More trouble than it's worth imo.

Years
    i'd like to have two following me, cos they could go diagonally behind you (if you get me:
    -----YOU-----
    pkmn-----pkmn

then when you need to go single file it goes like:
    -----YOU-----
    -----pkmn----
    -----pkmn----

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm not even really liking having one follow you all the time, more than that is just irritating. It'd probably get confusing too.. you're supposed to be able to interact with them, but how do you interact when they keep following you? More trouble than it's worth imo.

They follow you as you walk. However, if you ever realized it, when you gently tap the control pad you can stay in the same tile, but move your direction you are facing. With this being said, it'll be fairly easy to interact with your partner Pokémon without the confusion. All you need to do when ready to talk to them is simply face them. Then, like any other person, you tap the 'A' button and talk. If you've played the Yellow version before you'll know what I mean. Not to forget, the same thing was done in Amity Square of DPPt. I think it'll be a great feature more than a hassle, as at least you are rewarded with found items at some points during travel.

i'd like to have two following me, cos they could go diagonally behind you (if you get me:
    -----YOU-----
    pkmn-----pkmn

then when you need to go single file it goes like:
    -----YOU-----
    -----pkmn----
    -----pkmn----

If the format of the game were set up like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Pokémon Ranger to allow diagonal motion, then the two Pokémon following you side by side like you exampled for us would work. However, the game's walking fixture is placed only on an X and Y axis, like mentioned earlier today. So, because of this, it really wouldn't work on how you first described it. Your second example however would be the one to work, but that is where it might get a bit annoying for the least of it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    You're already limited to the spots you can go to because there is an extra Pokemon behind you, so if two or more Pokemon followed you, they'd have to make a lot of passages bigger

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    When you moved onto Pikachu's tile in Yellow, the two of you swapped tiles.
    My point being: it cannot get cramped, only visually cluttered.

I'd go for up to three but really I'd rather not have any following me.

Back