• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

in game team help

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    So I planned my team out for my second playthrough, but i'm stuck on deciding between a few. Here's what I'm thinking:

Serperior:
    Leaf blade
    Coil
    Leech seed
    Leaf storm

Archeops:
    Rock slide
    Fly
    Sandstorm
    Acrobatics

Hydreigon:
    Dragon pulse
    Dark pulse
    Work up
    Filler

Mienshao:
    Drain punch
    Fake out
    Hi jump kick
    Aura sphere

Jellicent or Seismitoad:
    Hex or Earthquake
    Surf or Surf
    toxic or rain dance
    ice beam or waterfall

Darmanitan or Chandelure:
    fire punch or flamethrower
    belly drum or toxic
    earthquake or hex
    flare blitz or shadow ball

So I'm stuck between jellicent and darmanitan for the last two or seismitoad and chandelure for the last two.

DragonsFire128

Triforce Wielder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    I would recommend Chandelure and Seismitoad.

Chandelure would be a safer option than Darmanitan. Darmanitan's low defenses and high risk moves make it somewhat prone to being defeated early. Chandelure has the raw power to stay on par with Darmanitan, while being more resilient stat-wise and avoiding risky moves.

Seismitoad is probably a better option than Jellicent because Jellicent is focused on special defense and focused resistance, while Seismitoad is more well-rounded and reliable. Seismitoad has good defenses and a lot of hp. Combined with the fact that his only weakness is Grass, he is a very tough pokemon to take down.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    i agree with dragon's choice with seismitoad/chandelure. It will have better typing and covers some weaknesses but, I then looked at the rest of the team and was shocked that it is a great team and terrible movesets. No, offense but their moves can and should be more thought out with more variety. Serperior can be walled easily. Archeops has no reason having sandtorm your team obviously will not benefit from it. Mienshao is useless to any ghost and is 1typed on all of its moves. Seismitoad could use drain punch and toxic better than Chandelure, giving him 2 water type moves is bad waterfall is good enough. Chandelure should be more offensive than status inflicting bc it is frail too. You do know that dark pulse is an egg move and can only be obtained by transfering either a serviper or ekans/arbok who learned dark pulse by tm. Hydreigon can learn surf and use it with much more effectiveness than Seismitoad even with stab. Here's what i think you should team them and they are easy to teach.

Serperior

Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade
    Leech Seed

Archeops

Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Acrobatics
    U-Turn
    Bulldoze/Earthquake

Hydreigon

Dragon Pulse
    Surf
    Fire Blast
    Tri-Attack

Mienshao

Drain Punch/Jump Kick/Hi Jump Kick
    U-Turn/Fake Out
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Acrobatics/Aerial Ace
    It depends on how accurate you want to be.

Seismitoad

Bulldoze/Earthquake
    Drain Punch
    Toxic
    Waterfall

Chandelure

Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Psychic

just some suggestions and remember its ingame so these can take out multiple incase ur main user faints u can have a backup or 2 for almost everything.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I was actually thinking of keeping my simipour, will seismitoad be better? I have actually already bred the deino with dark pulse from an ekans, so I think replacing tri-attack would be good.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    definately replacing tri-attack wih dark pulse is great but if you didnt have access to breeding dark pulse tri-attack would be the next best thing. in my OP. I still think Seismitoad would be better bc it can handle electric types which you need to cover.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    one problem we overlooked, seismitoad cant learn waterfall =/. no other physical water moves either, so maybe changing the set to special? but that means hydreigon will kinda have a wasted surf...

Back