• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    can anyone help me with my team, something just doesn't feel right in my team.I have been losing a lot online, I battle my friends online and we do double battles usually with a partner or just ourselves.

My Team is:

Scizor
    Gengar
    Dragonite
    Blaziken
    Blastoise
    Gardevoir

I have almost every tm so moves aren't a problem and I can get literally any pokemon since me and my friends just trade breed and I can use their safari's. Please Help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You have Gardevoir and Gengar on your team, which makes you completely vulnerable to ghost- and dark-types. If I were, I'd replace either of those with some other Pokémon, such as Electivire. If you don't have one, then make a request on the GTS. You'll get an offer eventually. Once you get your hands on it, try teaching it Wild Charge, Fire Punch, Earthquake, and Ice Punch. This would give it a wide range of coverage. Also, since it's got Motor Drive, you could switch into this Pokémon whenever you're expecting the opponent to use an electric-type attack. Once it gets hit by an electric move, its Speed would be raised instantly. (: Have you EV trained your Pokémon, by the way? If not, then you definitely should!

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    You have Gardevoir and Gengar on your team, which makes you completely vulnerable to ghost- and dark-types. If I were, I'd replace either of those with some other Pokémon, such as Electivire. If you don't have one, then make a request on the GTS. You'll get an offer eventually. Once you get your hands on it, try teaching it Wild Charge, Fire Punch, Earthquake, and Ice Punch. This would give it a wide range of coverage. Also, since it's got Motor Drive, you could switch into this Pokémon whenever you're expecting the opponent to use an electric-type attack. Once it gets hit by an electric move, its Speed would be raised instantly. (: Have you EV trained your Pokémon, by the way? If not, then you definitely should!

I was thinking about getting an electric type just never knew which pokemon i should get. I heard about EV training I'm going to take that into consideration, ill do that with all my pokemon now that you can use a reset bag. thanks for helping.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • I was thinking about getting an electric type just never knew which pokemon i should get. I heard about EV training I'm going to take that into consideration, ill do that with all my pokemon now that you can use a reset bag. thanks for helping.

I agree that Electivire is an excellent electric type pokemon to use. Also keep in mind that Gardevoir and Gengar can learn Thunderbolt via TM.

It's good that you are considering EV training your pokemon, so i suggest looking up some guides online on how and the basics. A tip i have for you right off the bat, is to definitely consider natures with your pokemon that you want to EV train, as nature determines which stat will grow the strongest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2013
    Opinions?

For Gold/Silver/Crystal

I've got through the gym leaders and on to the Elite four. I'd like people's opinions on who I should choose for my team. Here it is so far, any c&c is welcome.
    Ampharos
    Arcanine
    Machamp
    Dodrio
    Dewgong
    ?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Well. I beat Mt. Battle on the first time using my team (mid 45 for them all). Then it took me a few tries, but then I beat Orre Colosseum. Changed up my team a little, now.
    What do you guys think?

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    No starter :(

You have a pretty nice balance there. If you've already made it to the Elite Four, you can probably slip in anyone you like with no worries.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    It's me again and is my team ready for the Pokemon black elite four?

Emboar Lv. 54- Heat Crash, Brick Break, Strength, Flamethrower
    Swanna- Lv. 53- Surf, Scald, Brave Bird, Fly
    Sawsbuck- Lv. 53- Jump Kick, Energy Ball, Horn Leech, Double-Edge (should I replace with Wild Charge)
    Krokodile- Lv. 55- Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Foul Play
    Klinklang- Lv. 55- Gear Shift, Gear Grind, Discharge, Flash Cannon
    Gothorita- Lv. 53- Psyshock, Future Sight, Psychic, Shadow Ball
    I need a better move set for Gothorita and Klingklang so any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    It's me again and is my team ready for the Pokemon black elite four?

Emboar Lv. 54- Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Strength, Wild Charge
    Swanna- Lv. 53- Surf, Scald, Brave Bird, Fly
    Sawsbuck- Lv. 53- Jump Kick, Energy Ball, Horn Leech, Double-Edge (should I replace with Wild Charge)
    Krokodile- Lv. 55- Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Foul Play
    Klinklang- Lv. 55- Gear Shift, Gear Grind, Discharge, Flash Cannon
    Gothorita- Lv. 53- Psyshock, Future Sight, Psychic, Shadow Ball
    I need a better move set for Gothorita and Klingklang so any suggestions?
    Emboar- Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Strength, Wild Charge first of all delete flamethrower and heat crash because emboar is not a special attacker and heat crash becomes weak later in the game try wild charge and flare blitz you can get flare blitz in the early 60s and wild charge is in victory road and is generally a great move for physical attackers like emboar and also coverage
    Swanna Surf, Blizzard, Brave Bird, Fly
    try blizzard for varity you can get it in icirrus city's pokemart
    Krokodile- Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Brick Break/Rock Slide
    for krookodile delete foul play for either brick break or rock slide rock slide takes out bug and ice and flying but brick break takes out other darks and ice types rock slide is in icirrus pokecenter but rock slide is in mistralton cave 3rd floor it's your choice
    Klinklang- Shift Gear, Gear Grind, Return,Wild Charge
    this is klinklang's typical set plus klinklang has abysmal sp.attack so yeah and like emboar coverage
    Sawsbuck- - Jump Kick, Wild Charge, Horn Leech, Double-Edge
    you notice there is a lot of pokemon with wild charge because it's such a cool move for physical attackers and gives coverage for sawsbuck it's instead of energy ball
    haxorus- outrage/dragon claw,bulldoze,brick break/x-scissor,dragon dance
    for the last spot how about a haxorus it's such a cool pokemon you can get it as an axew in mistralton cave dragon claw until you get outrage bulldoze since you can't get earthquake until post-game brick break or x-scissor depending on which you like and dragon dance is obligatory

Years
  • Snorky Stallers

Blissey (F) @ Ganlon Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Sweet Kiss
    - Attract
    - Seismic Toss

Shuckle @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
    Relaxed Nature
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Wrap
    - Protect

Forretress @ Focus Band
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature
    - Spikes
    - Facade
    - Explosion
    - Protect

Meganium @ Apicot Berry
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Synthesis
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
    Ability: Soundproof
    EVs: 252 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Substitute
    - Psychic

Umbreon @ BrightPowder
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Safeguard
    - Confuse Ray
    - Torment
    - Moonlight

Strategy: this team is meant to stall and whittle away my foe. RMT.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Im having an issue with arcanine...

I have a growlith currently lvl 28 and im going to evolve it into arcanine and this is what it was...

-Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Wild Charge/Crunch
    -Close Combat
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/176 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

I reciently figured out that close combat and wild charge is an egg move.
    so when should i evolve my growlith and what should that 4th move be?
    If i evolve it after growlith learns crunch, can i still get extreme speed via heart scale?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    if you have black and white 2 it gets outrage at level 43 so use that instead of extremspeed

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Hi all I'm new here, hope this is ok, read the rules for the thread and I've done the best I can

Here's my team atm, they're all basically just past level 50, in Pokemon X (The type at the end is the moveset I'm using them with, not their type, eg. Lucario is Fighting/Steel not Fighting/Ground).

Delphox - Fire/Psychic

Psychic

Psyshock (or Future Sight?)

Fire Blast

Flamethrower

Blastoise - Water

Hydro Cannon

Surf

Waterfall

Hydro Pump(? Should I keep bite instead?)

Luxray - Electric/Dark

Thunder

Thunderbolt

Crunch

Bite

Gengar - Ghost/Poison/Fairy/(and Psychic?)

Psychic

Sludge Bomb

Shadowball

Dazzling Gleam

May replace

Lucario - Fighting/Ground

Aura Sphere

Rock Smash

Me First

Bone Rush

Likely to replace

Haxorus - Dragon/Normal

Strength

Cut

Draco Meteor

Dragon Pulse

I'm not sure if this is a 'done thing' but I found a fairly good team builder here* not that I can use link yet, based on the current team, it looks like I'm fairly balanced except I have 4 weaknesses to ground - add a flying(/something?) type I suppose? Annoyingly whoever I repalce Haxorus with, will also have to have no weaknesses/be resistent to ground and so will Lucario if I sub him out

* marriland com 661|1589|1100|1264|1057|746

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • Hi, I already got 3 pokemon in my team but I need their best movesets, nature, abilty and item. Here are the pokemon

Snorlax
    Florges
    Forretress

Oh I need Forretress for rapid spinner

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    @sicnarf913 natures are sort of variably good, you basically have to ask yourself 'what's this pokemon's best trait, and its least relevant feature' so it'll likely be either spd/att/sp att (maybe sp def or def), and then the other stat that is less relevant.

You combine these two together, and find the nature which suits, so if you want speed and don't care about sp def, the best nature for you is 'Hasty', ect, there are some useful tables out there to determine that.

their best movesets depend on their best stats, for example, snorlax is probably going to be best with defence/attack, so physical attacks will be his strong suit (I believe),

ability, that's personal preference, you'd need to research which ability you want based upon your build/s

item, same thing, something that will enhance the built you're going for.

By the way, surely you'll be wanting more than 3 pokemon in your team? It just doesn't make sense not to have 6 when you can right?

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • I'm making my own competitive team @Conza

Okay, my competitive team is done! Tell me if you want me to change some moves, nature or items.

Greninja (M) @ Mystic Water
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Ice Beam

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
    Ability: Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature