• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Recommend me one more Pokemon for my team

This is my first thread so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I just picked up crystal again as a pass time in-between class. This is an online flash so I can only use in-game acquirable pokemon :( .. Anyways I'm planning the team I want to eventually get to and can't pick a sixth.

Some guidelines on this: I wont be posting desired move sets for the Pokemon I've already picked, I just want them because I like them. If you want to suggest diff Pokemon by all means, I'm open to all advise, but recommend the 6th Pokemon first please.

My goal team so far:

1. Typhlosion
    -Of course my starter is one

2. Crobat
    -tired of pidgey/spearow
    -unsure about skarmory w/no evo
    -always thought noctowl was weak

3. Starmie
    -he's the multi-tool of water types
    -Bored of gyarados path

4. Tyranitar
    -duh

5. Electabuzz
    -love brutal electrics
    -odd egg was a pain but worth the effort so I gotta use it

6.???
    -maybe heracross, umbreon, Venasaur I don't know, too many to pick
    -looking for something to round out the team
    -not really looking for a normal type tank.. I find them boring.

Again this is only for in-game fun! If you suggest diff Pokemon I'd like a move set for them because this is all I've looked up into detail so far.

Any suggestions would be great!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    How about an abra/kadabra? Or some other pokemon with psychic abilities?

Good luck catching an abra! :D

From Laurentum

A Newbie in the Community
    Years
  • How about a ghost-type Pokemon for your team? Like Gengar. ;) Ghost-type Pokemon are cool! A psychic-type Pokemon like Hypno or Alakazam would be cool too. If you don't have yet the Rising Badge, which you can get by defeating Clair of Blackthorn city gym, I also recommend that you catch and train an ice-type Pokemon or any Pokemon that can learn ice-type moves as it would be beneficial in battling Clair. Well, just my two penn'orth. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    I was thinking I might need a dedicated psychic type instead of just psychic on starmie, but I hate kadabra because I cant have alakazam.. Same story with gengar to.

I wouldn't mind trying out hypno, but how do you guys feel about either umbreon or espeon?

Also As for Clair, I do have ice-punch at the ready so I'm sure I'll do fine there

Again thanks for the help!

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
  • This is actually going to be a goofy team that I'm gonna use with my friends in X/Y but I feel like the question didn't necessitate a whole thread. The team is totally gengar themed.
    I have so far for the general ideas:
    Mega Gengar- wall breaker set with Destiny bond, taunt, shadow ball, focus blast
    Physical Gengar- probably sub-punch and some coverage attacks or something
    Sweeper special Gengar with either specs or life orb
    Clefable- lot of people say it's a living gengar so it fits.
    Zoroark- some kind of nasty plot set, obviously disguised as another Gengar, especially to take a psychic attack
    Cloyster- some people liken cloyster to a gastly so it fits the theme. shell smash skill link

The issue I'm seeing here is that I don't really have a lot of bulk/support
    I like what I have here, but clefable is the only really bulky one, especially if cloyster smashes it's shell. it would probably help to give one of he gengars hypnosis+dream eater combo since it's so iconic, or toxic/will-o-wisp for support moves.

Mostly looking for opinions/thoughts of other stuff that fits well with the gengar theme/major glaring weaknesses/ ect . keep in mind I'm not extremely concerned about the competitive viability of this team, as I'm mostly gonna use it to battle my friends and randoms on wifi. I can't really seem to find anything in theme for hazards either. I don't have movesets for all of them yet, as this is kind of a spur of the moment thing, but that's all I could think of, in theme at least, (besides eviolite haunter)

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • Hello I need help for my Soul Silver team, i just defeated Chuck at Cianwood Gym, and I don't know what to catch for the remaining of the game, my current team is:

Feraligatr Lvl 35 (Serious)
    Headbutt
    Ice Fang
    Surf (I want Waterfall or Aqua Tail here)
    Crunch

Gengar Lvl 30 (Mild)
    Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Confuse Ray
    Night Shade

Magmortar Lvl 29 (Rash)
    Confuse Ray
    Fire Punch
    SmokeScreen
    Faint Attack

Nidoking Lvl 29 (Hardy)
    Poison Sting
    Peck
    Horn Attack
    Double Kick

I think I need a flying type, which one do you like? (I don't want Pidgetto or Fearow)

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • Hello I need help for my Soul Silver team, i just defeated Chuck at Cianwood Gym, and I don't know what to catch for the remaining of the game, my current team is:

Feraligatr Lvl 35 (Serious)
    Headbutt
    Ice Fang
    Surf (I want Waterfall or Aqua Tail here)
    Crunch

Gengar Lvl 30 (Mild)
    Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Confuse Ray
    Night Shade

Magmortar Lvl 29 (Rash)
    Confuse Ray
    Fire Punch
    SmokeScreen
    Faint Attack

Nidoking Lvl 29 (Hardy)
    Poison Sting
    Peck
    Horn Attack
    Double Kick

I think I need a flying type, which one do you like? (I don't want Pidgetto or Fearow)

If you want a good flying type Skarmory would be a good choice but you can't get Skarmory til later in the game. Honchkrow is good as well and so is Togekiss but you can't get them til you get 16 badges. Then there's also Crobat which is a complete monster. What you really need is an electric Pokemon because it will make things so much easier later in the game, trust me. You can either pick up a Mareep under Violet City or get Flaaffy in the route above Mahogany town and west of Mahogany town. I believe there's more locations but these are the easiest to find them at. Flaaffy will only be level 15 or 16 so you'll need to do a ton of grinding but Ampharos is straight boss in that game so it's totally worth the hassle. Or you can go with a Pokemon like Jolteon, WHICH is a very good choice but a terrible move pool, especially it's level up moves. I would recommend Lanturn as a choice but you have a Feraligatr so he's sorta useless. The reason I say Lanturn is he's water & electric type and if he has volt absorb so electric Pokemon that use electric moves wont harm him instead give him health and he's strong against ground.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    my platinum pokemon team

Hey everyone... I was building a new team for Platinum, and I got this one...

Lucario
    Aggron
    Milotic
    Salamence
    Luxray
    Gallade

Can anyone tell me if this team is any good or not? And should I replace Aggron with Rhyperior? And Milotic with Gyarados? Please reply soon!!! Thanks!

P.S. I would pick Tyranitar over Aggron and Rhyperior anytime but I'm not that far in the game yet!

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    This is my first thread so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I just picked up crystal again as a pass time in-between class. This is an online flash so I can only use in-game acquirable pokemon :( .. Anyways I'm planning the team I want to eventually get to and can't pick a sixth.

Some guidelines on this: I wont be posting desired move sets for the Pokemon I've already picked, I just want them because I like them. If you want to suggest diff Pokemon by all means, I'm open to all advise, but recommend the 6th Pokemon first please.

My goal team so far:

1. Typhlosion
    -Of course my starter is one

2. Crobat
    -tired of pidgey/spearow
    -unsure about skarmory w/no evo
    -always thought noctowl was weak

3. Starmie
    -he's the multi-tool of water types
    -Bored of gyarados path

4. Tyranitar
    -duh

5. Electabuzz
    -love brutal electrics
    -odd egg was a pain but worth the effort so I gotta use it

6.???
    -maybe heracross, umbreon, Venasaur I don't know, too many to pick
    -looking for something to round out the team
    -not really looking for a normal type tank.. I find them boring.

Again this is only for in-game fun! If you suggest diff Pokemon I'd like a move set for them because this is all I've looked up into detail so far.

Any suggestions would be great!

Yo. You generally shouldn't be fussing too much about ingame teams, use what you feel like using in this playthrough! That's the beauty of it. It doesn't need to be spectacular, just fun. Keep in mind you can't get Tyranitar until you've virtually finished the game. And Venasaur is unobtainable. You've got a nice mix going on there though. For a sixth go for something you really don't like, or usually don't use. Maybe Smeargle, Shuckle, Rhydon, Pinsir, Ursaring or Misdreavus. It's really up to you!

Hey everyone... I was building a new team for Platinum, and I got this one...

Lucario
    Aggron
    Milotic
    Salamence
    Luxray
    Gallade

Can anyone tell me if this team is any good or not? And should I replace Aggron with Rhyperior? And Milotic with Gyarados? Please reply soon!!! Thanks!

P.S. I would pick Tyranitar over Aggron and Rhyperior anytime but I'm not that far in the game yet!

I wouldn't go with Rhyperior, it doesn't have much over Aggron and just gains more weaknesses. Milotic is a pretty decent tank and can lay out some huge hits, but if you're looking for something more Physical you could go with Gyarados, though it looks like you're loaded on physical attackers. You do already have two fighters and two steel though, so that might be something to think about. Maybe consider taking out Lucario or Gallade and adding something Fire/Grass/Poison/Bug. But you look set anyway to sweep the game.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • Hello I'm playing Diamond again, I just defeated Roark, my team so far is:

Grotle Lvl. 18
    Staravia Lvl. 16

That's all I have, I think I need a water type but I don't know if I should go with Floatzel, I think I'll catch a Meditite and a Sneasel too, which ones do you reccomend?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking forward to being part of the community :)
    I am playing FR and would really appreciate you guys input and opinions on this, I am simply looking for a decent moveset for my feraligatr, and best nature (Gen 3 only!! as everywhere I look is gen 4 ;-;). I have looked at its learnset but cannot come up with a moveset im happy with :/ I am aware that it has high atk and low sp.atk. O and I'm only battling ingame if that makes any difference.

I got my feraligatr (well currently its a totadile but it will eventually evolve) from a gameshark and currently am going to consist my team with venasaur, blazikin and feraligatr as I wanted to use 1 starter from each gen3 and of each type. Not sure what the rest of my team will be yet but thinking of getting a strong water type to compensate for feraligatr's weak sp.atk, although not sure if its worth it as fire types can be dealt with rock, and ground/rock types can be dealt with venasaur. What do you guys think? Personally I dont like having 2 types the same in my team but am considering vaporeon just because I rarely have it, normally go for jolteon.
    Thank you in advance :D

I realised I haven't put my idea for a final moveset, so here it is:

Earthquake
    Surf
    Slash/Body slam
    Hyper beam

with a nature that increases Atk/Sp.Atk and decreases Sp. Def/Speed

Im not happy with it though as it has 1/0 moves that it actually learns and I dont like getting natures that decrease any def stat but if I'm going to have hyper beam i guess I need speed. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Can't decide between the dragons

I have recently started my first play through of Y, and I'd like to cement a party early on, but I can't decide between all the dragon types, and would like to avoid double-typing. Among the pokemon I have caught so far are an Axew, a Bagon, and the Tyrunt from the jaw fossil, all of which are dragon. The axew and the baton has been trained only slightly (the axew a bit more, but negligibly), the tyrut I just got. I also know that later on I can catch a gible and/or a Goomy, and was wondering which of these dragons would be the best investment later on? So basically, its a debate between Haxorus, Salamence, Tyrantrum, Garchomp, and Goodra. If Hydreigon is an option too then he's included in the decision making. So, which one do you think is the best? The other pokemon that will be in my party will be a chesnaught, a blastoise, and a blaziken.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Goodra is full on Dragon, ain't it?
    Yeah its just that it is stupidly fairy-ish looking lol
    If you are that kind of dragon-guy, go for gible so you ll eventually get an high level mega garchomp when you get to the post-game .
    Also pick salamence if you want one pokemon which can use Fly

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Goodra is full on Dragon, ain't it?

Yeah Goodra is pure dragon.

Personally I'd go for Dragalge for my dragon, it has a cool Poison/Dragon typing.

Out of your options, they're all great pokemon. (although very few dragons would be considered weak) I'd probably go for Salamence.

VAHZZ

Reborn
    Years
  • Personally I would go for Dragonite, despite the stone edge weakness it is actually fearsome. Or you could go for Dragalge for that nice poison typing, so you wouldn't have to worry about those pesky faries.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Hawlucha, Tyrunt, Honedge or Fletchling?

My current team on Y is Combusken, Wartortle, Quilladin and Snorlax and I'm debating which of these I should use. Hawlucha and Honedge have pretty nice attack stats but I also want a Talonflame to hatch eggs for shiny hunting. At the same time I'd like to train honedge for shiny hunting aswell since he can learn false swipe.

I also have a boxed froakie I got from wonder trade if anyone thinks it's a good idea to take out wartortle.

Suggestions?

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    For utility uses, I definitely would train up Fletchling to at least Fletchinder for fly and flame body first. The ability to provide faster egg hatches, to fly, and only take up 1 slot on the team is great for a breeder/ shiny hunter as you said.

Personally I would train Honedge next. Again for the utility use of false swipe for catching pokes in general, like you said, and being a strong overall poke. Then I would probably train Hawlucha next purely because Tyrantrum, at this point in time, isn't as strong as his potential lets him be. By this I mean his HA in Rock head in combination with the strongest physical rock move Head Smash, of which the former is not available yet. Sure he is still viable without this combo, but I'd rather use him to what I believe is the best of his potential than at all (well a least until his HA comes out).

Good luck on your choice, hope this helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back