• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Increase the badge count limit (Fire Red)

Years
    The hackrom I'm working on has more than 8 badges, and I wish it would count more than 8 badges on the continue screen, and when I want to save, like Liquid Crystal or FireGold. How can I increase the badge count? And how can I define which flags increase the counter?

Years
    • Seen today
    The hackrom I'm working on has more than 8 badges, and I wish it would count more than 8 badges on the continue screen, and when I want to save, like Liquid Crystal or FireGold. How can I increase the badge count? And how can I define which flags increase the counter?

You would have to modify the code related to the trainer card (trainer_card.c in the decomp) and the continue screen (main_menu.c in the decomp).
    With binary hacking you might use FireGold's code which is available here.

Years
    • Seen today
    Oops, I didn't expect it to require decomp, I figured maybe hex editing. Well, at the moment I can't do anything about it.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

No, decomp is not required. As with any code change, you can locate the relevant machine code within the rom file and change it with an ASM or C injection, or even hex editing. But it's obviously a lot easier with the decomp because there you have all of the game's code in easy to read and edit text files that you can simply change with any text editor, without any ASM knowledge.

But like I said, the code needed to do this with binary hacking has already been created and you simply have to apply FireGold's code to your rom.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2024

I agree. I'm making a rom hack just for me, but I'm still having trouble adding johto maps while trying to change the events.

Back