• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Increased stats for shinies

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Using 17.2 for my new project Pokemon Chronocom.

I want to make shiny hunting more appealing. One way to do that is make Shiny Pokemon be more powerful then their regular versions statwise.

How would I need to change my scripts in order to have Shiny Pokemon have increased stat values (both my own and wild Pokemon)?

Tried searching the forums, only found a thread out of 2015 that did not help me with what I wanted :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Oh that is not that difficult, once you figure it out hehe. I had help admittingly.

Step 1: Ctrl+Shift+F "# Returns the maximum HP of this Pokémon."

Replace what is below that line with:
    def calcHP(base,level,iv,ev)
    return 1 if base==1
    base = (base * 1.1).floor if isShiny?
    ret = ((base*2+iv+(ev>>2))*level/100).floor+level+10
    return ret
    end

Step 2: Ctrl+Shift+F "# Returns the specified stat of this Pokémon (not used for total HP)."

Replace what is below that line with:
    def calcStat(base,level,iv,ev,pv)
    base = (base * 1.1).floor if isShiny?
    return ((((base*2+iv+(ev>>2))*level/100).floor+5)*pv/100).floor
    end

That should do the trick.

Credit goes to stochastic, the creator of Pokemon Empyrean and Kota of the Empyrean Fangame Discord server for helping me out.

Back