• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Increasing Mart Items' Cost based on a Variable

Years
    • Seen today
    So, I'm trying to balance the Game's Economy here (Its ridiculous how you struggle to buy 10 Potions in the beginning but can buy 50 Hyper Potions easily by the time you reach the League) & I'm thinking of doing that by making items cost more as the game progresses. (I know that we can achieve this by 1-line scripts like setPrice but its kinda tiring to do that for ALL the items in the Mart, 1 at a time.)

To put into simpler words, I'm looking for a Custom Script which increases both the Purchase & Selling Prices (or maybe just the Purchase Prices only) of all Items by a certain percentage. The percentage is given by a formula that makes use of a value from a variable. Maybe even make the script be turned on/off by a switch? That would help too :P

For an example, say the formula is this: (100+(x*5))%
    where x is... say, the number of Gym Badges. (I am aware that the number of Gym Badges is already stored elsewhere & not in a user-defined variable, but just assume this case for the sake of the example) Thus, the items are 40% costlier by the time you finish Gym 8, but only 25% when you finish Gym 5 & so on.

So, any help here? Thanks in advance! :)

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    There is no "quick" solution, you will have to line script regardless, not all items individually, but line script nonetheless. Sorry.

Back