• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Plateau Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Robbie had finally caught Rattata, fair and square. He would give Rattata a rest before calling him out again. As this was the first Pokémon he had caught, Robbie felt that this warranted Rattata a nickname. "I know! I'll call you Rizzo! Rizzo the Rattata!" Robbie chuckled after he said this, feeling nostalgic of the days where he would sit down and watch The Muppets after a hard day at school. He smiled as he reminisced about his younger days. Suddenly remembering where he was, Robbie concured that it was getting darker. 'I've gotta get to Viridian' he thought to himself. Shifting himself along, he started to reflect back on today's events. So far, he had started a Pokémon Adventure, battled a trainer (although he had lost) and caught a Rattata. He concluded that this was a good day's work, and went on his way towards Viridian City.

Within about 30 minutes, Robbie had got there. There weren't many people out on the streets for a city like Viridian, so Robbie glanced at his watch. It was 9 pm, which was moderately late. After walking through the almost bereft city, Robbie noticed several shops selling Pok
    émon goods and services. These shops were all closed, which didn't surprise Robbie. However, he soon stumbled across a Pokémon centre, with an illuminous red sign above it, and a flashing 'PC' in white letters. He would have to stay here tonight. After a brief conversation with Nurse Joy, Robbie had obtained a temporary room to stay in for the night. Feeling quite exhausted, Robbie dragged himself to his room and got ready for bed. He set his alarm for 7 am so he could look at some shops. The rookie got into his bed, looking out of the window opposite. The lampposts illuminated the stone street, giving it a wet shine. Drawing his curtains, Robbie started to drift off. This was perhaps the best day of his life, and Robbie smiled as he considered this, before finally falling asleep. Tomorrow would hopefully be better.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Just a heads up, guys: A little while after everyone arrives in Viridian City I will begin Chapter 2. No need to rush though, take your time :)

Alysa

Mew (Myuu) the New Species
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Nine sighed and got to her feet, it had been a little over an hour since she hat sat down and she glanced at Vee. Remembering that she would need a place to stay for the night she sighed. She hadn't made Vee battle in a while and she decided to give it a try again.

"Vee?" she asked prodding the little pokemon with her hend gently, "Vee, would you like to battle again?"

Vee lifted her head into the air a little grogilly and squeaked a small reply, while nudging her nose agains't Nine's chest. "O-Wee-vee"

Nine giggled and helped Vee down from the bench where they were sitting. "Come on Vee let's go back to Route 1 where we saw that trainer, I'm sure we could find something to battle there"

Vee padded alongside Nine. It was almost 9:15pm and Vee seemed to be full of energy. As the two approached Route 1, a startled pokemon fluttered by, nearly flapping right into Vee. It stopped and looked up at Vee and then chirped.

"Pidg, Pip"

Vee understood and piped up, then got into the battle position. As Nine watched, she now understood that this Pidgey was challenging them to a battle, not a battle to hurt one another but a battle to train. Nine asumed her position and was ready to give the order.

Pidgey Vs. Vee

"Okay Vee let's get this started. Are you ready?" asked Nine.
    "Vee!"
    "Okay good, let's kick things off with a Tail Whip attack!"

*Vee used Tail Whip
    *Pidgey's Defence Fell

Pidgey recoiled back, as it's outer strength was sapped, it let out a caw of frustration. The released it's energy in a rushing attack. Nine saw this to be Pidgey's Tackle.

*Pidgey used Tackle
    *Vee's health fell

"Oh Vee, please!" cried Nine.

Vee jumped back up, and narrowed her eyes at the Pidgey. Nine gave another order.

"Vee use Tail Whip and then while it's defence is falling use your Tackle Attack"

*Vee used Tail Whip
    *Pidgey's Defence Fell
    *Vee used Tackle
    *Pidgey Fainted

Winner: Vee

Nine walked over to the fallen Pidgey and scooped it up in her arms. Carefully because it was wild she applied some Potion to the Pidgey's body. Once the Potion had seeped in Pidgey was brought back to full health.

"There you are Pidgey, good as new. May I scan you into my Pokedex please?" asked Nine gently.

Pidgey ruffled it's feathers and stood still long enough for Nine to get it's Data scanned. Once she was done she thanked it.

"Alright, off you go now Pidgey, thank-you for the battle"

Nine looked down at Vee and then knelt beside her. "Great job Vee you won your first battle against a wild pokemon." Nine picked up Vee and headed back to Viridian City to the Pokemon Center where she would get Vee a nice room to sleep in. It was another 18 minutes before she reached the Center. The Nurse took Vee and showed Nine to her room, where she quickly fell asleep on the bed. Vee licked Nurse Joy's face and wagged her tail happily.

Who knew what tomorrow would hold....

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    A little more battle detail next time Alysa, but besides that, Good Job!
    --------------------------------------------
    Nine's Eevee Leveled Up! Eevee is Lv. 6!
    Also hurry up and get to Viridian City, because I'm starting Chapter 2 tomorrow evening!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Zac and Volt cotinued walking down the route. Volt was acting as if he were the leader and walked in front of Zac. Zac looked at Volt closely, making sure he was ok from the earlier battle, and appearently was.

Zac looked up and saw a boy about his age, but just a few years older. He had brown messy hair, wore a white shirt, and blue jeans.

"Hiya! My name is Zac! Wanna have a battle?" Zac asked noticing that the boy had a Squirtle. Volt looked up at the boy, and then quickly looked away not interested.

Max grinned at the boy. "I'm up for it," he said cockily as Squirtle came up in front of him. "But I don't think your Pikachu is."

Pikachu glanced at Max before turning away with a disdainful sniff. "Pi." Zac just shrugged, looking as if he didn't know what to do.

"Well, if you're not going to start, we will! Squirtle, Tackle!"

"Squi!" Squirtle said happily as it bounded forward on all fours. Pikachu still had its back form, and thus didn't realize it was being attacked until too late.

"Chuu!" Pikachu yelled out in both shock and pain as it tumbled forward. Jumping to its feet, Pikachu let out a low snarl as it glared, its cheeks sparking.

"That's the spirit!" Zac said, pumping a fist with happiness. "Thundershock!"

"Pika," Pikachu said in annoyance, as if it already knew what to do. "Chuuu!"

"Squuui!" Squirtle yelled, body going stiff as the electricity pumped through its veins, leaving it nothing more than a smoking clump.

"Get up, Squirtle," Max spat at his pokemon. "Get up and use Tackle!"

"Turt," Squirtle said it fought to get to its feet, a determined expression on its face.

"Pikachu let's go! Thundershock again!" Zac said. Pikachu growled, and instead of zapping Squirtle, he zapped Zack instead. "Ouch! What's your problem?" Zac angrily asked his Pokemon.

"Pi," was all he said. Zac figured he didn't like getting comands from him. Pikachu turned back towards the Squirtle as it began bounding towards him again. Pikachu jumped in to the air, dodging the Squirtle's attack, and landed on the ground softly, but Squirtle slammed into Pikachu because Pikachu paid the Squirtle no attention.

"Pikaaa!" he yelled. He tumbled foreward and slammed in to a tree, but got up and shook himself, getting rid of the stars he began to see in his eyes. Zac gulped, wondering how he could win this if Pikachu wouldn't listen to him.

Max watched the whole exchange, a sly smily coming to his face. This Pikachu didn't obey its trainer's commands, and even though he had the weakness right now, if the pokemon didn't listen, he could still win. "Squirtle, draw Pikachu in with Tail Whip."

"No, don't look at it!" Zac commanded.

Pikachu, who had its back turned, simply turned to face Squirtle as if to spite the trainer. Max's grin only widened as the Pikachu's face brightened with eagerness as it bounded towards the hypnotic tail, looking as if it wanted to touch the tail. "Chuu..."

"Now!" Max roared, not wanting waste this opportunity.

"Squiir!" Squirtle roared as it too saw the weakened defense in Pikachu's stance and quickly slammed its hard shell body into the electric mouse.

"Chaa!" Pikachu spat, tumbling backwards, its eyes wide with shock, and anger and dizziness. "Chaa," it moaned.

"Come on, Pikachu, you can do it!" Zac pleaded. "Thundershock!" Pikachu just laid there, but Max wondered if something else might happen. Zac's eyes widened with shock as if Pikachu might faint then and there.

Pikachu then wobbled up to his feet and stared at the Squirtle, exhaustion and disgust on his face. "Pika," he muttered. He then leapt in to the air towards SWquirtle, and smacked the Squirtle's head with his tail. Squirtle looked back at Pikachu as he landed and backed up a few paces... he was obviously dizzy.

Pikachu stood up on all fours, and Squirtle bent over a little. Then the two Pokemon rocketed over towards each other. They slammed in to one another, and flew back sending dust flying in to the air, and hiding the outcome of what had just happened from their trainers. Zac and Max waited for what seemed like hours, waiting to see what had happened.

As Max squinted to see what happened, he almost let out a sigh of disappointment. Almost, as he had already expected something similar when he realized the Pikachu didn't listen to its trainer. Heck, he had expected a loss earlier on when he realized the odds were against him.

"Look's like its a draw," Max said as he recalled his panting Squirtle. Both were not knocked out, but just too tired to move. He held out a hand.

Zac sighed as he glanced at his Pikachu before returning it. "Yea, I guess so." He shook Max's hand firmly. "Look's like we both got a lot of work ahead of us."

Max nodded in agreement. "Especially you with that Pikachu," he said with a rather cocky grin. "I suppose I'll see you later."

Zac gave a small laugh. "Yea, you too."

With one final wave, the two went their separate ways to the next town. Zac sighed as he continued staring at Pikachu's Pokeball. "So much work ahead, Volt. Oh! I can't believe I kept calling you Pikachu instead of Volt during the battle! I bet that's why you wouldn't obey me." Zac slapped his forehead and sighed again. He couldn't wait until his next battle with Max.

END

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Max vs. Zac

Zac and Volt cotinued walking down the route. Volt was acting as if he were the leader and walked in front of Zac. Zac looked at Volt closely, making sure he was ok from the earlier battle, and appearently was.

Zac looked up and saw a boy about his age, but just a few years older. He had brown messy hair, wore a white shirt, and blue jeans.

"Hiya! My name is Zac! Wanna have a battle?" Zac asked noticing that the boy had a Squirtle. Volt looked up at the boy, and then quickly looked away not interested.

Max grinned at the boy. "I'm up for it," he said cockily as Squirtle came up in front of him. "But I don't think your Pikachu is."

Pikachu glanced at Max before turning away with a disdainful sniff. "Pi." Zac just shrugged, looking as if he didn't know what to do.

"Well, if you're not going to start, we will! Squirtle, Tackle!"

"Squi!" Squirtle said happily as it bounded forward on all fours. Pikachu still had its back form, and thus didn't realize it was being attacked until too late.

"Chuu!" Pikachu yelled out in both shock and pain as it tumbled forward. Jumping to its feet, Pikachu let out a low snarl as it glared, its cheeks sparking.

"That's the spirit!" Zac said, pumping a fist with happiness. "Thundershock!"

"Pika," Pikachu said in annoyance, as if it already knew what to do. "Chuuu!"

"Squuui!" Squirtle yelled, body going stiff as the electricity pumped through its veins, leaving it nothing more than a smoking clump.

"Get up, Squirtle," Max spat at his pokemon. "Get up and use Tackle!"

"Turt," Squirtle said it fought to get to its feet, a determined expression on its face.

"Pikachu let's go! Thundershock again!" Zac said. Pikachu growled, and instead of zapping Squirtle, he zapped Zack instead. "Ouch! What's your problem?" Zac angrily asked his Pokemon.

"Pi," was all he said. Zac figured he didn't like getting comands from him. Pikachu turned back towards the Squirtle as it began bounding towards him again. Pikachu jumped in to the air, dodging the Squirtle's attack, and landed on the ground softly, but Squirtle slammed into Pikachu because Pikachu paid the Squirtle no attention.

"Pikaaa!" he yelled. He tumbled foreward and slammed in to a tree, but got up and shook himself, getting rid of the stars he began to see in his eyes. Zac gulped, wondering how he could win this if Pikachu wouldn't listen to him.

Max watched the whole exchange, a sly smily coming to his face. This Pikachu didn't obey its trainer's commands, and even though he had the weakness right now, if the pokemon didn't listen, he could still win. "Squirtle, draw Pikachu in with Tail Whip."

"No, don't look at it!" Zac commanded.

Pikachu, who had its back turned, simply turned to face Squirtle as if to spite the trainer. Max's grin only widened as the Pikachu's face brightened with eagerness as it bounded towards the hypnotic tail, looking as if it wanted to touch the tail. "Chuu..."

"Now!" Max roared, not wanting waste this opportunity.

"Squiir!" Squirtle roared as it too saw the weakened defense in Pikachu's stance and quickly slammed its hard shell body into the electric mouse.

"Chaa!" Pikachu spat, tumbling backwards, its eyes wide with shock, and anger and dizziness. "Chaa," it moaned.

"Come on, Pikachu, you can do it!" Zac pleaded. "Thundershock!" Pikachu just laid there, but Max wondered if something else might happen. Zac's eyes widened with shock as if Pikachu might faint then and there.

Pikachu then wobbled up to his feet and stared at the Squirtle, exhaustion and disgust on his face. "Pika," he muttered. He then leapt in to the air towards SWquirtle, and smacked the Squirtle's head with his tail. Squirtle looked back at Pikachu as he landed and backed up a few paces... he was obviously dizzy.

Pikachu stood up on all fours, and Squirtle bent over a little. Then the two Pokemon rocketed over towards each other. They slammed in to one another, and flew back sending dust flying in to the air, and hiding the outcome of what had just happened from their trainers. Zac and Max waited for what seemed like hours, waiting to see what had happened.

As Max squinted to see what happened, he almost let out a sigh of disappointment. Almost, as he had already expected something similar when he realized the Pikachu didn't listen to its trainer. Heck, he had expected a loss earlier on when he realized the odds were against him.

"Look's like its a draw," Max said as he recalled his panting Squirtle. Both were not knocked out, but just too tired to move. He held out a hand.

Zac sighed as he glanced at his Pikachu before returning it. "Yea, I guess so." He shook Max's hand firmly. "Look's like we both got a lot of work ahead of us."

Max nodded in agreement. "Especially you with that Pikachu," he said with a rather cocky grin. "I suppose I'll see you later."

Zac gave a small laugh. "Yea, you too."

With one final wave, the two went their separate ways to the next town. Zac sighed as he continued staring at Pikachu's Pokeball. "So much work ahead, Volt. Oh! I can't believe I kept calling you Pikachu instead of Volt during the battle! I bet that's why you wouldn't obey me." Zac slapped his forehead and sighed again. He couldn't wait until his next battle with Max.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    That was a great PvP battle guys! Awesome! And I noticed that you guys had pre-cooridinated that together privately, too. Two thumbs up.
    ---------------------------------------
    Zac's Pikachu Leveled Up! Zac's Pikachu Leveled Up! Pikachu is Level 7! Pikachu is Level 8! Pikachu Learned "Tail Whip"!
    ---------------------------------------
    Max's Squirtle Leveled Up! Max's Squirtle Leveled Up! Squirtle is Level 7! Squirtle is Level 8! Squirtle Learned "Bubble"!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 1, part IV(I think)

Zac smiled gleefully as he entered Viridian City. The city wasn't as crowded as he figured it would be, but it was a little bustling still. He quickly looked around and walked over to the Pokemon Center, to get Volt healed.

He entered the building with a red roof and walked up to the front desk. He held Volt's Pokeball in his hand and a nurse with pink hair turned around. She smiled at Zac and asked "How may I help you?"

"Uh can you heal my Pokemon please? And also where is the nearest resteraunt?" Zac asked.

"Sure, and there aren't many resteraunts here in Viridan City, but down the hall and to your left is a food court where all trainers can eat for free ance you show them your license." she said.

Zac nodded thankfully and handed her Volt's Pokeball. He quickly walked over down the hall towards the food court and got in to the line quickly. He saw a few faces he recognized from the other trainers at Professor Oak, but didn't see Max's. He shrugged as he got to the front of the line, flashed his license, and began piling food on to his tray.

He sat down at a table and began eating his cheeseburger, tater tots, apples, and soda. He was starving. The food tasted delicious! It was as if it just melted away in his mouth. He finished eating and left with the tray on the table still, and picked up Volt. He was still in his Pokeball, but Zac could see his figure in it and he looked perfectly fine.

Zac smiled and walked out of the Pokecenter, trying to find something to do. He shrugged as he saw nothing and walked towards the exit of Viridian City. He hoped him and Volt would get along together soon.

END
    (That's the end of my posts for Viridian...sorry this post was boring:\)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Max gratefully recieved his pokeball from Nurse Joy after a thirty minute wait in the pokemon center. It was the first place he had gone to, and he was glad he did. Squirtle was exhausted, but he had grown. Max was eager to get out of this small town. There was not much to do, even if there was a gym. However, as the gym technically held the eight badge, he knew he would have no chance of winning.

"Thank you, and come again," she said as a way of saying goodbye.

"Thanks," he returned gratefully as he placed Squirtle's pokeball on his belt. Exiting the pokemon center, he took note of what else was around. He saw a few houses, but they just belonged to the residents of the town. He also saw the path that lead to the Indigo Plateau, and he couldn't help but feel a bit of longing.

He turned away, after a while, and started walking towards the next route, which would thus lead him to Veridian Forest. That forest would lead him to Brock's gym, the rock pokemon user. It was the first gym, and he needed to start somewhere, but the sooner he got there the better.

Alysa

Mew (Myuu) the New Species
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    It was morning now and Nine had awoken with a smile on her face. The sun was shining in through the windows of the Pokemon Center where she and Vee had stayed for the night. Getting up she got out of her Pajamas and into her Journys outfit. Streaching her arms in the air she walked softly out of the room she had stayed in and over to Nurse Joy.

"Have you seen Vee?" she asked the Nurse, wondering where Vee might have dissapeared off too.
    "Hmm... Oh yes, your Eevee. You're Eevee is right over there playing with Chansey"
    "Thank-you" Nine turned to Vee and motioned with her hands, beckoning Vee to come to her.

Vee abandoned her game and raced over to Nine where she lept up into her arms and snuggled into her chest. It was clear that the pokemon was happy to see her. As Nine exited the Pokemon Center a pokemon flew into her clearly in a tussle. Vee jumped up and down and Nine ealized this was the Pidgey that she and Vee had beaten yesterday.

"Pidgey what's wrong?" asked Nine worriedly
    "Pie, Pidge" Came the pokemon's startled reply.
    "Oh-weeve" Vee said as she jumped out of Nine's hands and down to the ground.

Nine looked up to see a Trainer and his Ratatata chasing the Pidgey. The trainer looked unhappy and so did his pokemon. Nine got the idea that the trainer was trying to capture the Pidgey which clearly didn't want to be captured. She got to her feet from bending down to talk to Pidgey and confronted the trainer.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing to Pidgey?"
    "I'm trying to catch it, what's it look like I'm doing but the darn thing won't hold still, and then it just flew off"
    "We'll maybe it doesn't want to be captured" Nine yelped back unable to contain her anger.
    "Listen, Girlie, Pokemon in the wild are ment for capturing, and if I'm not mistaken I can do what I like! Ratatata go!"
    "Ooo That's enough! Vee block the attack!"

At that moment Vee jumped between Ratatata and the startled Pidgey blocking the pokemon's attack. Nine came to stand beside Vee once again, also blocking Pidgey from the trainer. She staired right into the Trainers eyes and spoke sharply.

"If you want that Pidgey you'll have to go through me and Vee first!"
    "Oh-Weeve!"
    "Fine then, Ratatata let's take them out!"

-----------------
    Nine Vs. Cool Trainer Brad
    -----------------

Cool Trainer Brad's Ratatata lept into the air, it's mouth gaping wide. It wasn't going to be an easy battle, Nine thought to herself. But what was more important letting this trainer capture a pokemon that didn't want to be caught or protecting this Pidgey. She quickly chose the Pidgey and got into her battle stance. Vee lauched itself into the air as well and landed just infront of the now grounded Ratatata.

"Vee I want you to use your Tackle, try to knock Ratatata off balance"

Vee rushed twords Ratatata as fast as she could, aiming low for the pokemons soft underbelly to flip it over. But Cool Trainer Brad was ready. He countered the attack with ease and at the same time had Ratatata smash into Vee and knock her aside. Vee landed on her paws and rushed back in, this time landing a sucessfull hit on the oposing pokemon. As Ratatata fliped over Nine shouted another order.

"Vee use your Tail Whip, and then run around to the other side we'll hit it from behind"
    "Ahh! Ratatata get up!"

Brad's pokemon struggled to rise to it's paws, but as it did it moved out of the way of Vee's attack. Flipping around it charged her using it's tackle again. But this time Nine was ready for it.

"Now Vee, jump into the air!"

Vee did as she was told, jumping over Ratatata's attack and landing on the ground facing the other direction. Nine told Vee to tackle it again and this time the hit landed, not giving Ratatata another chance to get up Nine made Vee tackle one more time. Ratatata lay unmoving.

"Ah! Look what you've done to it!?" Cried Brad.
    "It serves you right, you shouldn't force a pokemon into something they don't want"
    "O-Weeve!"

Brad rushed at Nine with his fists but Vee was faster, taclking him in the stomach and knocking him down onto his behind. Brad got up and raced away with his Ratatata and shouted while running.

"Fine! I didn't want that stupid pokemon anyway!"

Winner: Nine

Nine turned to Pidgey who was crouched low and spoke gently to it with Vee by it's side.

"The trainer's gone now. You're safe."
    "Pi" chirped Pidgey in thanks.
    "Umm Pidgey would you like to join me and Vee on our journey?" asked Nine holding out her Pokeball infront of the Pokemon. She waited for the Pokemon's awnser.

OoC: You can choose if Pidgey says yes or not, both won't affect my next post drasticly.

Years
    The early sun shone on Viridian City, and a few cries from a nearby Fearow was the sign that morning had come. Robbie's alarm clock went off shortly after, waking the boy up. When he was asleep, he had a few dreams about Pokémon. In one of them, he battled the rich kid again and beat him with a hyperbeam from Rattata. He realised this was very odd as he woke up - Rattata at the moment only knew 2 moves, and he probably would never learn hyperbeam. In another dream, he had caught a Mewtwo with a soccer ball. Yeah, they were weird. Feeling tired, Robbie stretched his arms and legs, and got out of bed. He was wearing his pyjamas at the moment; and he took no time putting on his clothes, wanting to get outside and do some more training, or battling. Remembering what he thought yesterday, Robbie walked out of the Pokémon Centre, thanking Nurse Joy as he walked towards a street of shops. The street was slowly filling up, as Robbie walked inside a Pokémart. He looked around, seeing many sprays, pills and various decorations for his Pokémon. The shopkeeper noticed this.

"I take it that you're a new trainer, then." He asked.

"Yeah, I started yesterday." Robbie responded, with a slight enthusiasm about him.

"Did you get a Pok
    émon from Professor Oak, by any chance? I heard he gave out some of them yesterday morning" The man inquired, although Robbie felt that this conversation was leading up to something.

"Yeah, I did. Why?" Although this may have sounded slightly rude, it was Robbie's curiosity only, as the man seemed pretty kind.

"Well there was a battle earlier today, and I think they came from Professor Oak. There was a Pikachu and a Squirtle. I think it was a draw in the end, but it was quite a good battle, considering they were new trainers."

"Yeah, I guess they must have come from Pallet Town..." Robbie acknowledged, feeling a slight bit of annoyance. This must mean that there was at least 2 trainers already ahead of him now. Damn... "Anyway, can I ask what all of this stuff is? As you said, I'm a rookie trainer, so I guess I need some help..." Robbie said awkwardly, as he hated asking for favours.

"Yeah, sure, kid." As he said this, the man got out from his desk and walked around the shop. "Well these are potions" he said, pointing towards a stack of sprays on some shelfs. "They heal your Pok
    émon - not fully, but it sure helps." The man proceeded on. "These are antidotes. They heal poisoning."

"What's poisoning?" Robbie asked.

"Some Pok
    émon have attacks that can induce poisoning. These Pokémon include Weedle, and I'm sure you'll see a lot of them in Viridian Forest up ahead."

"Okay, I'll take an Antidote then, please," Robbie stated, getting out his wallet. "How much? And I'll take a Potion too."

"That'll be 400 Pok
    édollars all together, please" The man said, holding out his hand. Robbie gave the money to the man, and took out a Potion and an Antidote, putting them in his bag for later use. He barely managed to do this, before being barged aside by someone.

"Move, pipsqueak." The person said. Looking up, Robbie noticed that this person was quite old - about 17-18. He was too old to get a Pok
    émon from Professor Oak.

"Stop being rude, Larry," the owner of the shop said. "Sorry, Robbie - this is my nephew, Larry. He's very rude to people..." The man said, sighing.

"Robbie?! What kind of a name is that?!" Larry asked, laughing. Robbie didn't say anything - he didn't want to start something here. Instead, the owner spoke back.

"Don't mess with him - he's a Pok
    émon trainer." The shop owner said, trying to scare Larry. Although, this didn't seem to work.

"Then I'll give him a battle! See how good he is!" Larry said, with enthusiasm. Larry dragged Robbie outside, wanting to start the battle straight away.

"Umm, I only have 2 Pok
    émon at the moment..." Robbie admitted.

"2 Pok
    émon? That's pathetic! Oh well, I guess I have to use that many too! Pidgeotto, come on out!" Who's going to be your first Pokémon, then?" Robbie decided to scan it into his Pokédex. 'Pidgeotto, the pigeon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pidgey. It flies over its wide territory in search of prey, downing it with its highly developed claws.'

"Rizzo! Come on out!" Robbie shouted. He wanted Rattata to get more battle experience. And this Rattata was quite quick, giving it a better chance than Bulbasaur against a Pidgeotto.

vs.

"A Rattata? Is this a joke?" Larry said, laughing. "A Rattata will have no chance against my Pidgeotto! I'll let you have the first move; although it won't matter." Rattata felt hurt by these comments - and it got very angry. Launching itself at Pidgeotto at top speed, Rattata hit it with a tackle, without any order from Robbie. The smile soon went off Larry and his Pidgeotto's face, and Robbie chuckled to himself slightly.

"Pidgeotto, use gust!" Larry said. The Pidgeotto flapped its wings, creating a huge gust of wind at Rattata.

"Rizzo, dodge!" Robbie said, although it didn't help. Rattata couldn't withstand or dodge an attack like this. Rattata was blown off its feet, and hurled backwards by the gust. Pidgeotto stopped flapping, and Rattata was on the ground, hurt. The gust had taken a lot out of Rizzo.

"Use gust again! Only make it stronger this time - your last one sucked!" Larry said. This annoyed Robbie, although he didn't say anything. Pidgeotto started to flap its wings, but soon slowed down for some reason and came towards the ground. Both Rattata and Robbie looked confused. The shop owner, watching from his shop, came out of his shop, shouting towards Robbie.

"Robbie, it's really tired! Attack it, quick!"
    Robbie nodded, and commanded Rattata.

"Rizzo, use tackle, again and again until it faints!" Pidgeotto was too tired to even move, and the anger on Larry's face was evident.

"C'mon, you useless piece of junk! Move!" But Pidgeotto wouldn't listen. It wasn't knocked out, but it seemed very close to it. "I know I shouldn't have put you through training earlier! You're obviously too weak to handle it!" Seizing on the opportunity, Rizzo hit Pidgeotto with a tackle. Before Pidgeotto could even recover slightly, it got hit by another tackle by Rattata. Rizzo was probably still angry because of what Larry said earlier. Hitting Pidgeotto with a third tackle, Rizzo stopped. Pidgeotto was unconscious.

"For God's sake, Pigeotto - you suck! You got extremely lucky then, Robbie! You'll have no chance against my next Pok
    émon!" Larry got out another Pokéball, and a white flash erupted from it. Out of it came a Pokémon that Robbie hadn't seen before. As the Pokémon came out, Rizzo hid behind Robbie for some reason, looking petrified. Robbie scanned the unknown Pokémon into his Pokédex. 'Raticate, the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Rattata. It whittles its constantly growing fangs by gnawing on hard things. It can chew apart cinder walls.' So this was why Rizzo was scared. It was an evolved form of a Rattata...

vs.

"Raticate, use Quick Attack!" Larry commanded. Raticate's speed shocked Robbie - it was even faster than Rizzo! Then again, he was an evolved form. Raticate hit Rizzo within seconds, and Rizzo was hurled back by the attack. It was hit pretty hard. Last time this happened in Route 1, Rattata went really angry. Instead of doing this, Rizzo ran up a nearby tree, scared.

"Rizzo, come back down! I know you can do it!" Robbie encouraged, or at least tried to. Rizzo wasn't going to move.

"Bite down that tree, Raticate!" Larry shouted. Raticate did this, and soon bit it down with shocking ease, and the tree came crashing down, along with Rizzo.

"C'mon, Rizzo! Use tackle!" This time, Rizzo obeyed Robbie. However, its speed was a lot slower and had almost no effect on Raticate, and Rattata was probably hurt more than its opponent.

"Use Hyper Fang, Raticate!" This attack sounded pretty bad. And it was, knocking out Rattata in one hit. Larry laughed. "You're miles better than Pidgeotto, Raticate. But that Hyper Fand should have been stronger!" Larry said, sounding genuinely annoyed.

"Unlucky, Rizzo. You did amazing against Pidgeotto. Return!" Robbie pocketed Rizzo's Pok
    éball and brought out his other one. It was time for Bulbasaur to shine...

vs.

"Come on out, Bulbasaur! And use growl straight away!" Robbie knew that he would have to attack quickly to beat the Raticate. Bulbasaur used growl, and Raticate started twitching its ears in slight pain. It was hardly enough to defeat the Rattata, but Robbie needed to delay it, or slow it down slightly. "Use tackle!" Bulbasaur went for Raticate.

"Dodge, Raticate! And use Hyper Fang, but stronger this time!" Larry commanded. Raticate dodged the attack with what seemed like a second to spare, and launched itself at Bulbasaur, with its mouth wide open. The Hyper Fang hit Bulbasaur, hurting it.

"Use tackle again, Bulbasaur!" Robbie commanded. But Bulbasaur wasn;t moving - it was just sitting there, flinching. Larry took advantage of this.

"Use Tackle!" Raticate tackled Bulbasaur, knocking it back a few yards. Bulbasaur was on the floor. It stopped flinching, and managed to pull itself up. There was a determination in Bulbasaur's eyes, although it was weak. "Use tackle again, Raticate!" Larry commanded.

"Dodge!" Bulbasaur got out of the way, pushing itself up with its vines. This was impressive. Suddenly, an idea came to Robbie. "Use growl, Bulbasaur! And then pull yourself up with your vines into the air and use tackle!" Bulbasaur did so, stopping Raticate with growl, and attacking it with an air tackle. Raticate seemed to be glued to the spot, and the tackle gained power as it came down, which hurt Raticate severely. The idea came from Robbie's battle with Geodude earlier. The Raticate was weak, but the battle wasn't over yet.

"Use Quick Attack, Raticate!" Larry yelled.

"Bulbasaur! Use Tackle"

The two Pok
    émon collided , and both were pushed back. It seemed that both of them were knocked out for a second, but Bulbasaur got up slowly, as did Raticate. They were both still in it! Suddenly, Raticate fell to the floor, unconcious. A few seconds later, Bulbasaur did the same. Both trainers returned their Pokémon.

Winner: Robbie

"I won that. Your Bulbasaur fainted before Raticate" said Larry, walking away. He was lying - Bulbasaur certainly touched the ground after Raticate. The shop owner walked towards Robbie.

"I know you won that battle, kid. Well done."

"Why is he so mean to his Pok
    émon?" Robbie asked, trivially. He couldn't understand how someone could mistreat their Pokémon.

"Larry never used to be like that. He used to love Pok
    émon, but then he started an adventure, just like you did. He couldn't even defeat the first Gym, and he blamed his Pokémon..."

"That's awful." Robbie said. "The gym leader must be strong..." Robbie conceded, sounding disappointed.

"To be honest, kid, I think you've got the potential to go quite far. You were quite good in that battle, and the Bulbasaur air tackle was a great bit of improvisation. You just need to start talking to your Pok
    émon more during the battle - you were great commanding them, but I though you could encourage them more and talk to them. Normally, Pokémon do even better when encouraged. Keep training your Pokémon and I think you can beat the gym leader of Pewter City, and maybe even progress further." Robbie smiled, and nodded.

"Thanks for all your help, sir. Especially against his Pidgeotto, you helped me win that battle." Robbie held out his hand. The shop owner shook it, and Robbie departed, heading into another street of shops. He felt really proud of his Pok
    émon, as they had won their first battle. Next, they had to go to Pewter and start getting some badges. But they deserved a snack first...

OOC: I've now finished Chapter 1

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Great battles Dawn's Hat, but you have THREE pokemon. You caught a Rattata before Rizzo, if memory serves.
    Robbie's Rattata Leveled Up! Rizzo is Level 4! Robbie's Rattata Leveled Up! Rizzo is Level 5!
    Robbie's Bulbasaur Leveled Up! Bulbasaur is Level 6!

King!

better
    Years
    Name: Colt Shone

Personality: Colt can be a confusing person, in the way that his mood changes often. Some peolpe might think he is mental a little, because he mumbles to himself, and can be a little dumb. Even though he acts this way, Colt really just acts like it because he has to cover his identity(how do I spell this?) Colt's really a very wise person, and is out to use the power of his Pokemon and the spot of champion, to rule the world. Colt is a mastery at trickery, and is good at disguising himself. He's also good at making people think things that are untrue. Though he's pretty much evil, Colt will do a king thing every once in a while.

History: Colt was born underground, below the game corner of Celadon City. His parents were scientists who seeked the power of so called, "Ledgendary Pokemon". They were on a trip to find a secret bird in Virdian, when a bomb exploded inside the building Colt's parents were in. Colt was with them, but was playing outside with the Ponyta he had won at the game corner. Upon the loss of his parents, Colt was depressed and, with Ponyta, he hid on the streets of Viridian, secretly collecting data and imformation. Each day he listened to the school discussions held in the center of town. Gradually, Colt learned, and with his learning, Colt made more and more gadgets and tools. Now, Colt seeks to rule the world, but he also wishes to get revenge on the bomb planter.

Starter: Ponyta, lv. 7(Because I skipped route 1, is this okay?), Female

Last edited:

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Okay, here's the deal. King900000 is a "Special Invite" so don't hassle him. King, you need to start out in Viridian City, and already have your starter pokemon with you. You can start in Chapter 2, which I will be starting in a couple of hours.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Chapter 02: Double Trouble
    You have been enjoying your little detour in Viridian City when all of a sudden, BOOM! An explosion has gone off in Viridian City. According to the local authorities two "mystery men" have set off explosives in town, causing several casualities, and making off with their pokemon. They have called for all pokemon trainers to assist in capturing these villians, and you have been asked. Do your best....

Chapter Objectives:
    > Have your mission assigned by an Officer Jenny.
    > Find one of the two "Mystery Men".
    > Battle one of them. (Optional)
    > Team up with another RPer for a Double Battle. (Optional)
    > If you succesfully defeat one of them, turn them into an Officer Jenny (ONLY if you win).

Mystery Men Pokemon on Hand: (I will be playing as them)
    (No this isn't how they look. Just the closest to it).

Mystery Man #1
    Pokemon on Hand:

Mankey/Level: 9
    Scratch
    Leer
    Low Kick

Spearow/Level: 11
    Peck
    Growl