• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Trainers Association (T)

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Shirona noticed a movement out of the corner of her eye. She turned and looked at the boy. She was about to say something, when she noticed there were words etched on the ground. "Oh!", she gasped, her pale white face flushing a deep pink in embarrassment, "Oh....I-I umm....", she stuttered, trying to form a coherent sentance. She looked pleadingly at her pokemon. "Pix? Vulpix?", the pokemon said. "I know! I know! God you sound like my mother did.", Shirona said. She had an idea and dug around in her bag for a moment. "Aha! This ought to help you Dylan.", she said, pulling out a notebook and pens. She handed them to him. "I'm a bit of a novelist, so I have a ton of notebooks and pens or pencils.", she said, giving him a gentle smile.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Rebecca's smile faltered somewhat...not only did the boy look ever so slightly annoyed at her for interrupting his training, he didn't seem like he was going to respond to her at all...either he was very much into his training and hated being interrupted for any reason - even though she had already apologised for her intrusion - or he was quite an anti-social person and didn't really like conversing with others...either way it didn't seem as though her presence was particularly welcomed.

As she was about to make her excuses to leave, however, the boy suddenly spoke to her. His statement startled her somewhat, 'You have kind eyes. I can see why your Hoppip looks so close to you already,' and she frowned slightly as though trying to figure out if he was joking her around. She glanced at Hoppip and smiled, nodding at the boy.

"Thank you...I'm not quite sure about the whole kind eyes part - although it is really nice of you to say - but I do think that Hoppip and I have formed a bond of sorts already. I suppose we're in this together now, so we either love or hate each other with no room for an inbetween," she grinned as Hoppip landed on her shoulder, looking down at the training Rhyhorn curiously. "Hoppip is a really good Pokemon anyway, it'd be really difficult not to love him I think."

As she spoke, the Rhyhorn seemed to glow with a white energy before it slammed it's horn into the tree trunk even harder, the whole tree giving way in three takes. Becca raised her eyebrows, nodding in an impressed manner.

"No no, keep going. I only came over here because I noticed the noise, and I have good hearing," she laughed at the boy, before turning her attentions back to Rhyhorn. "He is a fantastic Rhyhorn...his Horn is really wide, it's perfectly in proportion to the rest of his body. His hide has a lovely shade to it...yeah, you were lucky to get paired with this Rhyhorn!" she spoke eagerly, not hiding her love of Rock pokemon. Out of all the Pokemon she and her parents had studied, she had always read and written more about Rock Pokemon - so much so that at times her parents had to remind her that there were other Pokemon Types out there in the world.

Rebecca watched as the boy's glance slid down to her PokeDex, before noticing he had one himself. She wondered if he was part of the ITA as well...she glanced back at the Rhyhorn, noticing that it looked young like Hoppip did, which seemed to confirm her suspicions.

"Did you just get Rhyhorn from the ITA office in Pallet?" she asked curiously, holding up her PokeDex. "I just got Hoppip from there...it's really nice of them to set you up so well for your mission isn't it?" She paused, thinking of what to say, pushing a stray hair back behind her ear. She realised that she hadn't introduced herself, stepping forward with her hand outstretched. "I'm Rebecca by the way, Rebecca Tyrer of Pewter City!" she said brightly before inwardly cringing. The boy hadn't seemed all too pleased to see her when she first approached him...maybe he just wanted to go back to his training and stop being interrupted. Bringing her hand back down she coughed slightly, gesturing back behind her. "Well...it was nice meeting you! I'll leave you to your training..." she trailed off, giving him a last uncertain smile before turning to leave. Hoppip made a small noise of dissatisfaction - she wanted to stay and watch the Rhyhorn more! What a fascinating creature...

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Dylan couldn't help but smile as Sherry seemed to get speechless, that seemed to be the usual reaction from people. However, he didn't expect her to hand him a notepad and some pens. "I'm a bit of a novelist, so I have a ton of notebooks and pens or pencils." she said with a smile.

I-I-I-I can communicate! Thought Dylan as some would think overly excited, but coming from someone who hasn't really communicated for 5 years is big, really big.
Thank you! I never thought of this before. Thank you! He wrote, then he started writing again. Well, I better go get some training in. I hope we can meet again sometime. Bye!

After showing Sherry the message he wrote he continued on the Route. Not soon after leaving a wild Pidgey appeared. Dylan checked his Pokedex for what moves Abra knew. Uhh... Knock-Off! That's a good one! Jem use Knock-Off! Even though Abra was sleeping, it ran forward and slammed it's hand into the Pidgey. The Pidgey flew off, but not so straight. Well Jem, looks like we need to work on that...

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Thinking Rebecca was leaving because she did think he was being strange, Sethos went into panic in his own mind. For a split second, seeing her starting to turn made him see and remember all his old friends whom left him for their journey. He wasn't sure why, but it was a little saddening. There was no way he wanted an ally deterred from him on the first day, either. What if they would be paired up in future missions? It could've been a slippery slope downwards if he didn't try to set the record straight. "N-no, wait!" the boy said as he reached out and grasped onto the extended hand before it fully withdrew from him. He made sure he didn't yank on her arm, but he did maneuver himself so that they were now face-to-face while shaking hands. "I'm sorry, I wasn't mad or anything, honest. The name's Sethos Windrunner, but feel free to call me Seth for short."

With her attention, Sethos let go of her hand after a firm, friendly shake. "Maybe we got off on the wrong foot? Sorry if we did, Rebecca, I didn't want that to happen," he continued as he made a more self-confident look on his face. He had to remind himself often that he needed to be a bit more sure of himself when it came to talking with other people. Not to mention having his head on straight and talking about what was on his mind. "So you like Rock-types? Perhaps you and Hoppip would be interested in training with us. Since we're ITA, we might as well get used to partnering up with people. It may happen sooner or later. At the very least Rhyhorn and Hoppip will benefit from working together."

While waiting for Rebecca to answer, Sethos thought he'd at least keep it rolling while he felt really confident in his social skills. "And, if you pardon my forwardness, it wouldn't be so bad to get to know a new friend," Sethos added with his own smile.

Rhyhorn's Curse allowed it to plow through most of the tree with ease. The base of the trunk was starting to quiver as the rest of the tree swayed a little. Rhyhorn knew it had to finish the tree off now or else his partner, the new girl and her Pokemon could be facing danger. Backing away for a second, it prepared a second Curse. Feeling good with its extra power, Rhyhorn charged at the tree. Rhyhorn felt rather hindered with its reduced speed, but it didn't obstruct the path to the tree in any way. And gave the sturdy foliage one good final Horn Attack.

Thanks to the second Curse, the tree didn't stand a chance as it began to fall away from the four. It came crashing down with a thunderous rumble before a flock of Pidgey flew off in haste from a neighboring tree. Happy with its victory, Rhyhorn turned around and walked to the three others. Curse was fading fast since the Pokemon was out of battle. It became far easier to walk now.

SelenaStar

Years
Pausing as she felt a hand grasp her own, Rebecca looked down at Seth's hand gripping her own in the handshake she'd retracted before looking up at him slowly. Perhaps...perhaps she'd been quick to judge him - he sure didn't look anti-social or unfriendly now, and his tone of voice had changed completely. If anything he seemed more comfortable around her after the initial breaking of the ice...smiling back at him, Rebecca returned the hand shake and nodded, "Okay Seth! It's good to meet you. And Rhyhorn of course. I wasn't being rude leaving...I just didn't want you to feel obliged to stay and make small talk while you were training, I know how it can be annoying having someone interrupt you while you're in the zone! But no, no wrong feet here, I guess it's all just a bit daunting at the moment...but hey! That's where we're going to learn right?" she said brightly.

He then made the mistake of asking her if she liked Rock Pokemon. She nodded her head vigorously, feeling that same excitement building up inside her whenever she talked about Rock Pokemon - she knew pretty much everything there was to know about them. Given her starter pokemon was a Grass Type...she finally understood what her Parents were saying all those years ago. There really were other types in the world...

"Yeah!! I love Rock-type Pokemon! Not only pure rock types of course - Ground and Steel Pokemon are amazing as well, but my heart really lies with Rock Pokemon...with the exception of present company of course," she smiled up at Hoppip, stroking his head. "I suppose partially it's due to coming from Pewter City...you can't escape rocks there...but I remember watching Brock battle during an expo this one day and just being mystified by his Onix...no matter what he was hit with, it didn't touch him. And his immense Defensive power meant he could be as creative with his Offensive attacks...he was just purely reckless at times but it was okay!" she paused for breath mid sentence and noticed that she was speaking rather quickly and that her face had flushed with the excitement. She took a breath and laughed sheepishly, "So yeah...I suppose you could say that I do like Rock Pokemon somewhat."

He then suggested that Rhyhorn and Hoppip work together...and Rebecca hesitated somewhat. The sheer mass of Rhyhorn...if he hit Hoppip the wrong way her little guy would be crushed...but she caught herself during that thought. She wasn't going to underestimate her Hoppip - after all, he'd learnt how to control his psychic powers so quickly, and he was a fast little flier. So she nodded confidently, "Sure! It'd be brilliant to train with you guys! I think...I think I'd like to train Hoppip some more before I battle you, but we can definitely train together...and sure," she nodded at his last statement, a wide smile spreading across her face, "it would be lovely to get to know a new friend well."

Rebecca watched with wide eyes as Rhyhorn walked over to them. Not bothering to hide the smile that widened, she crouched down until she was eye level with Rhyhorn - moving slowly so she didn't startle him into attacking. She waved with her fingers at him, "Hi Rhyhorn! I'm Rebecca, and this is Hoppip-" she cut herself off as she noticed Hoppip was missing from her shoulder. Looking round she noticed her Pokemon hovering around the tree stump that Rhyhorn had felled - the roots still firmly embedded in the ground. A thought sprung into her head.

"Hoppip...why don't you see if you can uproot that stump? Or at least partially...but remember, take your time, and if you start straining too hard take a breather and start again," she instructed, watching as Hoppip concentrated on the stump and the ground began to rumble. One decent sized root popped out of the ground, bringing around 6 smaller roots with it. Rebecca didn't say anything to interrupt his concentration, but she was impressed by how he'd already isolated the stump without being reminded.

"They're so up for it aren't they?" she commented happily to Seth.

DarkAngel91

Years
Shirona took a step towards the boy, then stopped. "He reminds me so much of Riley when he got his starter", she said. It hurt her a little to watch Dylan run off and battle a wild pidgey. Shirona had been present when her life-long best friend Riley was fataly injured in an attempted raid on the Cherrygrove Pokemon Center. She felt tears start to fall. "Oh Riley..I'm so sorry...I miss you", she whispered, wiping away tears. She picked up her bag and walked in a depressed silence through the route. She thankfully hadn't met any trainers out. She was too depressed now to battle anything. Vulpix walked along side her. "Pix?", it asked. "I-I'm fine", Shirona said, taking a deep, shaky breath. The pokemon didn't believe her, but went silent. She found a downed tree trunk and sat on it. She pulled out her wallet and looked at the picture in it. Shirona smiled. She was standing next to a tall, lanky boy with a goofy grin on his face and shaggy, semi-long black hair. His green eyes smiled in the picture. It was taken days before the accident. Shirona hugged the picture. "I miss you so much Riley....I swear to you I will stop them. I will make them pay for what they did." she said.

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Sethos nodded with a sly chuckle. So Rebecca was rather enthusiastic about rock-types, and wouldn't be afraid to show it. That wasn't a bad thing; in fact it was the contrary since she knew what she liked, and there had to be respect for that. At least there wasn't any hard feelings. It felt nice to have made a new friend. It was probably the best way to start the journey off. He also learned that Brock appeared at expos, so it was also an educational first meeting.

Hoppip was equally amazing as Rhyhorn. He never saw one so in-tuned with its psychic powers that it could probably uproot a stump as a fresh starter before. And considering that Rhyhorn's special defenses weren't as sturdy as his physical defense, it would be a great rival. Sethos walked up to his own Pokemon and rubbed it's forehead like a breeder would to develop closeness. Rhyhorn seemed to like the affection after its good work.

"I'm sure Hoppip will be a deeply valued member of your future team, just like the other Rock- and possibly Ground- and Steel-types. Hoppip protects them against water, and in turn they protect Hoppip from fire," Sethos said simply. He knew that there were other ways that they'd help each other, but it was probably best to leave it at that. Besides, he had no clue what kinds of Pokemon he was looking for. Maybe he'd fancy a specific type like Rebecca, or maybe he'd like to raise a diverse family of Pokemon with different types, abilities and movesets. Pokemon were so amazing to him because of their uniqueness alone!

"Now to just think of how to train Rhyhorn next," Sethos thought out loud, "After all those Pidgey, I'll need to be careful about which tree I pick. It'd be sad to knock over a habitat, and probably twice as scary if the next group of Pokemon are numerous and angry."

Rhyhorn was staring up at Rebecca as she stood right next to him. It liked getting the compliments from the avid fan of Rock-types... then again it probably didn't discriminate affection too much. Either way, Rhyhorn was really happy with itself. He could also tell that his partner was also happy with Rebecca. It started to think that traveling with Sethos was going to be interesting.

SelenaStar

Years
"Of course," smiled Rebecca, watching Hoppip affectionately as the Pokemon worked on the stump. He was doing so well...she hadn't expected it. He was halfway done...no wait, there goes another root...and he'd only needed a few short breathers. For a Grass Pokemon he had fantastic control of his psychic powers...of course, compared to an Alakazam or a Hypno they'd still be really quite weak. But she was impressed with him all the same, and it was a useful string to their bow for future battles when he'd learned more Grass and Flying type moves.

Seth was actually a nice guy, he seemed a lot more comfortable around her. Perhaps he was just cautious around new people..? Either way, Rebecca was glad that she'd met him so early on in her journey - he was right, it was good to make a new friend who was on the same mission as her. And he and his Rhyhorn seemed to be developing a real friendship, she thought as her eyes flicked over to them as Seth rubbed Rhyhorn's head. The Rhyhorn seemed really pleased...both from the affection from his owner and from the barrage of compliments she'd thrown at him.

"Perhaps you need to find a steep ledge or something? I think you'll find it difficult without battling other pokemon..." Rebecca trailed off in response to Seth's voiced thought. All of a sudden, a loud CRACK! sounded through the clearing they were stood in, making Rebecca turn around quickly, nearly falling onto Rhyhorn in shock. What was that noi-oh!!!

Hoppip! He had finished pulling out the stump, which was currently levitating in front of him, wobbling as he lowered it to the ground. "Hoppip! That was amazing!" enthused Rebecca as she grinned over at him widely.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"I suppose that's true. I didn't want to actually engage in battle with a wild Pokemon because I thought that Rhyhorn would just trample over them all without learning that much. But I guess I remembered something from watching Hoppip," Sethos said as he watched Hoppip get closer to fully uprooting the tree stump, "Pokemon have great potential; even the ones that don't seem to have a hope of winning. No one can really know for sure how a battle will go until the last move is made. I need to remember that."

Sethos had to admit that he was taking things well with Rebecca. Usually he was a little timid to talk with someone new, but his new friend made him feel differently. For one reason or another, he felt a vibe about her that felt familiar. It wasn't that the two had met before, but something about her (that he didn't know, but still felt alerted to) that reminded him of himself in the past. Because of that, there was no feeling of need to be defensive, so he could relax.

Suddenly, the cracking sound from Hoppip fully uprooting the tree caused Rhyhorn to let out a roar as it stood up on its hind legs. Being really spooked by something he couldn't see behind him react to his instincts and retaliate with a threatening gesture. Throwing down the full force of his bulk, Rhyhorn stomped with both of his front legs as hard as it could. The resulting rumble wasn't as bad as when the tree fell, but it was still caused by a seriously powerful shockwave of force. Sethos braced himself, but he was a little shaky.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Dylan had been walking for what seemed like an eternity before he heard a familiar voice in is head. "AHH! Now that was a nap! So, did I miss anything? Wait, why does it feel like I attacked something?"

Because you did, I had you use Knock-Off on a wild Pidgey. By the way, we need to work on the power of that. Oh, and I wanna work on Barrier, we need to be ready for the first gym.

"Ugh, training. Alright, let's get started."

Okay I want you to put up a Barrier while I throw rocks at you, and maybe a wild pokemon might try and attack, if we're lucky.

"Yeah, if were "lucky"..."

Abra put up a barrier and Dylan started throwing rocks at him. The first couple rocks hit and bounced off, but around the 5th one, Dylan threw it too high and a wild Pidgey came speeding towards him. Oddly enough, the Pidgey couldn't seem to fly straight. Dylan instantly recognized this and "told" Abra to put up a Barrier to block the Tackle that was coming towards him. The Barrier not only blocked the Tackle, but seemed to do recoil damage to the Pidgey.
Now! While its weakened use Knock-Off to finish it off!
Abra ran at the knocked down Pidgey and hit it with it's hand. This time the power seemed more focused and knocked out the Pidgey.
Good job Jem! You seemed to be more focused that time. Now let's go again.
Dylan started throwing rocks at Abra again, who either blocked it or swatted at it. Abra hadn't missed one, so Dylan started throwing 2 or 3 at a time. This proved more of a challenge for Abra.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
@SelenaStar: Your Hoppip has grown to level 6!

@Kitred123: Your Abra has grown to Level 6!

@Scarf Blade: Your Ryhorn has grown to Level 6!

@DarkAngel91: Your Vulpix has grown to Level 6!

(OOC: Sorry everyone that I have been away, but I have been hospitalized for the time being and will not be on very often. Try to slow down on this RP until I am healthier again. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

------------------------------------------------------

Logan looked around to see a wild Rattata near him. Wanting to train Horsea, he sent the Sea Horse Pokemon out.

" Horsea, use dragon rage on that Rattata," Logan exclaimed, pointing at the Rattata. Horsea sent a shock wave at the Rattata, knocking it down and out. Logan recalled Horsea, knowing that Water Pokemon can't stay on land. Logan continued to head North towards Violet City, wanting the opportunity to battle his Father. Logan was jogging through the grass when he noticed a Metapod right in front of him!

"Go, Horsea," Logan exclaimed as he released his Pokemon. Horsea floated confidently, ready to engage in battle with the Metapod.

Horsea, use Bubble," Logan ordered, pointing at the Metapod. Horsea shot a ray of bubbles at the Metapod, weakening the Pokemon, it now ready for capture. Logan threw a Pokeball at the Metapod, the Pokemon going inside the ball. Logan waited patiently as the Pokeball did its stuff. The ball clicked! Logan has captured a Metapod.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@Elite Killer: Horsea grew to Level 6!
- You captured a Level 4 Metapod!

DarkAngel91

Years
Shirona put her wallet away and stood up. "Ok Vulpix, let's train a little bit. I want you to try and focus your Ember attack a bit more", she said. Vulpix seemed eager. Shirona pointed to a patch of dry grass. She put rocks around it, so that if it didn't work, the fire wouldn't spread. "Alright Vulpix, use Ember on that patch of grass", she said. Vulpix tried, but ended up burning a rock. "It's ok Vulpix, all great pokemon had to learn this stuff. You can do it!", Shirona called, encouraging her pokemon. Four more tries and Vulpix was able to focus her attack perfectly. Shirona cheered. A wild Sentret appeared. Shirona smiled. "Alright Vulpix, use Ember, but don't KO it", she said. Vulpix attacked, but the Sentret dodged, and used Tackle. It went on like that for five or ten minutes before Shirona pulled out a Pokeball. "Go Pokeball", she said, tossing the ball at Sentret. Sentret went into the ball and it fell on the ground, shaking back and forth.

SelenaStar

Years
The loud crack signalling Hoppip's defeat of the rooted tree stump also signalled one very important thing that Rebecca had forgotten about Rhyhorn - they were easily startled by loud noises when unaware of their origins. Hoppip and his stump were unfortunately in Rhyhorn's blind spot, causing the massive rock pokemon to rear up on his hind legs with a loud, startled bellow. And Rebecca was directly in front of him.

This, Rebecca thought solemnly, was the end. Her life and her pokemon journey were over before they'd had chance to begin. Rhyhorn's massive bulk would crush her like an Oran Berry - she would be a splat on the floor and Hoppip would, once again, be without a trainer. Watching with a large intake of breath as Rhyhorn's front legs fell...she was safe! Praise Arceus he hadn't crushed her...

But the shockwave that ripped through the ground as a result of this impact had the effect of jolting her sideways with a painful twist to her right ankle. As the earth drew closer, Rebecca brought her arms up to shield her head whilst screaming - a noise often heard coming from the lungs of the accident prone 14 year old. As much as she hated to admit it, sometimes Rebecca truly believed that she had been cursed by a pack of Gengar as an infant - 'wrong place. Wrong time' were 4 words that perfectly described her life, and this was just one of a lengthy portfolio of unfortunate incidents where Rebecca was involved in some shape or form.

Suddenly she fell into something warm and soft...lifting her arms from her eyes she looked round and saw that she had fallen on Seth, just as they hit the ground. Luckily for him she spent too much time running around to put weight on...with a loud 'OOF!' they hit the floor, Rebecca partly feeling bad for Seth, but partly thanking her lucky stars that he was there to break her fall.

"I'm sorry!" she rushed out, looking down at Seth worriedly, "are you okay?" She then realised the compromising position they were in and blushed slightly, pushing herself off Seth with her elbows, wincing as her ankle screamed out in protest. "crap...think I've sprained my ankle..." she grunted, sitting up and feeling around the rapidly swelling joint. This was just a great first day...

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Pretty soon Abra had been able to block the rocks with just a finger, he no longer needed the whole barrier wall to do it. In fact, he didn't create a whole barrier wall. Now that Abra had basically mastered Barrier, it was time for Knock-Off. Dylan found a berry tree nearby and "told" Abra to knock off the berries. Abra swung at the tree, and knocked off a couple berries along with some leaves.
Alright Jem, this time try to only get the berry, no leaves!

Abra swung again, and got less leaves, but still didn't quite get it. Dylan looked at at Abra with what he thought was a motivating glare, and the point seemed to get across. Abra swung for a third time and this time she fell and got caught in the tree.
Jem! Are you alright!? Thought Dylan as he was furiously throwing braches to set the pokemon free.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was wondering if we could maybe be done for now? I think this is a good stopping point."

Uhh... I suppose, but later we'll make sure to get this down! Anyways let's go, I think the next town is just ahead He thought just as he got the Abra free.

Dylan and his Abra walked away from the tree and towards the town on the horizon. At least, what they thought was a town. All they could see was a huge tower in the distance.
You know Jem, I think we're going to meet a lot of new people on this journey. We will most likely have to team up with some. How am I going to do that, not talking and all? It makes me really worried.

"Well Dylan, I think we'll just have to take it day-by-day. And as for the people, I get worried too. I know I'm young, but I also know there's a lot of bad people out there. We just have to be careful with who we trust. If we do that, I can bet we'll be fine. Also, I bet you'll find your voice. People change on journeys, at least that's what I heard at the place where you got me. Just know that I have your back."

Thanks Jem, It's nice to know I have someone I really can trust in you. Also, I hope your right about my voice, it's been so long... And Jem, I have your back too.

"Well thanks. And if you never do talk again, I suppose I'll learn. I mean, translator's make a lot of money right?"

That made Dylan let out a little chuckle.
Wait... Jem? Did I just laugh?

"Uhh, yeah. It's a normal thing. Don't feel like an alien or anything."

No no no. That's not it. It's just that, that's the first sound I've made in 5 years. Thank you Jem!

"Everybody starts somewhere."

Yeah, everybody starts somewhere.

During that conversation, Dylan realized what his Abra was to him. She wasn't just his pokemon, she was his friend. A real friend. He hadn't had one since "The Accident."
It's not the journey, it's the people.

"What's that?"

Nothing. But inside, Dylan felt something. He didn't know what it meant, but it was definitely there.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
One minute Sethos was standing up against the force of Rhyhorn's startled defense, and then the next he was on the ground with Rebecca apologizing like crazy before mentioning her sprained ankle. Everything happened so fast that it was almost a large blur... but thankfully it was just the shockwaves and nothing serious. And, as the boy calmed a little and regained some sense, what had happened began much clearer. What happened, again? Rebecca had fallen under the force of the rumbling, probably scared witless from a close-encounter with what was almost her death, and crashed into him. Her scream had already set off his instincts, though. So when she had made contact with him he did what came to him first and held her tight as they fell over. It probably didn't save her life, but it kept her safe during the fall.

As for for himself, the teenager couldn't remember hitting the ground, but he did remember feeling the ground tremble underneath him as the shockwave traveled outwards. By that time his arms had let go of Rebecca, probably from hitting the ground, and the two were... close. Not exactly how friends hug, but it was an accident, Sethos thought to himself as his own face turned red. With Rebecca already off him, he was free to sit up, too. It was with a groan, his back was a little sore from the landing and he was a little dazed from the force of the trembling soil, but in all he was going to be just fine.

"Not the greatest experience ever, but my head will be on straight in a second," Sethos said slowly. He intentionally left out his back. Rebecca was worse off than he was, and she already felt guilty enough over him. "As long as that ankle's the only injury you have, I'm alright. I'm just glad you're safe." Sethos tried to put a supportive hand on Rebecca's shoulder. The first one missed because of his confusion, but the second try left his hand right on the mark.

Rhyhorn came to its senses as soon as the rumbling stopped. It had tried to Horn Attack attackers that weren't there, but managed to not get near Rebecca and Sethos with any of them. But now it felt a great mixture of shame and worry; walking over to the two trainers with a look of great sympathy. He really did feel sorry. Seth's other hand reached out and rubbed around its cheekbone reassuringly(it didn't take a second try, because honestly who could miss a Rhyhorn?). "Don't feel bad, buddy. You didn't mean it," Sethos had said with a warming tone, "I forgive you."

Having its trainer's forgiveness was good, but he also wanted Rebecca's. He probably scared her the most.

SelenaStar

Years
Watching as Seth stood up, Rebecca frowned slightly. He claimed to be okay apart from a slight pain in his head but he was moving strangely...and seemed to have a concussion of sorts as he tried to put a hand on her shoulder and missed the first time. She didn't want him to think he was okay, to try and go on for her sake, and then later on collapse or suffer even worse or something.

"Are you sure?" she persisted, rubbing her ankle with a grimace, damn that hurt...but hopefully she would have her First Aid kit with her...that was bound to have a support bandage she could use. Her parents had made her her very own box to take on her travels with her, having sensed from a young age that they had a klutz for a daughter, and she had kept it stocked up religiously. If she found now that she hadn't brought it with her on a major journey that would be such cruel irony it wouldn't even be humourous...luckily she found it hidden at the bottom of her bag. As she opened the box, she tried to think what could be used for a head injury...painkillers? But she didn't want that to react badly with a possible concussion...pulling on a blue support bandage she winced as it clashed horribly with her shorts. It looked as though she'd forgotten a sock. But beggars couldn't be choosers.

Standing up gingerly, she looked over at Seth with a small smile. Well...that was one way to get close to someone she supposed...was it just her eyes betraying her or was he blushing ever so slightly? That was probably the concussion, she figured. Well, after all, Rebecca did just fly onto him pretty much...she was surprised he was taking it so well. And grateful, it could've been really embarrassing if he'd made a deal out of it...

Bending down to Rhyhorn, she reached out tentatively, slowly as though firstly seeking Rhyhorn's permission to stroke him. "It's okay guy, you weren't to know, it's just one of those things," she smiled kindly at him as she reached out to him, "those are some lightning fast reflexes, especially for a Rock type pokemon! You keep training those!" After she had stroked Rhyhorn, she hopped over to Hoppip, who was watching anxiously, a guilty expression on his face. Tutting, she gathered the Pokemon into her arms and held him to her tightly, looking down at his face as it tilted upwards to hers in her embrace. "Don't worry about it you, you did amazingly well with that stump! I wasn't expecting that at all! You're such a strong little guy, I'm blessed to have you! And not to mention you're the cu-" she was cut off by a loud noise...it was rustling but also a strange kind of beating noise coming from the trees..."Wha-what's that?" she asked tentatively, subconsciously edging closer to Seth and Rhyhorn, clutching Hoppip tightly.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Tyson moved forward, clearly headed towards Viridian City, where he would rest. But, in hte meantime, it was Tyson's task to arrive at Viridian City.
Tyson saw something moving in the grass and walked towards it. A Pidgey! Tyson grabbed his Pokeball which contained Magnemite and released
Magnemite.

" Magnemite, use Metal Sound," Tyson commanded. A painful noise was emitted from Magnemite which threw the Pidgey off-guard.

"Magnemite, use Tackle," Tyson ordered, pointing at the Pidgey. Magnemite rushed at the Pidgey, knocking the bird Pokemon over. Tyson called Magnemite
and the Pokemon followed him. Within a hour walking, Tyson could just start to see the buildings of Virdian City, the next stop on Tyson's adventure.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Dylan and Abra had reached the edge of Violet City when Dylan recognized it. This was the place he landed at when entering the Johto region. Of course, he recognized the name, but when he landed he was in a state of shock. This time around though, he was fully functioning.

The city wasn't as big as he first remembered. It was just really spread out. From where he stood he could see the Pokemon Center, the Mart, the Gym, some houses and the tower he saw from before. The airport was hidden behind some trees by the Gym. He decided that he should first go to the Pokemon Center to see if there was somewhere he could rest.

"Hello, I'm Nurse Joy! Are any of your pokemon injured? Or are you looking for somewhere to stay?"

Remembering the Notepad he wrote Hi, I'm Dylan. My Abra is fine, I was looking for a place to stay. Where would that be?

"Oh, a silent one. Sorry, anyways, just follow Chansey. She will show the the rooms"

Thanks!He scribbled quickly as the Chansey grabbed his arm and pulled him to a hotel area. It was cozy little place, with a main area with a fireplace and some chairs. There was a hallway leading out of that room with doors on either side of it. He was led to a room that said room 4B. Opening the door he was delighted. The room was simple, just how he liked it. All that was in it was a bed on the far wall, a machine to hold Pokeballs, and what looked like a bed for pokemon. Probably for stubborn pokemon that don't like their pokeballs He thought.

"Hey!" I'm not stubborn, it's just cramped in there!"

I didn't mean you, Jem

"Sure..."

Dylan noticed the Chansey had left. He put his bag in front of his bed and sat down. What now?

"Well, I say we explore this place."

Alright. Lets go.

DarkAngel91

Years
~a few minutes later~

"Oh well. We can always try again later", Shirona said after the Sentret ran off. She and Vulpix made their way to Violet City. "Wow...this place is beautiful", she said in wonder. She went into the Pokemon Center. "Hello, and welcome to the Pokemon Center. My name is Nurse Joy. Do you have any pokemon that are injuried?", Nurse Joy asked. Shirona put Vulpix up on the counter. "Yeah, my Vulpix. I was also looking for a place to stay for a few days", Shirona said. "Ok. Follow Chansey and I will call for you when your pokemon is healed...miss?", Nurse Joy asked. "Shirona", Shirona replied. She followed Chansey to a spare room. She set her things down on the dresser and went to look around. She decided to sit and read some of her stories. She was called to get Vulpix a few minutes later.

Afterwards both trainer and pokemon decided they needed food. Shirona got a bacon cheeseburger with a bottle of Cherry Coke and Vulpix got special fire-type pokemon food. After dinner the two wandered around the pokemon center. Shirona bumped into someone. "Oh I am so sorry...hey Dylan!", she said, smiling. "How's things going with training?", she asked. Vulpix pawed her leg and Shirona picked her up.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Abra had fallen asleep again so Dylan put her in it's pokeball. He left his room and locked up to go and find some food. He hadn't realized how long it'd been since he ate. He was about halfway down the hall when someone bumped into him. He was about to go defensive when he recognized the girl.
"Oh I am so sorry...hey Dylan!" It was Sherry!

Dylan went to his bag to grab his notepad, when he realized he forgot his bag. He waved to Sherry and pointed to his back. He didn't want her to go, so he made a come along wave. He turned around and started walking, hoping she would follow.

Back