• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Individual Values - Can some one fill me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
Years
  • Okay, I spent most of today researching Natures, Effort Values and such, as I've never really been a very competitive Pokemon battle user, I've just played the games in order to complete the Pokedex and achieve personal goals.

I've hit a wall with IV, I simply cannot understand it for the pure reason I cant grasp the bare concept of it, What benefits does having a high IV in a stat give?

My current guess is okay, theres a random Pokemon I want to raise, I want it to excel in HP, so once I've gotten a majority of its EV's in that skill, and once I start nearing the level 50 mark, if I work out the IV and say it happens to be the maximum, 31 and its completely accurate, does this mean it will have a high HP stat?

I'm pretty sure I've asked a simple question for those in the know, but I'm pretty stumped, its all I need to know I think.. (because I've memorised everything else, and have an IV calculator)

Edit: Crap, wrong section, sorry mods/admins

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Individual Values are certain numbers that are predetermined whenever you see/fight/obtain a Pokémon. There is one for every stat (HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense). They range from 0-31. When stats are calculated, the last step is to add IVs. For example, if I have two nearly identical Bidoofs, the first one with no EVs, Lv 100, and an Attack IV of 23; the second one with no EVs, Lv 100, and an Attack IV of 0, then the first Bidoof will have 23 more Attack points then the second Bidoof.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back