• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inkpuddle does sprites... and fails miserably.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
  • I've always been pretty into pixel art, but the idea or spriting at such small sizes... it gives me nightmares. Okay, not nightmares, but it still scares the crap out of me.

Some lame attempts at the Kanto starters:
    Spoiler:

I hate that Squirtle's face. With a passion.

Misc:
    Spoiler:

Victini's face came out squashed because I worked it without a reference. |: I don't care much, I hate Victini anyway. Still, it's better than some of the others IMO, probably because I made it too big.

Taking requests, and I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate critique. I've never been amazing at pixel art but it's something I'd like to at least improve in.
    https://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4979/charmandersprite.png

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
    Years
  • Nidoran is the best because of the shading and that the border makes it stand out more, and you have shaded correctly

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I don't know why, but want to glomp that Bulbasaur. :3
    I really wish I could sprite like that. You have far more talent than I could ever hope to have. That's why I hate being critical. But as there's always something that can be improved on, I'll do my best. No point in generic "good work" comments, right? I suppose if I had to be critical, then I'd say that Squirtle's legs are slightly off. I think his face looks good though. Even though, I'm not sure what should be done with Charmander's second leg, it feels missing. The lines are also slightly bumpy in places. I think your Victini looks amazing. I really admire that you attempt to do scratch sprites. I'm madly in love with your work. Keep it up. :]

Years
  • I don't think your Squirtle's face is so bad. If you don't like it you could make it a little better if you moved the smaller eye closer to the edge of its head, like the Charmander's. Right now it looks a little sunken in, but if you moved it it might give the space between the eyes more prominence.

Back