• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inner Demon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    There's no escape for me, it wants my soul, it wants my heart.

Alyssa sat there chatting with the girl about random things, but anytime something about the past came up Alyssa would immediately changed the subject. They sat chatting for what seemed to be hour which only had been a few minutes when their conversation had been interrupted by a boy who was looking for someplace to sit. He sat down next to Siren. Alyssa didn't say anything..only gave him the iciest of stares and then returned to looking out the window.

"Either of you from Snowpoint?"

Alyssa remained silent for a few moments and then spoke, "What difference does it make if I tell you where I have or have not lived? It's trivial to ask such a pointless question." Alyssa said in an icy tone. Her face remained expressionless and she returned to looking out the window.

Master, aren't you being a bit too hard on this boy?

It matters not. I won't get to know him, my goal is to keep to myself..

As you wish master..

Then another boy came in. He was giving her a look of disgust, like he was disgusted by her looks. Just like that..that...

Stab him! Stab him! He's mocking you! Stab him! The voice echoed in her head. She shook it off..that was for another time..Alyssa would just toy with these fools for now..and if they found out anything about her..she would kill them. Simple as that.

"Hello," he said quietly. "Do you know if it's required to own a Pokémon in order to enter this school?"

Alyssa turned her icy stare to the boy who was looking at her with disgust. "I'm not sure..but if you ever look at me with disgust again you WILL be sorry, got it?" Alyssa's tone was icy, cold..she expressed no anger..only an icy warning. Memories of the girl who mocked her flooded back to her..and how it felt like a triumphant win to kill the little pest.

Her hands had begun to shake, it wouldn't be much longer before she snapped..and this was not the time to do it..to fall for that sickeningly sweet urge..

"Attention all passengers, this is train operator Samuel Jones, and I will be driving you to Hope High School. For your safety, please remain in your seat until it is prompted that you can do otherwise. Bathrooms are all the way in the back, while drinks will be served by a couple of car attendants in the front. As you might have noticed on your boarding pass, it'll be… Approximately three hours before we get to our destination. We hope you enjoy your trip."

Alyssa gave one last glance at the car..the boy asking to know where she had come from...the girl who she had for a few minutes properly socialized with and this..this boy who had looked at her with such disgust. She stood up and bowed politely, "Excuse me, I didn't eat anything before I left my house. I'm going to go to the snack bar.." She pushed the boy who had given her a look of disgust a side nearly throwing him to the ground to the process

Don't overdo it, master.

I'm trying not to...of course that's why I'm leaving the train cart of course..strange how people naturally attract each.. like to Nidorans in mating season. She was now walking blindly down to the front of the train car where the snack bar was..she shuddered at how mouth her dry was becoming looking at all the people talking..her animalistic urges were getting the best of her..

When she made it to the bar she was not alone, the boy she had seen right through..The "drug user" was sitting their sipping a scalding hot espresso. Alyssa paid no heed to whether or not he cared if she sat next to him. It didn't matter to her, it's not like they were enemies, nor were they friends. She sat there and ordered a Coke and gently sipped at the drink.

Not even shifting her gaze from the drink, she figured on apologizing..starting a new school year at this school she had snuck into...it was best if she wasn't on anyone's bad side. She sighed. "I'm sorry for the verbal assault. It was not wise of me. I suppose pointing out other people's flaws..makes me feel better about my own..and no matter how screwed up you are...you'll never match up to what I've done."

Master, your trudging into dangerous territory.

Be quiet Spiritomb

"So, I apologize for my rudeness before..but I've assume..just like you..you have seen through me as well? You know very well that I am just as damaged as you..but not by drugs..strange how doing such things can give you the ability to see right through people."

Alyssa had remained vague on most of the details..how could she tell anyone of the things SHE'S done. Point out others flaws when she can't even acknowledge her own? How much more hypocritical can you get? She sighed and continued sipping her drink..not expecting the boy to respond after how she treated him..but it was best to practice socializing while she could..

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    "He turned in horror," Nicholas read under his breath. At least, he did so until he was interrupted by the train lurching forward. He slightly bumped his head on the seat in front of him, and the occupant annoyingly told him to "Watch it." Nicholas obliged rubbing his forehead before finding, to his surprise, that the seat next to him had become occupied by a boy with a black headband around his neck.

The boy was also twirling a pokeball on his fingers. Nicholas rolled his eyes voicing his view on the obvious pokemon trainer saying, "Ugh, another egotistical pokemon trainer," under his breath but still loud enough to hear. The way he said pokemon trainer was dripping with exasperation, as his tormenters in Sunnyshore City had all owned, and misused, pokemon.

Nicholas attention was then distracted by the PA booming, "Attention all passengers, this is train operator Samuel Jones, and I will be driving you to Hope High School. For your safety, please remain in your seat until it is prompted that you can do otherwise. Bathrooms are all the way in the back, while drinks will be served by a couple of car attendants in the front. As you might have noticed on your boarding pass, it'll be… Approximately three hours before we get to our destination. We hope you enjoy your trip."

Nicholas scowled as that persuading voice in his head crooned, "They should be able to get you to the school faster, there should be a meal course, and they should have better seating. If the government cares so much about you, why can't they show it?"

Nicholas whined out what he was told, though with his own dramatic touch, but the idea that the government cared about him made him falter out of his hidden trance. To anyone else it would seem like he was acting like a spoiled brat, but on the inside Nicholas was self justifying himself, telling himself that he was truly appreciated.

The voice just gave him the starting push, and it was Nicholas himself who ran with it. Then he snapped back to himself feeling a bit empty and almost feather light. Nicholas stood with unusual ease as if his body wanted to lift itself up, and Nicholas scowled, thinking to himself, "I want to sit and be comfortable. Why couldn't I just feel at peace instead of light.

Then again, his books always described happiness as feeling "as light as air." He then rudely shoved pass the person sitting next to him and hurriedly walked to the front of the train where he could see a little café-like bar. From there he ordered a coffee with extra strong milk, and one of the sugary pastries they sold.

After the quick meal, Nicholas felt much better, though he didn't return to his seat. Instead he quietly eavesdropped as some girl apologized to the giant he had noticed earlier. He could see why she thought the giant boy was a drug user, and now that Nicholas was looking for it he could clearly see the tell-tale signs.

Though, Nicholas wondered what she might have done. The he decided not to, shuddering at his wild ideas that were based on parts of different books he had read. Nicholas sighed when he thought of his books and how he had been mean to the boy with the black headband. He walked back towards his seat, if only to read more of his book.

The messy remains of his meal however, was left that for the bartender to clean up. Mostly out of forgetfulness. At least that's what the kindhearted bartender hoped.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    "I'm not sure...but if you ever look at me with disgust again, you will be sorry, got it?" the girl hissed.

"Attention all passengers, this is train operator Samuel Jones, and I will be driving you to Hope High School. For your safety, please remain in your seat until it is prompted that you can do otherwise. Bathrooms are all the way in the back, while drinks will be served by a couple of car attendants in the front. As you might have noticed on your boarding pass, it'll be… Approximately three hours before we get to our destination. We hope you enjoy your trip."

The girl stood up and said politely, though Vlad detected a hint of hatred underneath her casual tone, "Excuse me, I didn't eat anything before I left my house. I'm going to go to the snack bar." She shoved Vlad aside with more force than necessary and hastily scrambled up the aisle towards the bar.

Vlad remained unfazed, though now there was a slight disturbance nagging at the back of his mind. Something...somehow familar about that girl's attitude. He thought back. The homeless teenagers back at the dump...yes, that was it. Mocked. Insulted. Prideful. Vengeful. And, though the girl might not have even noticed herself, perhaps a shred of guilt. Perhaps. Either way, she had suffered. Just like him. And just like, now that he thought about it, the boy that had sat in front of him. He frowned. Something was wrong about this whole school thing. But in his current state, 'Off-mode' as his parents called it, he couldn't think clearly or figure out what. It was like mist in the back of his mind, fog that no matter how many times he grabbed at, he could not catch. He would have to wait until that mist solidified. Although it was very likely that he would forget about it before that happened.

Slightly frowning, Vlad turned towards the other girl and the boy. They seemed all right. For the moment. Everything was hazy in Vlad's eyes when he was 'off'. The only thing he truly saw, and understood, was his own self. In any case, he decided to forget about the Pokemon issue. Surely the staff would provide him with one. Or he could go catch some in a forest or something. He was sure he could at least manage to find a Pidgey.

"Sorry for the disturbance," Vlad said to the other two. Then he turned back and returned to his seat.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    Purge me now, of thoughts of blaming you

The caffeine of the over-charged espresso seemed to relax Damien a bit, for his growingly shaking motions decreased slightly and his popped veins began to hide under his skin. Not to mention he actually loved the flavor of coffee and the sensation of a hot cloud of breath coming out after exhaling. It was relaxing. The quietness of the mini bar helped, too. All Damien hoped was that no one would approach and that he could stay alone for the rest of the trip. Ah, but good things don't last long now, do they. After taking a deep breath and absentmindedly staring at a Gallade clock on the wall, the female that called him out as a drug user came through the door frame. Damien didn't even bother looking at her, but it was hard to have her unnoticed after she took a seat next to him. It was even harder when she began to speak.

"I'm sorry for the verbal assault. It was not wise of me. I suppose pointing out other people's flaws... Makes me feel better about my own… And no matter how screwed up you are... You'll never match up to what I've done."

Damien sighed. All he could think of saying was "Cool story, bro." Why couldn't everyone just keep stuff to themselves? Like, why was everyone so expressive on this train? Damien didn't need an apology, he didn't care for one. Chances were he wasn't every speaking to that girl again, why should she even bother in apologizing? Couldn't everyone just sit down and read a book or remain quiet throughout the trip? He didn't give a flying 'f' about what everyone was put through, or about what anyone had done; he didn't want to know. All he wanted to do was staying alive. That was why he was headed to Hope High School. There was something about the female, though; that didn't allow Damien just to stand up and walk away. She seemed as damaged as he was, and she needed as much help. But he wasn't the one to help right now, he had enough problems on his own. By now, another guy had come over to the bar and got some food, but he remained quiet. Damien was thankful for that. Why couldn't everyone be like him, just, minding their own business. The guy left, and the girl spoke again.

"So, I apologize for my rudeness before... But I assume... Just like you... You have seen through me as well? You know very well that I am just as damaged as you... But not by drugs... Strange how doing such things can give you the ability to see right through people."

Well, now this had been really eerie. Not only had this girl guessed that he was a lover of narcotics, but now she had pretty much read his mind. For some reason, he felt connected… Related to this girl. Although she knew what he was guilty about and he didn't, there was something in the way she told him things that he could identify. Still, the connection wasn't strong enough like to get him to speak. No, no; probably only a twin sibling or something could have a connection that strong, actually. It was enough, however, to get Damien to look up at her, eyes meeting.

"Why would you care… About what I think of you? People like us need to live free of that guilt."

The 'us' was really marked out, clearly pointing out that Damien felt identified with this female. After saying that, Damien took the last sip off of his espresso, and then he threw it away to the trash can next to a car attendant serving the drinks. The girl flinched and jumped a bit as the polystyrene cup perfectly landed on the trash can and many papers crumbled. True basketball shot right there.

~Three points.~ Damien thought to himself as he stood up from the stool, the very first smile of the day appearing in his face. Without saying anything, or without letting the girl speak, he looked at her and said: "Apologized," with a blank expression on his face. Without further do, Damien exited the front of the train, walking now all the way to the back. As he sauntered through the aisle, he carefully examined everyone on the train, much like he was being stared at. After exchanging a glance with pretty much everyone on that train, some longer than others, Damien got to the bathroom. Or, actually, bathroom. There was only one unisex restroom on the vehicle.

"Practical?" Damien mutter with hidden sarcasm as he walked in and locked the door, the sign switching from a green 'Available' to a red 'Occupied' as the door closed. The restroom was simple, but it was very nicely decorated and fabulously clean. Pearl insert and pastel tiles adorned the small room. Even the paper dispenser seemed fancy. There, Damien washed his hands and then sat down on the toilet. No, he wasn't using it, he lowered the lid and used it as a seat. At least there he was going to get some alone time and privacy. Until someone knocked, or tried to get in, at least. Damien sighed as he tried to find a clock to see the hour, and eventually found one above the door.

"ETA," he muttered, "2.45 hours."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    I am Anton

Anton was still fuming when Vlad returned to the seat opposing him, and from his expression Anton deducted that this boy had just had a rough time trying to find out the answer to his question. Then Anton's stomach began to churn, the feeling alien to Anton.

"What the hell is this? What is happening to me? Could this be a new feeling?"

Anton was never one for feelings, he always hid them away, and becoming the façade that he had put up years before, becoming the angry person he was. So much had happened to Anton that it was too much, he could not cope with these emotions, and they left him vulnerable. The only other time he had felt like this was that time, a time Anton would never forget.

Flashback:

The snow swirled around Anton's feet as he zipped up his jacket even further, trying to keep the ever present cold from invading his body. He had not eaten anything since two days ago and his stomach was over growling and now begun to eat what little fat he had on his body. Terror was wrapped around his neck, a scaly, grey scarf.

Then they came, the children from school, the bullies who always beat him but now the tides had changed, Anton had been working out, learning, adapting, and surviving. He detached Terror from his neck and placed him in the tree, away from any harm that may befall him.

"T-t-terror, s-s-stay safe."

Anton turned back to face his opponents, six in all, most probably at his limits in the best of times but now, Anton was sure he could only handle tree maybe four at most.

"There are too many, I'll have to try my best, I'll make sure none of them hurt my friend!"

Then Anton's stomach began to churn, not the constant churn of hunger but another churn, this one alien. Then it dawned on Anton, may be this was the feelings he had thrown away and lost all those years ago.

Anton's feet began to move, slow walking at first then into a slow jog and finally he found himself running towards his opponents, the rage filling his body with warmth and confidence to take these bullies on.
    After several minutes of kicking, punching and dodging, Anton had managed to dispatch only two of the six bullies, and now lay panting on the ground, struggling to keep the bullies foot from squeezing the breath out of his lungs. Anton hurt all over, he had felt like this many times before but he had been training, he had made sure this would never happen again and yet it was happening now!

Two of the bullies walked over to where Anton was lying and he saw that between their grip they held a struggling winged Pokémon.

"Terror," Anton managed to rasp.

"Shut up, punk. You hurt two of my guys so by my calculation, if I hurt your 'terror'," the bully laughed, "then everything will be even."

"No, don't you hurt him, as**ole!"

"What are you going to do, punk, hurt me?" The bully laughed again, Anton was in no place to threaten, he had been beaten.

Then the park was flooded with lights and Anton let go of the bully's leg to shield his eyes from the bright light. Then a car door slammed and a woman yelled;

"You kids, get away from him! And put his Pokémon down too."
    The bullies, fearing repercussions left Anton lying on the ground and chucked Terror against the nearby tree.

The woman came over to inspect Anton and found him swimming in and out of consciousness, he was cold, hungry and on the precipice of life and death. He had exerted all his energy and his body began to shut down, allowing hypothermia to sink in. She bundled Anton into the back of her car and ran back to get his Pokémon, placing him by Anton in the back. She turned up the heat on the air-con and drove home, their safety was up most important.

Anton came back to reality when the song on his iPod had changed. The kid, Vlad was still sitting opposite him, looking sullen and ghostly pale. Anton rehearsed what he was going to say over and over again in his mind as he turned off his iPod and places it back into his back.

"Look, I am not a social person; I have a hard time talking to other people…" Anton hesitated, could he really trust this kid? He had never tried to make friends before, this was a chance, and it might be his only chance at that. "…I don't know the answer to your question. But anyway, I am Anton."

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    "Look, I am not a sociable person...I have a hard time talking to other people...I don't know the answer to your question. But anyway, I am Anton."

Vlad's ears twitched. He had been listening keenly to every word Anton had said. His voice betrayed his hesitation, but also depicted hints of nervousness and uncertainty. And, burrowed deep beneath the other emotions, he could detect the faintest trace of fear. Fear of being rejected. Or ignored.

"I am Vlad," Vlad answered. "Vlad Constantin. I must admit, I am not a sociable person myself. But nevertheless, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Vlad's speech pattern was one of the strangest ones you could find. Because of his rather unbalanced state of mind, his speech varied from modern slang to old-fashioned, nineteenth century talk. Right now you could say he was somewhere between the two, speaking in an incredibly polite and formal manner. But Vlad never did notice the changes of his speech.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (OOC: I feel inclined to note that Diego gave me permission to bunny Damien a little bit at the end... >.>')

The boy seemed to be thinking for a moment... thinking very hard. She could tell that he obviously didn't want to be anywhere near her right now, though she figured that she hadn't cared about his preference to be a loner before, so why start now?

Elizabeth found herself so caught up in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice that the boy was now staring straight at her, his awesome that not longer covered his face. She nearly shattered her calm expression in surprise, but managed to appear unchanged. For one thing, his face didn't really look much like anything she had imagined it to be. His facial features were a lot more soft... almost resembling her father's with the exception of his eyes. They were hazel and rather bloodshot, though something else seemed a little bit off about them as well, beneath his obvious projection of his will for her to leave him alone, of course. He opened his mouth to finally give Elizabeth the one fragment of information she had worked to pry out of him when the train shuddered and began to move.

"Attention all passengers, the train operator, Samuel Jones, and I will be driving you to Hope High School. For your safety, please remain in your seat until it is prompted that you can do otherwise. Bathrooms are all the way in the back, while drinks will be served by a couple of car attendants in the front. As you might have noticed on your boarding pass, it'll be... Approximately three hours before we get to our destination. We hope you enjoy your trip."

The boy leaned back in his seat and sighed, causing Elizabeth to fear for a moment that he had lost the motivation to share his name. Elizabeth faced forward and frowned, more that a little annoyed that her time had been wasted on such a hopeless cause. She began to devise her own little plan for revenge...

"Damien. Damien Decay."

Elizabeth jumped a bit, her head snapping to the side and eyes widening slightly. Did he just say...?

The seatbelt sign turned off with a beep and Damien was immediately on his feet, carefully stepping around Elizabeth so as not to come in contact with her and heading toward the front of the train car. Elizabeth sat frozen in her seat for a moment, still staring at the empty space where Damien Decay had been sitting seconds before. A smile slowly broke across her face and she let out a laugh, not seeming to notice or care that Damien had fled her company while she basked in the glow of her victory. Now that she had her foot in the proverbial door, Elizabeth was more motivated than ever to force Mr. Decay to open up even further little by little. Even if he didn't end up being her friend, at least it would be more than enough to keep her preoccupied for a good week.

Elizabeth picked up her shoulder bag and slipped her iPod out and put an earbud in one ear, choosing an especially loud and entertainingly pointless song before sliding it into her hoodie and closing her eyes, content to just sit back and relax for a bit. She reached into her jean pocket for a piece of gum, eyes snapping open when a finger jammed against something hard and she heard a familiar flick in her free ear. Elizabeth bit back a curse and attempted to pull away her hand, though she felt the cold blade graze her palm. She pushed her hand back inside to flip the blade closed and reached into her bag with the opposite hand, pulling out a packet of tissues and ripping out a wad. Glancing around to make sure there were no curious eyes, Elizabeth pulled out her injured hand, this time allowing herself to mutter a few obscenities as she surveyed the damage. It wasn't a very deep cut, though blood was already beginning to seep out at an alarming rate. She placed the tissues on the cut and balled her hand up into a fist before shoving it back into her pocket, this time taking care not to touch the switchblade. Even as her grip tightened, Elizabeth was too frustrated to pay any attention to the pain.

She swung her bag over her shoulder and stood, briskly making her way to the area she had been informed held the bathrooms, finding, much to her horror, that there was only one bathroom, and that said bathroom was currently occupied. Not knowing what else to do, Elizabeth politely knocked on the door, glancing back down the isle in fear that she may have caught someone's attention. When she felt blood beginning to drip through the tissues, she knocked harder, almost tempted to begin kicking at the door when it suddenly swung open, revealing none other than Damien Decay.

Elizabeth felt her face drain and then flush hotly within the course of a few seconds as she stood there frozen with a bleeding hand in her pocket. She forced herself to smile, though she knew that she looked every bit flustered and spoke much too quickly.

"Oh, hello Damien. Sorry for... uh... Disturbing you. But you know, I'm just not feeling very well all of a sudden," Elizabeth said lamely, knowing that the only thing standing between her and a place she could try and fix her hand was a guy who was probably there in the first place because of her big annoying mouth.

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    (OOC: Quick Post :3)

The train suddenly jerked forwards, sending a quick chill down Soul's spine. Luckily, Soul was alright, having caught the Pokeball just at the right moment. However it seemed that the blond haired kid next to him wasn't as fortunate, having slammed his head on the seat in front of them.

"Watch it." Soul mumbled with a slight smirk on his face.

The kid took a moment to regain his poise before he observed Soul, rolling his eyes."Ugh, another egotistical Pokemon trainer," the boy next to him mumbled under his breath, but conveniently still loud enough to hear

No sooner had the kid spoke, Soul shot a glare which made Medusa's look like a smile. He stopped twirling the ball in his hand, clenching it tightly inside of a fist. How dare he even think about saying that! That... Shrimp... Bookworm. How could he judge him already? Its not like that nerd had ever seen him around Takeo or Hades. And, he looked like he couldn't even take on a Caterpie. Christ, the bookworm was about half Soul's height and still talking smack. Maybe that knock on the head had screwed up his brain. He was another ignorant moron.

He was just another reason people are useless.

Suddenly, a voice boomed over the loudspeaker, diverting Soul's thoughts. "Attention all passengers, this is train operator Samuel Jones, and I will be driving you to Hope High School. For your safety, please remain in your seat until it is prompted that you can do otherwise. Bathrooms are all the way in the back, while drinks will be served by a couple of car attendants in the front. As you might have noticed on your boarding pass, it'll be… Approximately three hours before we get to our destination. We hope you enjoy your trip."

"They should be able to get you to the school faster, there should be a meal course, and they should have better seating." The bookworm whined like a spoiled spoink, almost as if Soul had already punched him in the face. "If the government cares so much about you, why can't they show it?"

Soul didn't respond to the kid, instead continuing the hate-filled stare.

Suddenly, the kid shot up from his seat, shoving past Soul and scurrying down the isle. Although a bit flustered, Soul again just glared at the kid. He would have loved nothing more then to kick the kid's @$$ (OOC: I just like writing it that way :3) . However, the thought of getting prematurely expelled and being forced back into his ignorant home with his intrusive and irritating parents was the only thing keeping him.
    All he knew was, if that dweeb made a comment about him again, he would receive a fist to the face. Momentarily, he wished that he could let Takeo out of his ball, just so he could have some backup and re-assurance that he made the right choice.

Soul reclined in the seat closing his eyes, trying to block out the noise from the train as well as calm down. 2 hours 45 minutes to go. Whatever the case, he hoped the bookworm would take his time coming back.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    If there's a price for rotten judgment, I guess I've already won that

"Why would you care… About what I think of you? People like us need to live free of that guilt." The boy said. The two had not asked each other's names but there was an underlying connection between the two and somehow a sense of relief washed over Alyssa.

"I suppose your right, such things are trivial to people like us."

The 'us' clearly identified the two with each other. The two knew that they were just as damaged as another. But there was something else there something different that Alyssa had not been able to recognize. Relief. That was it. Relief. When she had spoken with this boy..a sense of relief washed over her...

And that was something she hadn't felt before.

He hadn't started mocking her..he hadn't started saying spiteful words..It was a sense of relief that she associated this boy with. Alyssa smiled and kept silent as she watched him walk away. Alyssa wasn't sure she would ever see the boy again and hadn't even asked his name of him and he hadn't asked her name. They were complete strangers, yet how could they say passed each other's hardened exterior that had taken so long to build up?

This baffled Alyssa. Alyssa was sure to keep herself hard to anyone else but Spiritomb..in that one moment she apologized to him..had he seen through her? No, she already knew that he had seen through her. She gently sipped the drink again.

Odd....

What is it Spiritomb?

Familiarity...that's all master. None of your concern

Estimated time of Arrival 2:45, jeesh this is going to be a long train ride...

I want you to be careful, master.

About who, Spiritomb?

That boy that just left..he can get to much out of you..if he is working with the police you know it could be the end of u-

What kind of drug addict works with the police?

Your still revealing to much master! You didn't even tell him your name and he's already known that you have done just as many bad things as he has! And you saying you've worse..that..that...that's just....!

SPIRITOMB! Calm down!

Sorry...but if you go back...so do I...

Ah, yes, the odd key stone seal... they'll I know I took the keystone and put you back where you belong.

I don't want to go back to that dingy old hole...

I'm sorry Spiritomb. I didn't realize you'd get so flustered about this. You are right I must be a bit more..careful. And with that Alyssa ordered another Coke and began sipping at it.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    You are everything I want, 'cause you are everything I'm not

Knock knock.

Oh, c'mon. It hadn't been more than a minute since Damien entered this small bathroom, and someone was already knocking on it? Why would someone knock, anyway? It was obvious it was occupied, and if it was occupied, the person inside wouldn't slice its deuce to open. Damien felt an urge of yelling to the person outside to wait for their turn, but instead, he remained quiet and motionless, trusting that the person was going to leave after a while. To Damien, it didn't matter he wasn't actually using it, he got there first and he had the room for as long as he wanted. Or so he thought.

The person knocked again, louder now.

Feeling a bit of remorse kick in, Damien stood up from the closed toilet. Maybe someone had eaten some bad chili, situation he'd totally understand. What he didn't know, of course, was that the situation wasn't exactly that. Putting his most hypocritical smile, Damien arranged his fedora, faked a flush and swung the door open, ready to step out until…

Surprise.

"Oh, hello Damien. Sorry for... uh... Disturbing you. But you know, I'm just not feeling very well all of a sudden."

God dammit, even in the bathroom did he have to be followed? Give him a break, please. Initially, Damien didn't believe this; he thought Elizabeth might have followed him in order to continue chatting. The fact that she picked the toilet to do so puzzled him, though. Damien took a deep breath as his expression shifted to a bored one, but then, as he lowered his sight to walk away without having to make eye contact, something grasped his attention. Elizabeth's hand was bleeding, heavily; and that was very obvious even though she was trying to conceal it. Something hit Damien just then. His face morphed to one of surprise, he almost gasped, before speaking.

"You're hurt."

Damien stated the obvious, but with caring eyes, he pulled Elizabeth's wounded hand towards him, hoping Elizabeth wouldn't apply resistance. He examined the now crimson-tinged palm carefully, and without any word, carefully pulled the female deeper into the bathroom and let running water from the sink wash the blood. Damien didn't even look at Elizabeth more than once, he was extremely focused on the wound; and he acted almost mechanically, like a doctor robot. Once the blood had been washed away, Damien stretched to a small box placed under the sink and pulled out a small first aid kit. He took a seat in the toilet once again as he began operating.

Opening the box with the hand that wasn't holding Elizabeth's, Damien pulled a small piece of cloth and a liquid that was based off Pokémon's Potions, but for humans. Dampening the cloth, he applied the liquid to the wound, knowing that it would sting; but he wasn't really paying attention to Elizabeth's reactions. He'd heal her whether she wanted or not. But, why was Damien doing this?

Many times had Damien been in similar situations, much worse also, and if he could ask for one thing in the whole world, it would have been that anyone had cared. Maybe he wasn't befriending Elizabeth, maybe he wasn't going to speak to her ever again, but if someone had done what he was doing for her now, Damien's life wouldn't be the hellhole it now is. That was something he always had present, and he believed that by doing actions like these, he'd somehow redeem himself and maybe be Ok in the future.

The next thing Damien did was pull out a bandage and a gauze, obviously to finish his procedure. He let go of Elizabeth's hand, unsure if she was still in pain, and then proceeded to pull out his balisong from his back pocket. As he revealed the butterfly knife, he spun it in a really artistic way to get it open. The butterfly knife spinning was one of his favorite hobbies, and in just some seconds he did flashy spins and revolutions. He didn't care if this wasn't the time to be a show-off, he didn't even look at the knife; he did that almost because of instinct; again, acting robotically. It did make him look terribly intimidating, though. With the aforementioned knife, he threw a slash forward, and while it seemed like he was about to cut Elizabeth's hand off, he cut an unnecessary part of the long bandage. After applying the gauze, he began to wrap it around the girl's hand. Soon enough, the wound had been treated. Damien took a deep breath, apparently relieved, and then stood up; spinning his knife back into his pocket. He stared at Elizabeth, direct eye contact, with a caring expression, and then walked away without saying anything.

Damien was out of places to go. Where could he go hide now? Confused, Damien walked over to the front of the train, picking his bag on the way there and avoiding any sort of eye contact, and got to a door that read 'car attendants only'. He pondered whether to go in or not for a couple of minutes, looking from side to side after each passing second. Ignoring it, he broke in to get to a small room with nothing but two seats for the attendants, who were busy at the moment. Sighing, he took a seat and stared at another clock.

"Two hours, 27 minutes to go."

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (OOC: Because I'm sure you all want to read a post that is predominantly about Elizabeth's feelings ;3)

Elizabeth had cut her hand open before; twice, in fact. The first had been the result of her falling out of a tree and attempting to catch herself by grabbing onto a branch, finding it to be not such a good idea when she ended up lying on the ground anyway, broken branch digging into her hand. Her family wasn't home at the time and, as it was before the robber incident, not many precautionary steps had been taken to help her if something like this happened. She managed to clean and dress her injury sloppily, though she was still chastised when her parents came home and given the same disgusted look by her sister as was typical in situations like this. Elizabeth didn't take her parents' words to heart, of course, and was back to climbing trees the next day. Her parents did everything by the book, the same parenting book that Elizabeth had gone through at one point so that she knew how her parents would react in just about every situation. The second time had been a training accident when she was sparring with her neighbor's Pokemon. She attempted to flip backwards out of the way of her opponents attack, finding that this, too, wasn't such a good idea when there was the occasional sharp rock sticking out of the ground. Her neighbor had taken the time to carefully clean and dress the cut, giving her advice that she actually took to heart concerning how to avoid something like this happening again. Neither experiences would prove to be much like the one she was about to have, however.

Now, Damien looked down at her with a bored expression, obviously annoyed with being bothered even though it didn't appear as though he were using the bathroom for its conventional purposes. Elizabeth's smile faded and she felt herself tense up as Damien's eyes fell to her pocket and he looked genuinely surprised.

"You're hurt."

Before Elizabeth could respond, Damien had gripped her wrist and pulled out her hand to look at it. She instinctively wanted to pull back, but the expression on his face was so strange as he intently looked over her palm that she didn't know how to react. Damien pulled her into the bathroom and held her hand under the faucet, allowing the water to wash the blood out of her injury. Elizabeth blinked. What the heck does he think he's doing?

When the water finally flowed off of her hand clear, Damien found a small first aid kit under the sink and sat on the toilet, which had the lid down, of course. He opened the box, never releasing her hand and never acknowledging the person to whom it belonged. He pulled out a container of liquid and dabbed it onto her cut with a small cloth, reawakening the pain that she had successfully ignored up until that point. She bit her lip and forced herself not to pull away; that would just make an already awkward situation that much worse.

The boy then took a piece of gauze and finally released Elizabeth's hand. Relieved to have possession of her whole body again. She flexed her palm slightly, grimacing when the pain intensified. A glimmer of steel caught her attention and she jumped back slightly, watching as Damien spun a knife in his hands. While she probably should have been more nervous about a guy she hardly knew spinning a knife around in his hands while they were in an enclosed place with no witnesses, she was too distracted by the glint of metal as it sliced through the air, displaying the skill of its wielder. Suddenly, the knife flashed too close to Elizabeth's wrist and in turn came with a wave of fear that pushed aside any reasonable thought. There was no place for her to move in the small bathroom in order to attempt and dodge the blade. She was trapped.

The knife cut through the long bandage he held. He pressed the gauze onto Elizabeth's palm and began wrapping the bandage around it and, just like that, he was done. He stood, flipped his knife closed and met Elizabeth's eyes with the same expression as before... Concern? Why on earth should he be concerned about her?

Probably the same reason he decided to help me when I didn't ask for it, Elizabeth thought. Whatever the heck his reason was.

Damien left the bathroom without saying a word, not pausing to allow Elizabeth to thank him, not that she would have anyway. As soon as the boy's towering figure disappeared through the doorway, Elizabeth closed the door and locked it, hoping the Occupied symbol would work better for her than it did Damien. She looked down at her bandaged hand and felt her face flush as a torrent of emotions raged through her and she started pacing back and forth in the small room. How could she have allowed herself to be put into this situation? She was never allowed to make those kinds of mistakes; she was not supposed to be vulnerable, not ever. That boy had had a knife! Okay, so it was common knowledge that few people walked around unarmed anymore, not to mention hypocritical on account of the source of her injury, but it was still unsettling how close the blade had come to her wrist...

Who did Damien Decay think that he was, anyway? He'd already made it more than clear that he didn't want to interact with Elizabeth any more than necessary, so why didn't he just walk by? Did he fancy himself some sort of silent superhero, or was it something else entirely?

Anger continued to burn inside of her, begging for some sort of release. Elizabeth paused for a moment, giving the small trash bin beside the sink a harsh kick and finding little satisfaction when a crack appeared in the white plastic. She was reminded of every time she had let her parents down, the friendships that had sunk on her watch and every time she had failed. Elizabeth squeezed her eyes shut and wound her hair between her fingers, sitting down on the toilet seat lid. As the memories flooded over Elizabeth, she started to pull, fighting against the horrible feelings that were emerging from the memories she wished so desperately wished weren't hers. She didn't want to feel so much hate toward her family, but the wall she had built between herself and them was too strong to be taken down easily, and the guilt was too painful of a obstacle to fight through. There was only one person who she knew would truly miss her, but the friendship between her and her neighbor couldn't make up for all the other people she lacked in her life. Even if he was like a father to her, her real father was still all but a stranger to his own daughter. Elizabeth just wanted it all to stop.

There was a hesitant knock on the bathroom door and Elizabeth gave a heavy sigh. She allowed her hands to fall away from her hair, paying no attention to the pain in her head or her bandaged hand. After standing and flushing the unused toilet, Elizabeth walked over to the sink, running the water on cold until she was satisfied with the temperature. She took a paper towel and got it damp, dabbing the cool towel across her face until the red had mostly faded away. She reached into her bag and pulled out a pair of gloves, carefully pulling them over her hands. Turning off the faucet and throwing away the bloody tissues, Elizabeth made sure her shirt covered the dark spot that rested over her pocket and opened the door. A rather desperate-looking boy looked at her as she emerged, obviously not happy with the wait. Elizabeth glared at him before walking down the isle, ignoring him as he walked into the abnormally warm bathroom.

Elizabeth returned to her seat and plugged herself into her iPod, pulling up her hood to shadow her face. To no surprise, both Damien and his luggage were now missing, leaving Elizabeth to herself. She turned away from the isle and stared out the window, numbly watching pieces of the world fly by.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Breathing space

"At times life can suck, and nothing can change that."

Those three words; "I am Anton" had been the hardest things to say and Anton did not know why. His throat had clogged up and it felt like he was choking, his words turning into bile right there in his throat and for a split second he actually believed that he was going to throw up.

"What the hell is this, this feeling is completely alien, and how am I to react?"

This conversation was beginning to get too much for Anton, the walls he had built up around him, around his feelings were beginning to crumble and like a dam, the flood of emotions was going to was Anton away if he did not do something; and quick. Then the unexpected happened, the boy talked to him, despite his social disability, the kid actually talked back to him, this time in a calmer, polite tone:

"I am Vlad, Vlad Constantin. I must admit, I am not a sociable person myself. But nevertheless, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Anton had never heard someone talk like that, even his latest pair of parents had not talked like that and they were the closest things he had actually felt to parents. It seemed that this boy actually wanted to be Anton's friend; no others had been like that. They had all scrutinized him, bullied him, made him sink deeper into the hole of hate that he resided in but this one, this… person had removed the capstone over top of the well that Anton lived in, he was the light that poured in, that gave him strength, he was the dropped rope that would aid Anton's escape, Anton's progression into society. Something deep inside Anton stirred; something buried long ago, something he had not experienced in such a long time… trust.

"Attention all passengers, the train operator, Samuel Jones, and I will be driving you to Hope High School. For your safety, please remain in your seat until it is prompted that you can do otherwise. Bathrooms are all the way in the back, while drinks will be served by a couple of car attendants in the front. As you might have noticed on your boarding pass, it'll be... approximately three hours before we get to our destination. We hope you enjoy your trip."

The intercom's message had snapped Anton out of the trance he had fell in, and now he knew exactly what he was supposed to do. Aton only trusted a select few, his latest parents being the only ones. However this kid sitting next to him seemed genuine, someone Anton could actually trust.

"But all in due time," Anton thought, "making rash decisions is a mistake many make, and I will not be like them."

Anton stayed quiet for a while yet, thinking carefully of what he was going to say next. This meeting could actually turn into something meaningful, something more than two passing people, this could be the beginning of a friendship. Anton had never been in this sort of situation before, it being totally alien to him.

He watched from his seat as the aisle filled and emptied with people, just a blur of faces until he spotted one of the others he had paid close attention to, a weird girl with a strange, odd keystone necklace who headed towards the front, most probably to get a drink. Then another one passed only a few minutes after the girl, this one a big, muscled boy who headed towards the toilet. Then only a couple of minutes after him another girl followed the boy towards the toilet, Anton noticed this one had tissues scrunched up in a closed fist.

"This is one weird train ride," Anton thought, "With a lot of weird people."
    Anton had forgotten about the boy who was sitting next to him, the one whom Anton was sure he could get along with.

"Sorry about that," He said to Vlad, "I phased out a bit there. I'll talk to you soon."

Anton got up and walked up the aisle towards the front of the carriage, he needed fresh air, a place to think and get his mind sorted.

Everything was happening faster than Anton could cope with and it was threatening to over whelm him. He needed somewhere quiet where he could think. Anton had taken his bag with him, he did not trust anyone just yet, and he was not about to leave his bag alone unattended, anyone could go through it and he was not too sure if the Vlad kid would stop anyone or stop himself from taking things.

When he arrived in the front of the car, Anton noticed doors that lead to somewhere that was 'car attendants only'.

He was sure that no one would annoy him here and it seemed to be the perfect place to get away from the clutter of the train carriage filled with the students. He opened the door and found two seats, obviously these were for the car attendants who at this point in time were busy elsewhere on the train.

"Perfect." Anton muttered and quickly darted in making sure no one saw him enter. It was dimly lit and the wall opposite was occupied by a clock that suggested two and a half hours left till their estimated arrival. He walked over and sat down in the darkest corner opposite the door folded his legs and placed his hands palm up on his knees. He rested his head in the corner of the two intersecting walls and began to meditating, sorting out his thoughts and calming his body until his breathing was slow and little, and lost to the eternal archives of his brain.

Anton was in such a deep trance that he did not noticed the big, bulky boy enter the room three minutes later, Anton had cut off all external links to the outside world and sat alone in his mind. His Nirvana, his Haven, his Home.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Yes, I've lost my mind.

Alyssa finished off her third Pepsi and headed back down the isle of cars..Everywhere was full but a lone car where one girl had pulled up her hood and was listening to music.

Alyssa didn't trust herself being a car with more than two people so she entered the car and sat across the girl who was numbly ignoring the world.

Alyssa didn't say anything, like this girl, she wanted to numbly ignore the world and all its hate, its evil, its horror. Alyssa turned her attention to the window as well.

The scenery was beautiful..it almost made Alyssa forget her troubles. Almost was the key word though. Her soul was already weighed down by too much blood. She would never feel peace, not for a good long while anyway.

Master, isn't this the girl who was with that boy?

I believe so, Spiritomb.

Do you think you should speak to her?

It's an interesting proposal.

Alyssa didn't say anything at first..of course no doubt she wanted too.. She was having a hard time figuring out what to say. She pondered from simply asking her name, to asking if she had any connection to the boy.

She examined the girl discretely..she could bring up the subject of hair...no to girly...Clothing? No, Alyssa knew nothing on these topics. She sighed and looked at the girls iPod.

Music? Was that a good topic?

Worth a shot...

"What kind of music do you like?" She asked politely. Alyssa was not trying to make friends, merely practicing interacting with other human beings without going ballistic..Of course she could also ask about the boy who she had a mysterious bond with..she probably knew his name.. No, that would be pestering invalid information.

Alyssa merely stayed quiet and hoped for an answer... ignoring the hostility that emanating from the girl..If anything happened she would grab the knife from her secret pocket in her skirt..

Estimated time of arrival 2 hours and 27 minutes.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (OOC: Elizabeth just needs to get over it... -.-')

Elizabeth really didn't mind sitting alone very much, even if it did mean that it gave her a little too much room to think. What bothered her was how emotionally unprepared she was for... well, everything. Every single trial she had met thus far had flattened her more completely than a stampede of Mamoswine could ever manage. She just needed to be put away for the sake of humanity before she bothered anyone else until they disappeared, too.

She felt herself begin to lose consciousness as the chorus from one of her favorite songs came on:

"...and I've contrived some sort of a plan to help my fellow man,
    let's get emotional girls to all wear mood rings,
    so we'll be tipped off to when they're ticked off
    'cause we'll know just what they're thinking
    'cause what they're thinking..."

"What kind of music do you like?"

Elizabeth nearly fell out of her seat when she was suddenly jerked back to full consciousness, her senses on high alert. There was now a girl standing in the isle, her attention focused, unfortunately, on Elizabeth. The girl had the same blue-gray ponytail as the person who had first accused Damien of being a druggie, but now Elizabeth had the opportunity to look her over.

She was a small person and very pale, the clash between her boots and skirt something that Elizabeth admittedly liked. Her yellow-pink eyes caught Elizabeth off-guard for a moment, though she quickly brushed it off as obviously being artificial. There was some reason she had decided to speak to a random girl other than the desire for small-talk, but Elizabeth was too tired to think about it and decided to play along.

"Nothing in particular, really... Well, maybe Alternative, but I'm not sure what all fits into that category anyway..." Elizabeth muttered.

She glanced over at the empty seat beside her and sighed, knowing that it would be smart to try and keep the girl at arms length until she knew more about her, but she just wanted to get whatever it was that she wanted over with so that she could rest. It would be easiest to try and get her to leave, but making an enemy would not be the wisest choice with the concentration of messed up people heading to one school.

"You can sit down it you want," Elizabeth said quietly, flipping her iPod to a different song and absently playing with the volume while she waited for the girl to make her move.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Nicholas plopped into his seat across from the pokemon trainer from earlier. He ducked his head into a random book, scowling as realized he had already read it. Sadly, Nicholas was too scared of the pokemon trainer giving him an earful for what he had said. Nicholas wouldn't give him that chance.
    Nicholas was keeping his ears open though, just in case he should apologize. "What am I saying?" Nicholas thought to himself, "I don't have to say sorry to anyone. The nagging guilt Nicholas felt still wouldn't leave, so Nicholas promised himself that he would apologize if the trainer talked first.
    There was still 2 hours and 27 minutes before the train reached the school.

(Not much to write about -_-')

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Vlad was lost in thought. The issue with having a Pokemon had brought another idea to his head. What kind of Pokemon would he like? He had never interacted much with Pokemon, not even when the Constantin family had taken him in. He had always been too busy with himself to worry about other things. He was even vaguely aware that somebody like him couldn't possibly care for a pet, much less train it. It was too much responsibility, and he had his head stuck in the clouds most of the time.

The train lurched. Vlad estimated that about forty minutes had gone past. That still left a lot of time. He didn't have an iPod or an MP3. He hadn't even brought a book. And he had had his share of thinking for the day. Sighing, he rolled over. He might as well sleep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back