• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Innocence Can Never Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    OOC: I guess I should start..?
    Leo hung out in a bar doing nothing but just sitting around. He snuck a bit of beer from the counter when the barmaid wasn't looking. He wasn't old enough to drink but enjoyed it once in a while for the fun of it. Though he drank he was always responsible, never getting carried away. " He drink half of the mug. He looked out of the door to find a crowd full of trainers who he had seen during a small tournament competition. He thought of that competition as one that wasn't as important. After all he had taken only one pokemon, which was one of his weaker pokemon, a mere low-level Sudowoodo. He hadn't won but he got pretty far at an Expert contest. 3rd place before he choked out and his Sudowoodo was beaten. Leo turned back to the counter and refilled his beer stealthily. "This is too easy... " said Leo. "Too bad I left Team Magma.." he said...still talking to himself..

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Feebas live in ponds that are heavily infested with weeds. Because of its hopelessly shabby appearance, it seems as if few...
    "Hey, watch it!" a random crowdmember bumped into Alex who was sitting on a bench, nearly knocking the pok?dex out of the hand of the slender green-haired boy.
    "Raaai!" Brie the Raichu was preparing an electric shock to punish the rude person who had bumped into her trainer, disturbing the little nap she had enjoyed on her the boy's shoulders.
    "Let him go Brie." Alex said, raising his hand "I shouldn't be looking at this anyway." he stuffed the little red device back into his backpack with a slight sting of guilt, making a mental note of deciphering Feebas' evolution later. He had promised not to think of such things, not tonight...
    "Come on" he said, getting up on his feet "Let's go get something to eat before the next tournament begins."
    With that, he let the Raichu climb on top of his head so she would feel less uncomfortable in the crowd and started elbowing his way towards the food stands.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    "Shuppet, you told me you'd wake me up so I wouldn't be late for the Contest," Rine gasped to his Pokemon as he dashed through the crowd.

"Shup shup, Shuppet." The ghost Pokemon hovered beside her trainer, slightly pouting.

"Don't give me the 'I fell asleep' line. I know you don't sleep. Why else would I ask you to wake me up?"

At this, the ghost Pokemon said nothing, merely turning her face away.

Rine released an exasperated sigh before pausing to view his surroundings. Slowing his pace, he glanced about. "Er, Shuppet . . . "

"Shup?"

"I think we're lost."

"Shuppet . . . Shup, shuppet."

The trainer smiled faintly, allowing himself a good natured shrug. "Yeah, but we'll probably end up missing the next Pokemon Contest anyway." Moving at an unsure walk, Rine's jade eyes roved ceaselessly about as he attempted to indentify his location. Then, feeling Shuppet nudge his shoulder, he turned toward the direction she indicated. Seeing a pale-haired male with a Persian at his side, Rine fell still. He looks familiar . . . I think he's from the tournament. He glanced at his watch before speaking to Shuppet. "The Contest starts in about a half hour. If you would, please try to find its location, and report back to me as soon as possible."

"Shuppet?"

"There's something I need to do."

Shuppet nodded before vanishing into the crowd.

Rine's emerald eyes stared silently at the white-haired trainer for a long moment. Normally, I'd rather not talk to anyone unless it's necessary. But, in this situation . . . He started toward Nevada. I feel bad about the way some of the other trainers have been treating him. And, at a festival like this one, I think he deserves to enjoy himself.

"I recognize you from the tournament. Your name's Nevada, right?"

Tasteful Loathing

Danger, danger!
    Years
    His eyes and face quickly tilting upwards, he felt a quick shot of dizziness, but ignored it. His cheeks tinted again, but barely noticeable. "Uh, y-yes. That would be me." Slight smile creased his lips, but he was unsure whether this trainer was talking to him to be friendly, or to ridicule him.

Adell curled her tail around her toes, giving Rine a suspicious glare, before leaning against Nevada, eyes more shut than open.

He sat upright, hands folded casually just before his bent knees. "I apologise for not being able to recall your name... I'm horrible at things like that..." Nevada's gaze lowered before uneasily meeting the boy's again. It took a while to absorb his features, as his depth-perception was rather off, and the outline a bit blurry. Pausing, he bit his tongue, not quite sure what to say next.

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
    I sat on a wooden bench out in a field, grooming, Darkness, my Houndoom. The brush glided through his fur. In the sunlight it was so shiney it was enough to blind.
    There, I'm done." Darkness got up and bounded through the grass. I giggled. I released all my other pokemon who followed Darkness and started to play.
    They were great fighters, I thought. 3rd place isn't bad.
    Flare, my Charizard, flew over and flung me on her back. She lifted off high into the sky.
    "Flare!" I shouted. But the rush of air muffled my voice. We flew over the tornamemts grounds, and I saw some familar faces.
    "Flare, let's land." I spotted a green haired boy who was from the tornament.
    "Go back with the others, I'll whistle if I need you." Flare took off. I walked up to the boy. I moticed he had a Raichu on his head.
    "Um, hello," I said. "I've seen you at the tornament. You're Alex, right?"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Chuuu!" Brie gave an agitated cry, jumping up and down Alex's head.
    "Come on Brie, cut it out!" Alex growled, reaching for the electric pok?mon until he felt his right hand tighten around its soft fur "What's the matter?" he asked looking the Raichu in the eyes. "Raichu-Ra-a-ai-chuu!" Brie flailed wildly and pointed towards the sky, as a large shadow passed over Alex and several confounded crowd members. Looking up, Alex noticed a familiar looking blonde girl riding on a purple Charizard, landing fairly close to Alex and Brie on a spot that several bystanders had wisely vacated. The girl gave her Charizard a few quick instructions before the fire pok?mon rose back into the air. Unsure wether this was a hostile encounter or not, Alex took up a defensive stance. It soon proved unnecessary, though; "Um, hello," the girl said, approaching Alex in a clearly non-treathening manner "I've seen you at the tournament. You're Alex, right?" Alex relaxed, now recognizing the third up from one of the most recent tournament, her purple Charizard should have been enough of a giveaway "Yeah" he replied, giving a friendly smile "And last I checked there weren't too many purple Charizards around these parts, so I'd assume you're Emily, came in third in that tournament, right? Something I can help you with?" Brie was not quite as relieved as her trainer and was still watching the sky intently, as if expecting a giant fire pok?mon to swoop down on her at any moment, but the crowd already seemed to have forgotten about the incident and had returned to minding its own bussiness.

Last edited:

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    OOC: Errors intentional to show "drunkenness". I know you're like O_o but you'll see..lol.
    After a few drinks Leo's head began to get dizzy. His vision slightly blurred and he began to get a headache. He closed his eyes for a few minutes to try and see if that would work. "I knew I shouldn't have had that last drink.." said Leo, reflecting upon his actions. Leo stood up and went outside, attempting to go home. Every step he took was wobbly and uncoordinated. After walking several feet he came up to a tree and began to talk to it. "Hey! Whattya lookin attt..? You wanna piece ah me?" said Leo, partially drunk. He began to punch at the tree for no reason. After several minutes of yelling and punching the tree Leo dropped on the grass and fell asleep.

Yami's Girl

Years
    I smiled.
    "I thought I'd say hi. I also wanted to say you were a good opponent in the tornament." The Raichu on Alex's head was surveying me nervously.
    "I don't bite, I said with a bit of a chuckle. "And if any of my pokemon come by, they won't either." No sooner had I said this then, Darkness , came speding up the gravel and ran full-force into me, knocking me over.
    "Doom!" He said happily and started to licked my face all over.
    "Pfth! Darky! Get off! I can barely breath!" I pushed my Houndoom off and stood up.
    "That's Darkness if you didn't know," I said. "Mabye you would like to come to this big open field and have our pokemon get to know each other?"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Not good enough to win, though." Alex said, blushing slightly as he remembered the utterly humiliating way in which Flammie had lost the decisive match-up, landing Alex in fourth place. "Should have known better than to put Flammie up against that Dragonite, but I honestly didn't know he would try to give it a hug."
    Before Emily managed to reply, a Houndoom came and bowled her over in excitement. Licking her face until the girl firmly pushed her Pok?mon off and resumed her composure.
    "That's Darkness if you didn't know," she said. "Mabye you would like to come to this big open field and have our pokemon get to know each other?"
    "Sure." Alex replied, he wasn't really feeling all that hungry and it would be a change for the better to get out of the crowd for a while. "Sorry about Brie" he added, seeing that the Raichu was still peering cautiously at her surroundings, particularly Emily "She's a bit edgy around strangers."

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Rine smiled before shrugging slightly. "I don't blame you--I'm usually not too good with names either." Shifting his jade eyes toward Nevada's Persian, the trainer commented, "Judging by your Persian's condition and actions, it seems you take care of your Pokemon very well." Rine allowed himself a quiet laugh before adding, "But, someone could tell that by simply watching your battles."

-----------------------------------

Shuppet wove its way through the crowds--at times moving between people and at others moving through them. Casting its sapphire gaze about, the ghost paused as it recognized a coordinator. As it seemed the trainer/coordinator was preparing for a Contest, Shuppet began to follow her.

Yami's Girl

Years
    I motioned Darkness to go back towards the field.
    "I'll be there in a few minutes," I murmered. Darky nodded happily and ran back to his friends. I sighed and stood.
    "I can understand Brie would be nervous, I would be too." I took a deep breath, put two fingers up to my mouth and whistled. Flare came tearing through the sky and landed in front of me.
    "I can take you to the field, Alex, if you want that is."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Brie squealed and jumped backwards, clinging to alex's back for dear life as the Charizard landed once more.
    "Chuu!" she exclaimed, building up elctricity and forcing Alex to intervene once more:
    "Come on Brie, relax!" the Raichu stopped charging energy but kept its eyes firmly locked on the Charizard, ready to blast it at the first wrong move.
    "Maybe its better if I take my own." Alex said with an apologetic look, "Come on Flammie!"
    A second Charizard appeared, although this one was silvery in colour and had a white tail-flame.
    "Char!" the pok?mon gave a happy cry and took Alex into a bear hug.
    "Nice to see you too, buddy." the boy replied from somewhere within the giant embrace, relieved that his pok?mon let go fairly quickly. It then turned towards Flare.
    "Look." Alex said, knowing that Flammie could spend hours talking to one of his own kind "I need you to fly me somewhere, okay? You two can talk all you want once you're there." The Charizard grinned widely, happy to be of help, and bent down a bit to allow his trainer to climb between his wings.
    "Lead the way Emily." Alex said, once he and Brie had secured a position on Flammie's back.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    OOC: Drunk people are fun...

IC: Half an hour after Leo's drunken problem he rose up to his feet, his hand on his head, as if trying to make his headache feel better. When in fact it wasn't. He stood, still half-drunk. "God, what the hell did they put in those drinks?" said Leo, slowly coming to his senses.

Last edited:

Tasteful Loathing

Danger, danger!
    Years
    Nevada blushed again at the compliment, and Adell gave Rine another, more kind glance, finally thinking that he wasn't the bad of a person. Nevada gave his Persian another pat before speaking. "Considering my Pokemon are all I really have, I guess I have to keep them in good condition." He smiled, this one a little wider. "Better them fit and well-fed than-"

A Poochyena leaped into his lap, fighting his way onto Nevada's shoulders, emerald eyes wide. A Vulpix ran to his feet, jumping and yapping at the Poochyena. Nevada shook his head, glaring down at the small fox, who looked like he refused to look 'girly', his head curls unrolled and mussed by his paws. "How many times do I have to tell you to leave him alone?" Nevada plucked the Poochyena off his shoulders, despite the struggle the pup fought to keep up there.

Laughing suddenly, he looked up at Rine again. "Although, despite how well you train and treat your Pokemon, there's bound to be some mismatches personality-wise."

Yami's Girl

Years
    I smiled. "Brie has a right to be scared." Then I jumped on Flare.
    "Up, up, up, and away!" I said, in a standing position and look out at the land before me. Flare beat her wings and rose up into the sky. I stood still in my psition, keen to find my other pokemon. We came across several valleys until we reached ours.
    "Begin Sky Dive," I directed Flare. Without a word, Flare turned in a vertical positsion and plummeted to the ground. I hung on to her back and felt the wind whip my hair in my face. Close to the ground, I could hear my pokemon shout with glee, except for Rage.
    "Now!" I shouted. Flare pulled up so suddenly my head jerked back. She came back to a regular flying position and lighted down.
    "Whew! That was so fun!" A familiar canine shape came bounding towards me.
    "Wait..." almost as Darkness was on top of me, I jumped onto Flare's back and he ran into a tree. My pokemon laughed.
    "I'm too quick," I said. I motioned for Alex. "Come meet the gang!"

Yami's Girl

Years
    I smiled and jumped on Flare.
    "Up, up, up, and away!" I said, standing up and looking at at the land before me. Flare beat her wings and took off into the sky. I shielded my eyes from the sun and looked for the valley with my pokemon. After awhile I found the valley.
    "Sky Dive," I said to Flare. With out warning Flare went into a vertical position and plummeted to the ground. I hung onto her back, my hair whipping my face. I could see the faces of my pokemon, each with thier own ahppy expression.
    "Now!" Flare pulled back so suddenly my head jerked back. She got back into a regular flying position and lighted down. I greeted my pokemon and a familiar canine shape came bounding towards me. I jumped back on Flare and Darkness ran into a tree. My pokemon roared with laughter. I motioned for Alex.
    "Come meet the gang!"

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Rine smiled slightly as he nodded. "Agreed. But, I think that the differences in Pokemon personalities is what makes training so enjoyable." The male's jade-green eyes moved from Persian to Poochyena before resting on Vulpix. "In some ways, training Pokemon is like life--it's often the trials that make it most worth continuing." He again allowed himself a faint laugh, adding, "But, that could just be my opinion."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Alex dismounted Flammie with the routine that came naturally for one who had done it countless times before, the Charizard had followed their guide faithfully, even in that last breakneck dive, Alex certainly owed it to live up to his word.
    "Thanks, buddy." he said, patting the Charizard's warm hide affectionately "You can go mingle now."
    "Char!" Flammie called out happily, quickly making his way to Flare and striking up a conversation.
    Darkness the Houndoom came running towards his trainer, attempting the same trick as last time, but Emily was prepared now, jumping back onto her Charizard and evading the playful tackle with impressive agility. The Houndoom crashed into a nearby tree, although the only thing that had been injured was its pride, as the other pok?mon laughed at the scene.
    "I'm too quick," Emily said, motioning for Alex. "Come meet the gang!"
    Alex nodded in response as he moved closer, currently he could only see Flare the Charizard, Darkness the Houndoom, and a Tyranitar that was giving him a slightly appraising glance, but he was sure that there were more of them there, at least the Dragonite he had seen in the tournament and probably two others as well. He wasn't sure wether the rest of his team would be all that interested in making new aquintances but he decided that Iris and Shade at the very least would be worth introducing.
    "Come on out, guys." he called, sending out the Sableye and the Xatu. Shade started peering around the new faces with curiosity while Iris simply stood there as usual, acting like there wasn't anyone else present.
    "Okay, this little guy here is Shade." he gestured at the little ghost pok?mon beside him "And the anti-social one is Iris." the Xatu didn't comment on the matter, although she obviously acknowledged it.
    "And these are?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow inqusitively as he noticed an unusually coloured Vaporeon, a Salamence and a Dragonite headed their way.

Yami's Girl

Years
    I turned and saw what Alex was talking about.
    "Oh! Yes, I have another shiney, Hydro is the Vaporeon, and then Dragonite, who you've met in the tornament, and Salamance. They unfortunatly don't have nicknames." Hydro came up and sat by me, eyeing the new pokemon suspiciously. My other two pokemon flew over to the others and tried to make friends. I tried walking over, and noticed I was being held by something. I pulled and the thing holding me let go and I fell flat on my face. Hydro behind me was laughing very hard.
    "You're so going to get it, Ms. Moody." Hydro snorted and jumped on my back. I quickly got up and she fell on her back.
    "HA!" I said. Hydro quickly gave me a Hydro Pump and went over to the new pokemon.
    "You're pokemon look like they're well cared for," I said, trying to pet the Xatu, but yet it always turned it's head.
    "I don't think I battled them. You don't have to bring out the others though, don't feel pressured."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Oh, I'm not feeling pressured." Alex said, shaking his head "It's just that...well, Sleet can be rather vicious, and seeing as she is an ice type I wouldn't want any accidents to happen." he gestured towards the Salamence and the Dragonite. "And Cascade needs a bit of water to...wait, I know." he noticed a fairly sized hole in the ground.

"Brie, Rain Dance over there."

Brie the Raichu was slowly acknowledging the fact that she was not going to be eaten in the near future. The two dragons didn't look all that intimidating, and Flammie was okay with that Charizard. Brie trusted Flammie's opinion, although she was still clutching her trainer's ankle when the command came. Relieved to have something else to think on, and willing to show her talent the Raichu made her way to the hole and started out a peculiar little dance, which ended with her throwing up her arms and pointing her tail vertically upwards towards the sky. A small but persistent rain cloud appeared over the hole, filling with water, a makeshift pond.

"Okay." Alex said, patting Brie on the head as she unsummoned the cloud "Go Cascade!" with a cry, a small, purple Feebas appeared in the pond and eyed the others with its big, watery, eyes.

"That's Cascade." Alex said, "I caught her a while ago, but she doesn't really see much battle. And yes, I do try to look out for my pok?mon the best I can." he eyed the Feebas who now had a hint of dissapointment in its eyes as she realized that her trainer still hadn't found a way to make her evolve, "Although I do fail at times." Alex concluded with a slight sigh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back