• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] inserting all 6 region maps

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    hey guys. i am wondering how i can insert all the original pokemon region maps into fire red. i read somewhere that it has support for up to that many regions and i wanna make the most of the romhack

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • hey guys. i am wondering how i can insert all the original pokemon region maps into fire red. i read somewhere that it has support for up to that many regions and i wanna make the most of the romhack

I can't say if the ROM has capability to have all six regions in it, it probably doesn't have enough space to hold all of that data, but there is a way you can implement four region/town maps. Fire Red has four town maps: Kanto, Sevii Islands 1 - 3, 4 - 5, and 6 - 7. Ideally you could change each map to a region, but that would mean only having four of the six you desire. I don't know if you could add in any more town maps, you'd have to ask one of the experts in disassembly for that.

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • Nope. A ROM isn't big enough to add them all. You'll have to add the maps, maybe tilesets, but also wild Pokemon data and events. One region already has a shit ton of events and wild Pokemon. Your ROM isn't big enough to have this data * 6 regions (not to mention you might want new Pokemon as well and new types and items etc.)

Back