• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Instead of that Pikachu...?

Do you think Ash should have gotten a different Pokémon than Pikachu?

• Total voters

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Pikachu is a mascot of the show and Pikachu was a much better pick then it would have been with another pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    While I never minded Pikachu as a starter Pokemon, I would have preferred if Ash caught a Pokemon for himself rather than Oak giving him one. A Growlithe would be great to accompany Ash on his journey, if he could actually catch one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    I think that Pikachu being the starter is great, it lead to some really interesting developments in movies and now pikachu is sort of a mascot for the entire series. If Ash had gotten a different pokemon in the beginning, I think it would have been interesting if he'd gotten a magikarp. Seeing how useless it is, I wonder what the writers would have done to get him ti level it up to a gyarydos (Which is awesome.)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    ^ It wouldn't be fun! Ash would be tearing down most of the gyms after that, considering that Gyarados is a beast after evolution! D :

It would surely be interesting if Ash got that Squirtle (he DID say he wanted one) instead of Gary. Squirtle could retain the personality Pikachu had, but the battles would definetely be different. For example, Brock's battle might be much easier, but considering the size of Onix, things could turn out pretty different from what Ash had expected.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2013
    He should have started with Charmander. I think they would be unstoppable. (not the one he got later the actual starter) The are both headstrong and loyal. Also Pikachu only became the mascot because Ash did get it. If Ash had gotten Charmander then Charmander would be the mascot!

Last edited:

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    I can see him with a Lucario, actually... Although if we ever get another magical coincidence where he is somehow the descendant of a great hero and only he can save the land, fledybleh, I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the writers.

Back