• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intel 945G Chipset and CoD4

deco11

Custom User Tile
    Years
    I sit possible to play Call of Duty 4 on my laptop with an Intel 945G chipset?
    I updated my drivers and tried to play it with 3danalyze but I don't think the chipset supports vertex shading, is there a workaround or something?

Thanks.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Really the odds are no...Onboard in most cases can't handle games. I know Intel for a while kept a list of what its onboard video chips could play. Do a Google search for your chipset with COD4 to see what comes up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It says on the game's case in the system requirements area, "onboard chipsets are not supported".

No workarounds; you've got what hardware you've got. And unfortunately since it's a laptop, you can't simply go buy a video card for it.

deco11

Custom User Tile
    Years
    I hate that I can't get an upgrade.

My comp can play Halo on the lowest settings at 30fps though.

Thanks

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    My lappy has a mobile ATI chip and it won't run CoD4.. it barely runs HL2 and related games - L4D is jerky slow on it.. best bet is to build/buy a gaming system for you game use and use the laptop for general computing..

deco11

Custom User Tile
    Years
    my sisters VAIO has an ATI Radeon 2300 or something and can play cod on minimum settings. The absolute minimum

Back